Working Land Without Permission

He will be to busy for the next week relying to all his pms asking for perm

Naa, just the ones I've already had from other people in the sport who are gobsmacked at some of the replies!
. Good on you if your letting people on your land mate.Hopefully you let some genuine lad or lads on your land because most of us aren't arsehole lurcher thugs out to destroy land and spook or kill livestock atvb happy hunting

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ffs give it a rest mate ,your like an old woman yapping on ,the only person going to get screwed if you rang old bill is you with your gun at night . think about it for a minute .as for poaching ive d

I'm a poacher my dogs are poaching dogs, thats how its always been and thats how it will always be, never had permission in my life, but i do have respect for the quarry the land and livestock. but u

No one can blame a farmer for being pissed off when the numptys are f***ing his land up. Who wouldn't be pissed off. Very easy to see how a few dog men makes the hole dog world look bad..again. Your l

so in your opinion ideation everyone who poaches if seen SHOULD have the police called upon them???? is that what we should advise ??? your sitting all prity in hampshire thats great but all the times you've poached before there who to say someone hasnt seen you a thought ah stuff it. we leave him like. if everyone rang the police maybe even someone like your self. you comes from half decent background well spoken and all that would of had many more convictions. risking your job and so on .im not giving poachers a free ride i been kicked beaten and so on from keepers rough with the smooth and all that and i'l take that over any police call. we hunt and if poach yes should take consiquences but i will NEVER give approval to grass someone up. weather dog man gun man or what ever.

edit to add i think apart from the threat op was all ok

Haha nice one for trying to twist my words mate? Where have I said anything like "all poachers if seen should have the police called on them" ??? I said nothing of the sort.

What I said was, if you are caught trespassing / poaching, you've just got to accept that whoever catches you has the right to tell you to feck off, thats just how life works, you can't get arsey with them, or moan or whine, you've just got to take it on the chin and work on not getting caught next time!

Ive been caught poaching and I've caught poachers, when caught myself I've just said sorry mate and gone away as asked, occasionally even getting perm, and when I've caught others on my perm when out lamping I've told them to go lamp elsewhere, sometimes given them some advice, and cracked on with my night.

Recently I've had the pleasure of smashed fences, ripped up fields, dead quarry left in the field, worried stock etc etc etc. So can understand how some people have a low tolerance.

I dont condone ringing the police unless its the above situation, but then sometimes the police would be the least of their worrys!

Agree when fences are getting smashed a quarry left dead in the field then it becomes a lot different.

That unfortunately seems pretty standard in some places! Keepers where I work, found 2 deer and six hares laid our for a photo and then left. . . . .

No excuse killing for killings sake, what a shameful waste, having said that, we dont all work our dogs in counties where crushed cars, confiscated dogs, and ASBO' s are the norm, hope the keepers dogs were well fed for a while atleast
  • Like 1

Do you own the land or just have perm?

It is family owned. Outright. Has been for nearly 70 years.

No mortgages, loans or anything else.

At the last count, we probably have 7 or 8 people with active shooting rights, I've helped another few get started in shooting personally (and introduced them to get them onto the 300+ acres behind us) and there are 4 or 5 groups of lads who ferret on here for time to time.

Edited by Jax13

You say the dog lads all ways get the blame but your all quick to try and pass the blame to us shooters

and make your self's look squeaky clean

and iv say,d it before there are bad apples on all sides of hunting

just look at Andy Kelly lol

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

At the last count, we probably have 7 or 8 people with active shooting rights, I've helped another few get started in shooting personally (and introduced them to get them onto the 300+ acres behind us) and there are 4 or 5 groups of lads who ferret on here for time to time.

Jax your full a shite and on wind up, all them folks shooting and ferreting the same land it must be as barren as the land surrounding the thunderdome ffs or yous are all wallys and couldn't catch your cokc in your zip

I have and it fecking hurts it hurts a lot :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Its funny how some people talk about poaching like its a badge of honour. Like you're only a 'proper' lurcher man, worthy of being on the 'THL's craziest lurcherman' thread, if you poach.

