At What Cost ?

Like iv said before some people it's there life and they want to be the best ! Dogs come down the pecking order for me I'm afraid but I still put hours and miles into them as people on here now ! Iv just spent the last 3 hours muttering about wanting to go out with the dogs but renovating a house with my brother is priority at the moment !

Yesterday I got up at 6 walked the dogs go home had breakfast work by 8 till 4.15 then down the house to do more work on the house till Half 6ish then rugby training till 8 ! And same again today but a walk in the dark with the dogs instead , my parents always taught me work comes first and it does simple as for me but doesn't mean I'm not as commited to dogs as anyone else

Rant over long few weeks !!

well put agree100%

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasted a lifetime, on hunting with dogs and ferrets,..freelancing and walking where the fancy took me,...and accordingly,..the Magistrates Court made sure that I paid the price...   I have no prope

I have sacrificed everything for the dogs. Never had a holiday even. Single again!   Costs me tens of thousands when the missus pissed off, but that's how it is. It's only money.   Women come and

If you hunt illegally on a regular basis,..(which I used to do),...you increase the odds of capture and subsequent prosecution....It's simply down to the law of averages,..part and parcel of the game.

Posted Images

:hmm: Wasted a lifetime, on hunting with dogs and ferrets,..freelancing and walking where the fancy took me,...and accordingly,..the Magistrates Court made sure that I paid the price... :whistling:

Have you appeared many times in court Phil.obviously accused of things you didn't do.and did they take much off you.

Cheers king.

If you hunt illegally on a regular basis,..(which I used to do),...you increase the odds of capture and subsequent prosecution....It's simply down to the law of averages,..part and parcel of the game....

Them days are long gone..

I no longer need to freelance,..but in truth,..I was always 'guilty as charged'.. :thumbs:

File0078.jpg

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 12

:hmm: Wasted a lifetime, on hunting with dogs and ferrets,..freelancing and walking where the fancy took me,...and accordingly,..the Magistrates Court made sure that I paid the price... :whistling:

Have you appeared many times in court Phil.obviously accused of things you didn't do.and did they take much off you.

Cheers king.

If you hunt illegally on a regular basis,..(which I used to do),...you increase the odds of capture and subsequent prosecution....It's simply down to the law of averages,..part and parcel of the game....

Them days are long gone..

I no longer need to freelance,..but in truth,..I was always 'guilty as charged'.. :thumbs:

connieFile0624.tif.jpg

Great photo Phil. What was the dog??? Looks like a greyhound shagged the kitchen mop! (I do like those old Norfolk types though).

Edited by Maximus Ferret

Got old dogs with me now that have outlived a marriage, various jobs, travelled all over the country wth me, lived in god knows how many places and they have took it all in their stride, lot to be learned from dogs attitude. I would like to think I have worked harder than most, did my time in the forces as a PTI was a fitness freak for the a good decade and still can't really sit still for long, but these days I get out with the dogs and have a long stroll. Which is just as well as my back in broken, my right ankle doesn't move from the ammount of injuries and despite being fit, the reality is everything aches and I aren't even 40, the old dog also refuses to get up when the running lead comes out nowadays lol I am teaching nowadays, time out in the field with the dogs is the calm before and after the storm nowadays, keeps me sane atb

Edited by matt1979
  • Like 4

I've always been around dogs/hunting and fishing I've hunting with horse its kept me out of more trouble than it's gotin me in truth they've cost me Notting but I owe them a lot don't think I could be with out at lest one dog.

• Like 1

My mates dad done loads off rabbiting more than most in 90s had a few kids didn't stop rabbiting.said it got to point were he'd done that much he couldn't keep going on how he was.dogs had to come down ladder. set up a company and put all his effort in to that its been more than well worth it.got the big fancy place with the big kenals and runs land and all that.he said he sees his mates who have just dogged all there life now they have nothing no house no wife don't see there kids just have a dog.that's how he looked at life any way he's 50 now been and got all his old permission back bad he's back at it.