Goodbye Louis........

Fair enough Gnasher, I get that mate.

I just see a marked difference in fans, I can only speake for what I believe about our little club but if a club like ours had Fergie and enjoyed the success he brought he would have been supported 100% by the fans if he had fielded a team of monkeys......you just would not have heard a bad word about the bloke!!

I just can't take fans seriously when they slate managers when only a couple of seasons previous they were slagging the greatest manager ever saying it's not good enough.

They just lack a bit of realism IMHO mate......the board are never going to keep such fans happy because they either don't know what they are saying or just wont be satisfied no matter what.

Cmon Wilf, there's f***ing idiots at every club, you can't be that rose tinted surely??

LVG himself said it was only ever 3 years, he's done 2, would you wait another or get someone in for 5+ ?? Which is the right way IMO

I agree you should give someone 5 years, but by the sound of things mate your fans won't will they?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyway thankyou thankyou thankyou for our European place Manchester United....................................................................sorry about your coach

Mental !!......top 4 and 5 finishes and the FA cup whilst totally rebuilding a team with young players that will last and the blokes not good enough ??? I just don't get it?

Pssst.....shall I tell him no one gives a f**k about Sunderland or will one of you ?........lol

I just see a marked difference in fans, I can only speake for what I believe about our little club but if a club like ours had Fergie and enjoyed the success he brought he would have been supported 100% by the fans if he had fielded a team of monkeys......you just would not have heard a bad word about the bloke!!

I just can't take fans seriously when they slate managers when only a couple of seasons previous they were slagging the greatest manager ever saying it's not good enough.

They just lack a bit of realism IMHO mate......the board are never going to keep such fans happy because they either don't know what they are saying or just wont be satisfied no matter what.

Thats just the difference between big clubs and little clubs though aint it Wilf big clubs fans just dont have the same affinity little clubs fans do we dont have the same expectations its no different to how it ever was is it.

• Like 1

Stability Gnash, LVG was only 3 years, that's not the way IMO, someone like Koeman, pochettino, Hughes or even Klopp but in charge straight after moyes and given 5 years with a view to more, LVG was always only 3 years regardless, that was his terms

Dont seem to be working for Arsenal does it and they are about the only club in England on par with Utd.......different reasons granted but theres just not the patience in the game at top level now to build i dont think.

I think there is a diffence Gnash, arsenal are a money making club, would you ever imagine Fergie selling Wenger his best player (van persie) and then watch him go on and win the league thanks to 20 odd goals from him?? I don't think so

Oh i agree.....but ultimately sport is about victory and at the moment the club run purely as a business is no further behind in terms of success on the pitch......look at it this way.......Mourinho is about to become manager of Man Utd......me or you have a better chance of managing Arsenal than Mourinho has......maybe that says something.

Well the best sides I have seen have been a good mixture of homegrown talent given time to develope mixed with clever buys and sales to eventually achieve what you want.

That's is not a short term game IMHO

You can buy in teams that just click certainly but you won't be getting no 10 seasons out of them IMHO, it's a 2 or 3 season job at best then you have to start again.....and pay the inflated prices to go with it.

Teams at the mercy of the agents then, again Jmho

I think the days of 4/5/6 homegrown players in teams at the very highest level are in the past now.....

Agreed but how sad is that state of affairs mate, no wonder our national side have failed to produce the goods.

Cmon Wilf, there's f***ing idiots at every club, you can't be that rose tinted surely??

LVG himself said it was only ever 3 years, he's done 2, would you wait another or get someone in for 5+ ?? Which is the right way IMO

I agree you should give someone 5 years, but by the sound of things mate your fans won't will they?

Who knows Wilf, the board should pick the man and stick IMO.

Of course Utd fans have been spoilt over the past 25 years, but there will never be another Fergie, ever.... Big club or little club you get wide ranging fans, perhaps over the next few years you'll see the expectations of your fans rise, maybe they'll become a bit more fickle then?? When Leicester are scrabbling at the bottom will the fans turn on Ranieri?

Let's not forget BSA kept your club up, and made moves in the right direction, but he didn't fit, and was made fully aware of it by the fans, why should it be any different at Utd if the fans don't feel LVG is right?

Would all of the hammers got behind Sam if he'd won the fa cup??

• Like 2

I understand from a fans perspective that the top premiership clubs have a demand from their fans to be in the top 3, and to put silverware on the shelf but in some instances fans think its a divine right which of course it isn't.

