First Cross Kelpie Dog

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pic of him with his half X Mother….He is worked Daily & he does what i want him to! which is why i bred him…      

This pic of a first cross has been up before, I'm sure D.C. will recognise her. Now sadly gone...  

Posted Images

Cracking pic tomo, do you still have the dog ?

No mate pts at 7 years old,,,,I had enough in the end of the constant fighting with her and neighbours dogs,,,well I say fighting,,,,just her attacking anything..

She was 22 inch ,,,and a good usefull hunting companion...

I owned a first cross a few year back a nice looking bitch, she looked more like a 3/4 bred. She was 15 month when I got her so damage could been done from the lad I got her off but it put me off the breed. She could catch rabbits but when ferreting she would catch them then run to the far end of the field munch on it then come back leaving the rabbit at the far end of the field. On the lamp she would hunt up if she missed and she was very ignorant, I didn't have her for long lol.

Edited by Trev70

I always thought it was a first cross kelpie grey, but others seem to know more on the subject.... would you be interested in a pup mate?

Kind offer mate but no thanks,,I have 3 dogs and thats enough to be going on with,,,

No worries mate, it'd be free if you change your mind, same to you chid21 if you fancy one?

Thanks for the offer but I've 2 mutts and thats enough for me :thumbs:

:hmm: With all the various herding composites,...especially the first crosses,....I have found that it is useful, to try and secure the services of genuine working lines....Some herding types look good, working on a high Fell or remote homestead,..but occasionally, due to such quiet , remote locations, they rarely see much of the world,.and their temperaments can be suspect..This wild and primitive behaviour (so often the thing that attracts a hunting man),.can present problems. :whistling:

It pays to choose slowly,.take some time out, to see if a pastoral cur really is,..what you want. :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 3

:hmm: With all the various herding composites,...especially the first crosses,....I have found that it is useful, to try and secure the services of genuine working lines....Some herding types look good working on a high Fell or remote homestead,..but occasionally, due to their quiet , remote locations, they rarely see much of the world,...and their temperaments can be suspect..This wild and primitive behaviour ,( often the thing that attracts a hunting man),..can present problems. :whistling:

It pays to choose slowly,.take some time out, to see if a pastoral cur really is,..what you want. :thumbs:

One bitten twice shy. Unless you are like me, and get bitten twice!

• Like 1

When you say problems Phil, what do you mean? I'm a one dog man, and expect my dog to be a one man dog, partly because of what I do with my dogs it's for the best! Out of all dogs I've seen the most common ones for being quirky or dodgy are collies, some right nut jobs, but they do there job well

• Like 1