First Cross Kelpie Dog

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pic of him with his half X Mother….He is worked Daily & he does what i want him to! which is why i bred him…      

This pic of a first cross has been up before, I'm sure D.C. will recognise her. Now sadly gone...  

Posted Images

I was going to mate my bitch with a full hound later this year but ive rethought the plan and postponed it for the foreseeable future,i havent the room nor the work for another right now.it'll be a terrible waste if I dont get a litter from her in my view but ive enough in the yard for the minute..Ive had some great days of sport with my 1st x,shes capable of most things ,the one thing she never met was a fox as I dont pursue them at all,I wouldnt be too confident in her slaying one either as shes a small bitch at 21-22 tts...She cost me a small fortune when I went to buy her with the motor breaking down and cost of ferry etc but worth every penny..I hope to have a kelpie type here for many years to come...

• Like 1

You don't won't more than a 1/4 mate,,,mine did as much as any half cross,,,and retrieve the odd hare,,even on the fen,,,could catch half a ton of rabbits on the lamp...great nose for hunting up,,,mine was 1/4,,,X grew

• Like 2

It looks a kelpie cross to me, seen a few and they all look like that. .... We've spoke a few times about your old bitch tomo, I remember a pic of her standing in front of a few hares and pheasants with your s410, and I thought that's the dog for me

It looks a kelpie cross to me, seen a few and they all look like that. .... We've spoke a few times about your old bitch tomo, I remember a pic of her standing in front of a few hares and pheasants with your s410, and I thought that's the dog for me

• Like 1

She was quite versatile,,,but was a b*****d with strange small dogs,,,just wanted to kill them,,,that could of course just been her own personality,,,rather than a breed thing....and of course not mixing enough with other dogs apart from my own,,,they then become a pack..