What A Waste Of Hares !!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wankers phote shoped my dog out of the pic lol

Doesnt do the hare gene pool any good . Weak hares that lie up in cover left for breeding . At least with dogs it the strongest left for future stock

just a shame its all come to this, all thanks to war criminal tony blair and the labour party.

Maybe the reason did the shoots is they can't be bothered to spend the time and money to relocate bug relocating does work the poacher who helped Johnny kingdom relocate hares to his land was hares from the very feilds around me

That was my grandad who relocated them hares for Johnny kingdom.

What Bob ? Then you would know my family most likey

Maybe the reason did the shoots is they can't be bothered to spend the time and money to relocate bug relocating does work the poacher who helped Johnny kingdom relocate hares to his land was hares from the very feilds around me

I never seen that one..

How many did he relocate and how are they doing ??

I think it was close to 70 hares. And buy all accounts the hare population has nearly double in the last 5 years. Can't rember what parts of the county they went to.

So 70 protected hares have doubled their numbers in 5 years...........Sounds nearer the truth than some claims on this thread :whistling:

• Like 1

yeah Bob

yeah Bob

Are you from Gloucestershire I'm from Northamptonshire currently but come to Gloucestershire quite item

yeah Bob

Are you from Gloucestershire I'm from Northamptonshire currently but come to Gloucestershire quite item

no I'm in Bristol

Some amazing comments on here.

Who is anyone to decide what is a sport and what is not,? divide and conquer etc !

And hare shoots are NOTHING to do with keeping dog men away, total bullshit. And I run dogs and am involved with a shoot so have no loyalty either way on this.

I find it distasteful and would never take part, but it is what it is. They can shoot hares, and we can`t run them, simple. But to blame the other for your sport being banned is blind ignorance.

• Like 5

Some amazing comments on here.

Who is anyone to decide what is a sport and what is not,? divide and conquer etc !

And hare shoots are NOTHING to do with keeping dog men away, total bullshit. And I run dogs and am involved with a shoot so have no loyalty either way on this.

I find it distasteful and would never take part, but it is what it is. They can shoot hares, and we can`t run them, simple. But to blame the other for your sport being banned is blind ignorance.

No one is blaming anyone for coursing being banned you are the one apportioning blame and showing you ignorance when the ban was implemented certain parties kept reasonably quiet as they new their corner of country activities were being left alone it doesnt take a genious to fathom out who kept quiet does it and the farms I have my permissions are very vocal about hare shoots being promoted to keep runners of the land the divide and conquer mentality was pre 2005 and lads who were involved then know who the divide and conquerers were those who escaped the hunting Ban in its entirety.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 2

Read the thread and say again that I`m the one apportioning blame.

And going by some of the dog shit you spout on here I feel less than ignorant in your company. I`m not interested in getting into a discussion with you as you have fuckall to say that interests me.

If hare drives are nothing to do with keeping dog men away why was there a shoot the day after the last Waterloo Cup and more local to me , one on the Enville estate after the Enville Cup ................neither of these venues did this before the ban ......very coincidental don't you think ?

• Like 2

:hmm:Right or wrong,...to shoot hares in such numbers,...is neither here nor there....it is entirely a personal decision,..no more, no less....

Personaly,..if I was skint (which I have been many times)....and I could make money killing them...then I would....Same with deer and other game....

However,...I would not enjoy being at the death of a hundred Hares,..with or without a jukel,..just for the sport of it.... :icon_eek: I would soon get bored....

Been spotting for rabbits on many a night,...finding the squatters with a dazzler for riflemen,....seen them rolled over in their hundreds,..but I've never wanted to flatten 'em myself.....unless,...it was for the gold doubloons....

Good sport and the best of the craic for me,..is best enjoyed, by employing the rule,...'quality over quantity'.... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 4

most of the shooting lads i know, (a lot) and most of the landowners and keepers i know, say that they DO shoot hares to keep dog lads off, it begs belief some of the thick b*****d idiots who i know who hold shotgun certificates,

• Like 2

most of the shooting lads i know, (a lot) and most of the landowners and keepers i know, say that they DO shoot hares to keep dog lads off, it begs belief some of the thick b*****d idiots who i know who hold shotgun certificates,

So someone that's getting fences cut, gates left open or crops run over is a 'thick b*****d'?

I'd say they were looking after what's there's.

It's just a shame that all dog lads can't be like the old timers and respect the land. Too many fannies f***ing it up for all.

• Like 6

So someone that's getting fences cut, gates left open or crops run over is a 'thick b*****d'?

I'd say they were looking after what's there's.

It's just a shame that all dog lads can't be like the old timers and respect the land. Too many fannies f***ing it up for all.most

Most of the shooting lads i know don't have fences, gates, or crops, they live in council houses, and the pub. they are far from respectful country lads :bye::bye: