• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

none of you use these?   http://www.otom.com/how-to-remove-a-tick

used to smear them in vaseline (but not on pregnant bitch) they breath out the arse as the head is buried. coating them in vaseline stops them breathing and they drop off in a few hours... Yokel

Sprinkle with salt makes them thirsty when they let go to look for water you can shoot them with air rifle works for crabs as well must be a good shot though lol

Sprinkle with salt makes them thirsty when they let go to look for water you can shoot them with air rifle works for crabs as well must be a good shot though lol

rubbish crabs are best rubbed with sugar it wont kill them but it will rot there teeth and they starve to death and fall of lol :laugh:

• Like 1

Great idea I have removed them and got the heads, changed bedding. I'll apply the lube and grease her up and hope they dont return and if they are any little ones still their hopefully the vas will work

just wondering if there are ticks were she is at why put her back in the same spot? I would think if she is gonna have pups there they will also get it..and Lyme isn't a good thing for a grown nursing dog with pups to have..just curious..if they were there once chances are they will be back..not being a smart ass just wondering why that's all..
  • Like 1

Your wright I have moved her to a different kennel. I asked for views and appreciate it but their is still chance in her getting them but I hope not none of the other have em and they have not returned so far only conclusion i have is i changed her bed to fine type wood shavings that may have been the prob but i do use this stuuff in the cold months and never had prob but with tick season upon us maybe their is a link their.I sure as he'll am not bringing her into the house lol

True and thanks for the replies but I am up to date with ticks on how they are got and what to use, it was really just that she is in the very late stage of pregnancy and wanted to know was their a safe spray or rub to use to get rid of them on a preg bitch without harming pups cause when I went to my usual place where I get worming tabs and bits I was told not to use anything on the bitch as nothing is 100% safe , then I looked for worming tablets for the bitch I had always thought i could worm the bitch 2 weeks before due date and it would be safe I was told that was a bad idea to.??????????.

True and thanks for the replies but I am up to date with ticks on how they are got and what to use, it was really just that she is in the very late stage of pregnancy and wanted to know was their a safe spray or rub to use to get rid of them on a preg bitch without harming pups cause when I went to my usual place where I get worming tabs and bits I was told not to use anything on the bitch as nothing is 100% safe , then I looked for worming tablets for the bitch I had always thought i could worm the bitch 2 weeks before due date and it would be safe I was told that was a bad idea to.??????????.

Always wormed a bitch 2 wks before pups due with no ill affects and jabbed for parvo,good vet that deals with mostly dogs told me it really helps the pups when born.

• Like 1

I would never give my pregnant bitch 2 weeks before there born any wormer..I would worm the bitch before hand..anything could happen..and parvo shouldn't have to be administered if utd on shots..why put something in the bitch while pregnant besides good nutrition? I personally wouldn't take a chance of something happening and a good dog man makes sure there utd on all there health needs.