Working Land Without Permission

ffs give it a rest mate ,your like an old woman yapping on ,the only person going to get screwed if you rang old bill is you with your gun at night . think about it for a minute .as for poaching ive done it all my life and will continue to do so for the rest of my life .and if for example you ever came to me at night with a gun in tow and you had rang old bill id wait until they came ,then id swear my life away you had threatened to kill me you had pointed your gun at my head and told me youd blow my brains out if i moved .the least youd get away with is a caution ,that itself will get your license revoked ,you boys with your farms etc going on about a few lads running a couple of rabbits give it a rest pal and be grateful youve got endless permo.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce the reason lurchermen have a shocking reputation in the farming community.

It's not a couple of bunnies, it's potentially damage to stock / crops that you need to make a living. The fact our family has worked it's arse off for 4 generations to buy the land we work on and keep it in decent order doesn't give anyone with a dog the right to trespass.

. But you haven't said anything about gun poachers so does that mean there ok to hunt your land you ???? Poaching poaching weather it with a dog or not that post you just made makes it sound like you hate lads with dogs

To me it sounds like you want to make him out to hate dog lads.

I have a feeling that he mentioned dog lads. . . .

. . . . . because on the night in question it was lads with dogs poaching.

Not exactly rocket science! I have a feeling that Jax owns a lurcher as well as the guns?

• Like 1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ffs give it a rest mate ,your like an old woman yapping on ,the only person going to get screwed if you rang old bill is you with your gun at night . think about it for a minute .as for poaching ive d

I'm a poacher my dogs are poaching dogs, thats how its always been and thats how it will always be, never had permission in my life, but i do have respect for the quarry the land and livestock. but u

No one can blame a farmer for being pissed off when the numptys are f***ing his land up. Who wouldn't be pissed off. Very easy to see how a few dog men makes the hole dog world look bad..again. Your l

No one can blame a farmer for being pissed off when the numptys are f***ing his land up. Who wouldn't be pissed off. Very easy to see how a few dog men makes the hole dog world look bad..again. Your land or not . respect it..no need to worry stock turn up fields brake fences. Even worse Rob them. This is what farmers see a lot.. Had a good telling of once or twice my self for mooching land.. I think get a grip am doing no harm but its land so..a sorry mate am off is what I do .

• Like 7

so in your opinion ideation everyone who poaches if seen SHOULD have the police called upon them???? is that what we should advise ??? your sitting all prity in hampshire thats great but all the times you've poached before there who to say someone hasnt seen you a thought ah stuff it. we leave him like. if everyone rang the police maybe even someone like your self. you comes from half decent background well spoken and all that would of had many more convictions. risking your job and so on .im not giving poachers a free ride i been kicked beaten and so on from keepers rough with the smooth and all that and i'l take that over any police call. we hunt and if poach yes should take consiquences but i will NEVER give approval to grass someone up. weather dog man gun man or what ever.

edit to add i think apart from the threat op was all ok

Haha nice one for trying to twist my words mate? Where have I said anything like "all poachers if seen should have the police called on them" ??? I said nothing of the sort.

What I said was, if you are caught trespassing / poaching, you've just got to accept that whoever catches you has the right to tell you to feck off, thats just how life works, you can't get arsey with them, or moan or whine, you've just got to take it on the chin and work on not getting caught next time!

Ive been caught poaching and I've caught poachers, when caught myself I've just said sorry mate and gone away as asked, occasionally even getting perm, and when I've caught others on my perm when out lamping I've told them to go lamp elsewhere, sometimes given them some advice, and cracked on with my night.

Recently I've had the pleasure of smashed fences, ripped up fields, dead quarry left in the field, worried stock etc etc etc. So can understand how some people have a low tolerance.

