Im absolutely dreading tomorrow night we,ve been pushing it to the back of our minds all year and now its upon us.......pathetic as it sounds.....beyond losing people close its the most emotional thing i can imagine i,ll be there tomorrow night with pals from childhood some of who i only see at football these days.....i,ll be a die hard West Ham fan till the day i die but its the end of an era and is for many of my generation expect to see fans from all walks of life young and old,tough old boys with big reputations,well known local faces,housewives,all sorts in absolute bits......i,ll probably be sobbing my little heart out for the next few days with a few other big tough chaps :whistling:

Souvenirs,the place has been a massive part of our lives since we were children its only right to keep some memories back......plenty of people will be taking a few screwdrivers and socket sets but ive already got my momentos tucked safely away you got to plan ahead for these things.

No doubt in true West Ham fashion we will go and get walloped 4 nil or something the Bubbles song has always fitted us perfectly,get so close to the dream and then norse it right up :D

• Like 6

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't go spoiling things with the obvious Del !   ........4 abreast they stood against the ghastly men of low morality who went by the name ICF. At the front, like some giant red and white Statto s

It's strange to see someone that obviously admires hooligans of the past talking about them pushing rival firms into the sea etc get his knickers in a twist over a few fans getting a bit lively on a v

Can't believe gnasher hasn't been posting on this thread whilst at the game tonight,,,,,,   oh yeh that's right,,he's at the footie with his mates and having a good time......

Posted Images

Im absolutely dreading tomorrow night we,ve been pushing it to the back of our minds all year and now its upon us.......pathetic as it sounds.....beyond losing people close its the most emotional thing i can imagine i,ll be there tomorrow night with pals from childhood some of who i only see at football these days.....i,ll be a die hard West Ham fan till the day i die but its the end of an era and is for many of my generation expect to see fans from all walks of life young and old,tough old boys with big reputations,well known local faces,housewives,all sorts in absolute bits......i,ll probably be sobbing my little heart out for the next few days with a few other big tough chaps :whistling:

Souvenirs,the place has been a massive part of our lives since we were children its only right to keep some memories back......plenty of people will be taking a few screwdrivers and socket sets but ive already got my momentos tucked safely away you got to plan ahead for these things.

No doubt in true West Ham fashion we will go and get walloped 4 nil or something the Bubbles song has always fitted us perfectly,get so close to the dream and then norse it right up :D

You got your eye on the Bobby Moore statue? :D

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Big new ground ,big fan base London club ....do you think the owners will hold out when the big offers come in from the Russians orArabs or the far east ,because I expect they will come thick and fast now .

What souvenirs have ye got gnash? Sure will be a sad day for yous tomorrow, but always think positive

Just a few small things of sentimental value mate i wont bore you with the stories behind them.........i did manage to get the centre spot years ago and put it in a raised flower bed in the garden......didnt quite have the effect i was hoping for in all honesty :D

Big new ground ,big fan base London club ....do you think the owners will hold out when the big offers come in from the Russians orArabs or the far east ,because I expect they will come thick and fast now .

I dont think they will Stan.... David Gold is an old man who has achieved his dream.....both of their families are well looked after i like to think they have more about them than to sell out.....but who knows......personally i think a lot will change and it will never be the same again which is why for me its the end of an era and the point at which i,ll step back and become a " normal " fan.

• Like 4

Just for those who dont get why we dont want to leave Upton Park have a little listen to my ol mucker Gary we are the same generation been seeing each other at football for 35 years and completely understands the club and the people......and theres thousands more just like us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhujOZzwLfU

• Like 3

Just for those who dont get why we dont want to leave Upton Park have a little listen to my ol mucker Gary we are the same generation been seeing each other at football for 35 years and completely understands the club and the people......and theres thousands more just like us.

I'm sitting here this morning feeling a bit gutted, that bloke nearly bought a tear to a glass eye.........perfectly put at the end, perfectly.

"I don't wanna be that team....."

Only West Ham lads will ever understand that thinking.

Thanks for sharing that mate, spot on for the occasion I reckon ;)

• Like 2

Just been looking on some of these youtube things the last few days theres some good stuff on there.

I like this one.....when ol man Gardiner says " its crap here....but its our crap ".......so true........any Hammer of our generation knows Bill he is probably the only man in my life i have ever been frightened of he was like the evil step father to us teenagers back then you just didnt want to let him down and went that extra mile just to get that encouraging wink or pat on the back from him......today he would be seen as scum but he was someone we all looked up to and stood us in good stead for adult life....proper old school values that growing up round here you just had even if your parents didnt give them to you.... whatever all us scruffy little fuckers round here ever amounted to in life is irrelevant we all owe Upton Park so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHDY1bXRHeI

• Like 1

West Ham are one of those teams that every fan has a bit of affection for. As has been said, they provided the nucleus of the 66 world cup team and traditionally play open, attacking entertaining football. Having said that, Hurst was imo a very average player and i hope they get stuffed tonight. As a genuine Man u fan (born 1/2 mile from the ground) I hope we stuff them tonight and piss off the West Ham crowd big time. Love West Ham always good for three points. ( Except for this season -granted)

the thing i have found about West Ham is there is no class barriers they have fans what are millionaires mixed in with factory workers or market traders all treating each other the same like that clip gold stops to talk to a lad on a stall there no snobbery if somebody does well. the explanation i got is nobody round here is born with a silver spoon in there mouth lol