Just swimming and footy for now.

I want them all to get into some sort of combat sport or martial art too,BJJ would be ideal,can take 15+ years to get your Dan grade,so the sooner they get into it (if they enjoy it) the better.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My young lad 13 was aba school boy champ last year first one in 20 years in his gym an he plays for 3 football teams his region an sat an sun he is keen as f--k

My young lads 8 and lives and breathes hunting and fishing ....I feel sorry for him in a way as he is the only one amongst his friends that does any country pursuits so its only really adults he can

Got up at 5 am ,left house at 7 am ,down Cardiff for before 9 am , first time at Welsh tae kwondo championships , 2 of the kids entered into sparring Younger lad lost his first fight. He was nervous

Posted Images

Kids are 9 & 6. For now it's karate, swimming, cubs/beavers, athletics & football. Think you've got to expose them to loads of stuff and see what it is they want to do, and then get them to stick with it.

Too right mate, our boys done a good few things even had them in dancing lol
Was going to add if my wee lad watches Billy Elliott and turns round and says he wants to give the ballet a go he'll need every fcukin one of those karate moves?

Hip hop buddy lol

• Like 1

My young lads 8 and lives and breathes hunting and fishing ....I feel sorry for him in a way as he is the only one amongst his friends that does any country pursuits so its only really adults he can speak about it with .

He is football daft but has stopped supporting Celtic (I even thought about putting him up for adoption when he came out with that and told him he was a disgrace to the family) :laugh: ....he now supports real madrid and goes on about Rhonaldo and Neymar all the time .

I watch him play football and he just doesnt have the balance or timeing ...hes a lump of a lad and naturally strong so got a mate to take him to rugby and he has taken to it like a duck to water and after his first training session he was put into the first team ....the coaches have said he is one to look out for and has the right attitude for the game but after his 5 th game he snapped his leg in a ruk and he was in a cast for 7 weeks luckily they didnt need to pin his leg ....he thought he was bomb proof and it affected his confidence a bit ....but hes back fit again and back amongst it ...the most important thing for me about bringing up kids is to teach them respect and manners and to keep decent people around them .

had him on the target the past few weeks and he is ready to drop his first Roe buck this season .

post-88284-0-06165600-1462383504_thumb.jpg

post-88284-0-17205100-1462383549_thumb.jpg

Edited by MIK
  • Like 9

My eldest lad is 10 comin, done Kung fu for 3 years whilst waiting to be old enough for boxing and now he been at that a couple years, he will be getting carded soon as he 10 and his gym have high hopes for him, he also plays footie for local and school teams, swims for school and does cross country running. Got a daughter a year younger who has been doing gymnastics and ballet and other dancing since she was 3, sh also swims for school and runs for the school, then I got a toddler and a baby who like shitting, screaming and destroying things just now lol but they will be old enough to get to go to clubs soon. Anything better than havin them sat about playing Xbox all time

That's good he's into the boxing Don least you'll have someone to look out for u now lol. Keep him at it buddy and wish him all the best, be good for yous to have one decent fighter in the family lol

My young lads 8 and lives and breathes hunting and fishing ....I feel sorry for him in a way as he is the only one amongst his friends that does any country pursuits so its only really adults he can speak about it with .

He is football daft but has stopped supporting Celtic (I even thought about putting him up for adoption when he came out with that and told him he was a disgrace to the family) :laugh: ....he now supports real madrid and goes on about Rhonaldo and Neymar all the time .