Ive done a fair bit of poaching, bit generally always tended to avoid private land, as its too much hassle, and I respect the right of the farmer to not want anyone on, etc. Most of my poaching has been done on public / FC etc etc land.

But f**k me is it nice having permission! Being able to walk, lamp, hunt, catch game, and not have to look over your shoulder. Ive taken a good many lads from this site on various bits of ground, where they can hunt and run their dogs in peace. . . . . . and not one said "this is boring, I wish we were poaching, its more fun". The general consensus is "its nice to get out on decent ground without looking over your shoulder".

The other thing which I was just musing on, and which I think a lot over look. . . . . is that having permission on some ground, allows you to manage it, to look after the game on there, take what can be taken but ensure the ground thrives and goes on being good ground for many years. Unfortunatly sometimes when you've no permission, you get a bit if a smash and grab attitude. . . . we've all been there. Got to catch them / it before someone else does, so f**k the future, lets take as much as we can now!

And then there's wankers with shite dogs making everything lamp shy!

On the upside, I've a fair bit of ground off the back of other people poaching, and then nicking the diesel, letting stock out etc etc.

Out of interest, do those with no perm at all, ever ask? Not having ground won't stop me hunting, but I always try to get it legit, and its usually not too hard?

• Like 5

ffs give it a rest mate ,your like an old woman yapping on ,the only person going to get screwed if you rang old bill is you with your gun at night . think about it for a minute .as for poaching ive done it all my life and will continue to do so for the rest of my life .and if for example you ever came to me at night with a gun in tow and you had rang old bill id wait until they came ,then id swear my life away you had threatened to kill me you had pointed your gun at my head and told me youd blow my brains out if i moved .the least youd get away with is a caution ,that itself will get your license revoked ,you boys with your farms etc going on about a few lads running a couple of rabbits give it a rest pal and be grateful youve got endless permo.

quality

Jax your full a shite and on wind up, all them folks shooting and ferreting the same land it must be as barren as the land surrounding the thunderdome ffs or yous are all wallys and couldn't catch your cokc in your zip

Your right. It's pretty damn empty now. Aside from the odd bunny we need to mop up still and any fox that are daft enough to come to a bait point or caller.

One pair of lads come down 4 or 5 times a year with the shotguns for Pigeon, another chap likes getting a suntan in the summer with the air rifles and will just sit behind a net with his young lad and his shooting buddy and ambush bunnies or go squirreling, around the hedges where the bigger trees are and if nowt shows then they throw some spinners out and have a plink. We've got the lad who leases our non planted land who shoots for crop protection if he decides to use the ground for anything other than silage (plus the guys who shoot his farm) then theres Myself & 2 mates who are out mopping up the leftover bunnies on the nv regularly (iirc we have only had 4 on our own land so far this year but more off the farm behind although numbers are hugely down on last year) then there are a couple of other mates who I shoot with casually a couple of times a year.

we've then got a couple of guys from wigan who come down with the ferrets and patterdales once or twice a year, a chap off here and his mate who ferret and another couple of local lads who come on every now and then although I've not seen them for a year or two now. In addition to my ferrets (although I don't need to work them at home anymore as bunny numbers simply don't warrant it) Then there are also the lads who come down once or twice a year with the Harris Hawks.

It's not like there is someone out there everyday, i tend to just give it a quick scan once or twice a week while doing a lap of each field then go to another perm where I will get some numbers or if someone has a specific problem with crow / fox. Ill then have another quick scan when i come back.

When you are relying on the land being clear of pests that cause damage you tend to let enough people on to make life easier for yourself as shooting at home is more necessity than hobby for me.

As I said initially, we would have no problem with the lads running the dogs on the bits of land where no damage can be done if they had the decency to ask and respected the boundaries we ask them to respect. Unfortunately they've got no chance now and would probably have not even bothered if they had come in for a chat first.

As for not catching my cock in a zip... I find it easier to just ease my trouser leg up a bit and untuck it from my sock rather than try and find the end of it.

WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER HERO, WE DON'T NEED TO KNOW THE WAY HOME
  • Like 1