Trapping Rabbits

ive been trying to trap rabbits in a garden the past few days with litttle luck so far, i tryed carrots in around, leading to the traps with no luck... i returned, sprayed apple juice over the traps incase there was a scent problem, then put some apple down... caught one rabbit the next morning...

the traps are in areas the rabbits use, whats the best bait for live traps, also any other advice using the traps would be appreciated

Edited by Joe1888

I have tried and failed to catch with traps in a domestic garden. I was using carrot, most in the cage with just a little outside. Wildlife camera revealed that mice were taking the carrot.

There is a lot of info on this site already discussed last year, search rabbit trapping on front page

I wish you well

• Like 1

I've had very limited success with live traps, baits used are commonly what they are feeding on in the given environment.

Also used cabbage stalk and apple.

Caught a few, but hard work and not much return personally.

:thumbs:

• Like 1

I'm always interested to see good successful rabbit cage trapping. Iv tried it and didn't do much good...with the effort needed, unpredictability and chance of cage interference /theft I can't see it being much use for me. For garden jobs with relatively low numbers but what the customer sees as major damage I normally offer to rabbit fence the garden and offer the option of a drop box

I carried out a cage trapping treatment on a domestic garden which bordered on some rough ground.

The reason rabbits go into these gardens is for the fresh grass sprouting after being cut on a weekly basis .

And some favourable plants . Prebiotic with sliced carrot, face traps so you catch them leaving .

I'll try find some pics

• Like 1