Stare Off...

Up the fields earlier, got up from being down prone with my kit bag. Rabbit jumps out from a grassy area. It's seen me. I've seen it. It's like 60-70 yards away. I'm stood up. Just stand there for about 5 mins, it's doesn't move and I don't, we just look at each other. So I figure, get low, slowerly... Rabbits still there, banging it's paws on the ground in front of itself.

My question is, in a similar situation, do you move forward on foot, as it's seen you already, or do you get down low and move forward and put the 'effort' in to get the rifle on this rabbit. For some reason I feel I made the wrong choice, getting low. I wonder if it would of stayed put long enough if I'd of continued up right.

Im suppose there is no nack of getting within range when it's clearly alert... Is there?

I try to get foreword getting smaller as I go so they think I'm going away start standing up then bending the shoulders crouching then on my knees and then laying down crawling forward till I'm in range . Other times I think sod it and just spook it as long as there no more rabbits out and hope to meet it another day

There's no written rules there behaviour is unpredictable some are dumb some are wise and some are cocky twats just like us. To think there's a knack/trick is undermining your prey no problems only solutions atb

• Like 1

Stay low, open jacket, attach bayonett, scream loud while charging, watch coney run for its life...

This could be as effective as all other methods I have tried when in that situation pal.??

• Like 6

Had that very situation this morning Rez but as I was not bothered about the shot or a crawl in soaking wet long grass, I carried on with taking my hide down. A few minutes later, I looked up to see if he was still there, he was happily munching grass. I guess he didn't think I was a threat so carried on................................must of heard about my groups with the TX :boogy:

Phil

• Like 1