Boxing At The Weekend...

On the other hand he proved he could take a punch and finished him fairly well.

From what I've seen of the Joyce/Dubois it's too close to call....should make a decent fight though, fair play to them.

• Like 2

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

Dont overlook the speed of punch Danny Dubois has particularly against a plodder like Joyce....i think that fight could literally be like a man fighting a boy theres 12/13 years difference between them Danny has raw power but lacks core strength Joyce has strength but lacks speed and explosive power its a fascinating fight i just think the timing suits Joyce due to his strength but give it another 2 or 3 years and i think Dubois man strength will start coming through and he,ll be a force in the division.

• Like 3

Dubois to beat joyce by knockout, or points, round 5, or round 9, maybe a split decision ? ................ ?

Lol nah, like you and rusty say gnash, dubois looked a bit novicey, but he's only 21 and still keen to fight fire with fire, instead of stepping back a bit and regroup. And like newkid said, looks like he can take a couple of good punches, then come on to stop his opponent.

And talking about timing, and management etc, I hope with dubois they don't do what frank warren etc did with khan. What the f**k were they doing putting him in with prescott at that stage?  khan 11 fights,  prescott 19 fights, 19 wins,  17 by ko. 

Edited by shaaark

Dubois doesn't need to mix it, when he keeps his range he looks good, he's bound to get tagged and in the heavies one punch is enough...he took some heavy blows well enough, and stopped him well.

Of course he looks a bit green because he is...but this will be a good fight for him in my opinion, he'll learn from it....

He certainly looks like one for the future.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Dubois doesn't need to mix it, when he keeps his range he looks good, he's bound to get tagged and in the heavies one punch is enough...he took some heavy blows well enough, and stopped him well.

Of course he looks a bit green because he is...but this will be a good fight for him in my opinion, he'll learn from it....

He certainly looks like one for the future.

Also, don't know what he weighed in his last couple of fights, but he looked a bit lighter in this one, he looked better for it

• Like 1

Interesting night of boxing tonight....never mind about that Alvarez/Jacobs carry on the kid Ryder fighting on a massive Las Vegas card id of killed to be there watching him its a real gutter for me....spoke to the lad this morning reckons he refused to have his picture taken with Oscar Delahoya and Bernard Hopkins,says he told them to jog on ?.....smashing kid John is i really hope he gets himself a world title shot nobody deserves it more.......as for Canelo i fancy him to get turned over....at some point he,s got to lose a points nod so maybe tonight.

7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Interesting night of boxing tonight....never mind about that Alvarez/Jacobs carry on the kid Ryder fighting on a massive Las Vegas card id of killed to be there watching him its a real gutter for me....spoke to the lad this morning reckons he refused to have his picture taken with Oscar Delahoya and Bernard Hopkins,says he told them to jog on ?.....smashing kid John is i really hope he gets himself a world title shot nobody deserves it more.......as for Canelo i fancy him to get turned over....at some point he,s got to lose a points nod so maybe tonight.

Think Jacobs has to knock him out to win.....Jacobs has come in 4lbs over the rehydration weight and the size advantage should even it up with clenelo's beef.......clenelo can take a belt tho....

20 minutes ago, VOON said:

Think Jacobs has to knock him out to win.....Jacobs has come in 4lbs over the rehydration weight and the size advantage should even it up with clenelo's beef.......clenelo can take a belt tho....

Oh ok i didnt know that....so is missing a check weight just a fine or it wont be a title fight ?.....i think if Jacobs wins he,ll just out work him to a close decision win.

Clenelo has more than a few times got the benefit of the judges decision when it has looked like he's lost,I'd like to see Jacobs win tonight but can't see him getting the nod unless he stops him.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Oh ok i didnt know that....so is missing a check weight just a fine or it wont be a title fight ?.....i think if Jacobs wins he,ll just out work him to a close decision win.

titles still on the line....250k for every pound he was over....it was a private stipulation with Golden Boy....

canelo weighed 169 and Jacobs 173.8.... Limit was 170...

Decent fight between two very good fighters. Canelo’s defensive work allowed him to control the first half of the fight, which made him a clear winner on the cards for me. 

Great stoppage by Ryder. Hope he gets his title shot and a big pay day, but not sure he’ll have enough to beat Smith. 

Blindin win for the boy Ryder must admit i got all emotional watching that ?....like someone said above i dont think he,ll get much change out of any of the champions but to see the lad compete at the very highest level and make some proper money will be great for him and his family.....he,s a much more accomplished fighter than he,s shown through his career i just hope he gets to show his full potential in a meaningful fight.

As for the main event the judges got it right he,s some fighter Canello he has it all.....ive said for a long time its time to go back to 15 round title fights and that was evident again,both fighters finishing the fight with loads left in the tank and in Jacobs case he probably would of gone on to win a 15 round fight.....heart/guts/stamina/endurance all have to be tested in a distance fight and these lads are too well conditioned these days for 12 rounds to really stretch them.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3

Tbh Gnash ive never liked Clenelo or his promoter ODH (liked him as a fighter mind).I've said for a long time now the weigh ins should be on the morning of the fight and all Championship Fights should be 15 rounders. A lot of the top fighters are weight bully's and are able to manipulate the system due to the team and funding behind them. A lot of up and coming fighters getting a Title shot are up against it from the start against the top end fighters with there big promoters and team behind them,as well as having to agree with there stipulations etc just to get the shot . jmo

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

Most fighters can rehydrate just under 1lb of bodyweight per hour so even a morning weigh in gives fighters 9 or 10 lb ive said for ages the weigh in should be in the ring before the fight throughout the fight card it means fighters are coming into a fight at their best healthy weight.....ie,their true best fighting weight.....as it is now if you asked a fighter to run round the block after the weigh in they couldnt do it they are so weak......it would even out all the points you correctly pointed out.

• Like 3