LVG may not have been the most popular but Fergie is a tough act to follow for any future manager and is it not fair to accept those days of total dominance have gone?

• Like 1

Well the best sides I have seen have been a good mixture of homegrown talent given time to develope mixed with clever buys and sales to eventually achieve what you want.

That's is not a short term game IMHO

You can buy in teams that just click certainly but you won't be getting no 10 seasons out of them IMHO, it's a 2 or 3 season job at best then you have to start again.....and pay the inflated prices to go with it.

Teams at the mercy of the agents then, again Jmho

I think the days of 4/5/6 homegrown players in teams at the very highest level are in the past now.....

Agreed but how sad is that state of affairs mate, no wonder our national side have failed to produce the goods.

Again could be rose tinted but I see a real good crop of youngsters right now.

Utd field some very good home grown talent Rashford and Lindegard , plus players like Luke Shaw to come back.

Add Vardy, Kane, Ali, Sturridge, stones, wilshere, sterling, Dier,... This could be a good time for English football IMO, just let them play without huge expectation and enjoy it

• Like 2

I understand from a fans perspective that the top premiership clubs have a demand from their fans to be in the top 3, and to put silverware on the shelf but in some instances fans think its a divine right which of course it isn't.

LVG may not have been the most popular but Fergie is a tough act to follow for any future manager and is it not fair to accept those days of total dominance have gone?

Absolutely mate, as I said there will never be another Fergie, this stupid pup beside me is called Fergie ( I quite respect the fella lol), the man will be unsurpassed, he would of been a success in anything though, such was his desire and brain.

I think there is the start of a team at Utd again now, whether that is luck or judgement on LVG's part is debatable, but a couple of signings to go with the youngsters plus De gea ( who is the best in the world IMO) Rooney ( outstanding yesterday), Luke shaw to come back, Smalling is a better defender by miles this year, and martial will be a super star IMO plus Rashford!! Now you need someone to add the other pieces. Morhino?? Not too sure

• Like 1

Fans and chairman want instant success nowadays ,,,,,rightly or wrongly so ,,,,,the days of slowly bring in local kids are rare now ,,,Jose will bring success in some way , his record tells you that , he was betrayed at Chelsea by senior players , with his style of management you need a chairman who will back him when players try to takeover ..............people say he doesn't fit the United way ,,,,,,,,,when players took on Fergie the board backed him ,,,,as Beckham , Keane , Stamm , all found out !!

Some of the man utd teams that have won the title in the past have played breathtaking football ,a joy for even someone like me who hates them ,to watch ,Arsenal title winning teams have took the game to new levels ,,who remembers the Chelsea title winning teams? Yawn ,the man even made Real Madrid boring to watch ,he may win a title at utd ,but they will sacrifice any exciting football in the process ,the man is nothing more than a BFS for rich clubs .

I picked up very early in the season from radio phone-ins that many ManU fans were disgruntled about the way they were playing. Of course when that was mentioned the die hards simply came out with their ABU defence. They wouldn't accept it. But, over the course of the season LVG has proved that he has no idea of what is the best ManU team, where his players do well and where they struggle. He has played Matial and Mata all over the park and his early season tactics stifled the raw talent of Depay and others.

There have been some stats published about their lack of shots and propensity to pass back, but if those stats had shown the first 20 matches and not the whole season they would have been much, much worse. It seemed that from a couple of months ago LVG was forced to change tactics and they started to resemble a team again. He'd lost the dressing room and had to concede defeat and listen to their concerns.

Look at the current team and it is largely down to Academy players who have turned the team around; Rashford, Borthwick-Jackson, Lingard for instance, and players bought by his predecessors such as Mata, de Gea and Smalling. The ones LVG bought other than Martial have failed to perform. Look at the signings of Schweinsteiger for example. His previous chairman conceded that he'd been crocked for the last four years. Di Maria was too good for LVG's conservative style and was offloaded at a discount. A quality player given away at a bargain price. He never filled the gap left by Van Persie whilst knowing that Rooney's star was fading. Even selling a number 9 who's still banging goals in for his new German employers.

These Academy kids saved ManU's season, not LVG. So for me he has to go.

• Like 1

All I can say is when your team play as average as utd have over the last 3 years then as a fan I have my right to say"" on your bike , if you so called experts can't see he's not the right fit at utd then I'm lost.

Edited by bracken boy