I watch him play football and he just doesnt have the balance or timeing ...hes a lump of a lad and naturally strong so got a mate to take him to rugby and he has taken to it like a duck to water and after his first training session he was put into the first team ....the coaches have said he is one to look out for and has the right attitude for the game but after his 5 th game he snapped his leg in a ruk and he was in a cast for 7 weeks luckily they didnt need to pin his leg ....he thought he was bomb proof and it affected his confidence a bit ....but hes back fit again and back amongst it ...the most important thing for me about bringing up kids is to teach them respect and manners and to keep decent people around them .

had him on the target the past few weeks and he is ready to drop his first Roe buck this season .

attachicon.gif11781893_1109162415779301_7624093976891890531_n.jpg

attachicon.gif12745934_1197083943654017_4130562841701495283_n.jpg

You forgot that he also has a better right hook than his old fella ;)

• Like 1

This is my little lady, all ready for training in her county colours. She loves her camogie and soccer. She's big into her sport and records any match on TV and watches them over and over. She has no interest in girly things, much to her mothers dismay.

temporary_zps5ql1gewq.jpg

My son, plays hurling, soccer, swims and does athletics.

It's good to have them involved in sport.

Both will also gladly pass the day on the xbox and ipads, if left.

• Like 4

Great pictures men..I tryed to get my lad in to most things...he loves swimming, karate and just recently boxing.done football but he's not over keen.I wish I was pushed a little more as a child but tbh I was hard work and got bored far to easy but maybe with a little push... Who nos.a true pleasure watching the kids grow and make frends in different passbtimes though.well done men..lovely to see.

Son and grandson both into karate ..my boy has been doing it since he was 10 , started out boxing but my wife was having none of it , her dad boxed professionally , so went karate .He had a couple of years out in his teens but went back and has been running his own clubs for ten years , he's second dan , grandson is one step of junior black . He does benefit from having uncle to brush up technique on ..he is also into mountain biking with his dad , the vids of there exploits frighten the life out of me ..post-81636-0-56431400-1462420299_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

My 6 year old son does tae kwodo ,,,,,f**k I can't even spel it,,,,and gymnastics,,,by feck he's a skinny bendy little fecker,,,,

And same as w katchum,,,,toddler who just wants to see how everything breaks,,,he's a distructive little fecker

• Like 2

My wee 2yo girl is a nightmare like that, too independent aswell like, and just crys for anything, if she was our 1st I'd defo say ther wouldn't have been any more

My 6 year old son does tae kwodo ,,,,,f**k I can't even spel it,,,,and gymnastics,,,by feck he's a skinny bendy little fecker,,,,

And same as w katchum,,,,toddler who just wants to see how everything breaks,,,he's a distructive little fecker

My daughter was 5 in January , my toddler is complete nutter,he turned 2 in feb and he's up to my daughters shoulders.and probably weighs more,he feels it when I pick him up.
  • 3 weeks later...

Got up at 5 am ,left house at 7 am ,down Cardiff for before 9 am , first time at Welsh tae kwondo championships , 2 of the kids entered into sparring

Younger lad lost his first fight. He was nervous before hand and after lost his confidence an spat his dummy out ,told him he can't expect to win every time,and it was his first time out,didn't help,he had his illness not long ago and last week was out at school residential trip.

Older lad came third and sustained a very powerful kick to the throat ,but didn't seem to phase him.

image.jpg1_zps3lhdy9d9.jpg

• Like 6

Got up at 5 am ,left house at 7 am ,down Cardiff for before 9 am , first time at Welsh tae kwondo championships , 2 of the kids entered into sparring

Younger lad lost his first fight. He was nervous before hand and after lost his confidence an spat his dummy out ,told him he can't expect to win every time,and it was his first time out,didn't help,he had his illness not long ago and last week was out at school residential trip.

Older lad came third and sustained a very powerful kick to the throat ,but didn't seem to phase him.

image.jpg1_zps3lhdy9d9.jpg

Nice one mate, great to see you getting the out there and at it! They always going to get hurt when older it's just how they deal with it that's the thing. Was at one of the best Muay Thai events in a long time in Scotland last night 12 a class fights and what a night hard to pick a fight of the night, had a few cracker KOs and a few real brutal fights, also got to see young Jordan Coe come back to Scotland to fight at this event and what a boy! He's always been special but since moving to Thailand he just improved so much! Hopfully get to see a bit more of him over here as he gets older