I dont condone ringing the police unless its the above situation, but then sometimes the police would be the least of their worrys!

just it sounded like you agreed with all his post by asking why were people getting on his back so i thought you agreed with the police part. so highlight the threat to you lol

i agree with if caught taking the backlash but to many like the op dont give any one a break straight to the police and potentially crush that mans life. fair enough he gave a warning but still all for causing no harm walking land taking an odd rabbit. i also agree with the shit stains that rip up land and caude damage there should be no protection for these guys but from what the op was saying these wernt that sort.

when will MORE farmers realise genuine lads are more of a positive. someone looking out for them at night while there tucked up in bed and things like that. i poach here and there when traveling. i also have perm. i also earn a living working on farms. i see all the angles. dog lads always get the rough edge of everything

• Like 2

ffs give it a rest mate ,your like an old woman yapping on ,the only person going to get screwed if you rang old bill is you with your gun at night . think about it for a minute .as for poaching ive done it all my life and will continue to do so for the rest of my life .and if for example you ever came to me at night with a gun in tow and you had rang old bill id wait until they came ,then id swear my life away you had threatened to kill me you had pointed your gun at my head and told me youd blow my brains out if i moved .the least youd get away with is a caution ,that itself will get your license revoked ,you boys with your farms etc going on about a few lads running a couple of rabbits give it a rest pal and be grateful youve got endless permo.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce the reason lurchermen have a shocking reputation in the farming community.

It's not a couple of bunnies, it's potentially damage to stock / crops that you need to make a living. The fact our family has worked it's arse off for 4 generations to buy the land we work on and keep it in decent order doesn't give anyone with a dog the right to trespass.

. But you haven't said anything about gun poachers so does that mean there ok to hunt your land you ???? Poaching poaching weather it with a dog or not that post you just made makes it sound like you hate lads with dogs

To me it sounds like you want to make him out to hate dog lads.

I have a feeling that he mentioned dog lads. . . .

. . . . . because on the night in question it was lads with dogs poaching.

Not exactly rocket science! I have a feeling that Jax owns a lurcher as well as the guns?

haha I was thinking the exact same.

Not surprising so many people can't get permission.

• Like 1

No one can blame a farmer for being pissed off when the numptys are f***ing his land up. Who wouldn't be pissed off. Very easy to see how a few dog men makes the hole dog world look bad..again. Your land or not . respect it..no need to worry stock turn up fields brake fences. Even worse Rob them. This is what farmers see a lot.. Had a good telling of once or twice my self for mooching land.. I think get a grip am doing no harm but its land so..a sorry mate am off is what I do .

spot on :thumbs:

• Like 1

Am not trying to make him sound like he hate dogs just that there's not only lads that have dogs that poach. Thing I was asking him was would he have bothered someone one his land if they where shooting on it? I he might have a lurched or even 2 who nows

If you poach ,and your caught just be polite,after all your in the wrong. I've caught s few lads and had a decent crack with em told them some spots that are not hot etc,but had some chucking themselves about,threatening me.go into thier backyard and they want to kill you.ivewalked out for yrs without any probs.got a few tricks I use.

If you poach ,and your caught just be polite,after all your in the wrong. I've caught s few lads and had a decent crack with em told them some spots that are not hot etc

most ive spoken to when out were spot on ! treat like you want to be treated ! never been a greedy sod me, enough for everyone if were all sensible ,been fortunate in getting perms myself "but worked at getting them" but prepared to help others if they are decent we all need a break ,enough pressures on field sports from outside without getting any from the inside ,we need to stick together !

• Like 7

a few years ago I went with a mate to some land he had the rabbiting on we lamped several fields and worked our way back to the motor, and were met by the keeper from the next land and a gang of his bread'n cheese men, and to be fare he was ok but one of his mates kept saying ive got the reg ive got the reg and waveing a bat around so I said to the keeper if you don't shut him up i'le stick that bat up his arse. now this could of got messy very quick, but the keeper was scared and needed to come mob handed. I used to be a singlehanded keeper on a commercial partridge shoot right in the fens and used to catch 3/4 gangs of coursing lads a week, I never felt the need to call the police or take anyone with me just be ok ask them to leave, never had one bit of bother at all. no stress atb two crows.

• Like 3

If you poach ,and your caught just be polite,after all your in the wrong. I've caught s few lads and had a decent crack with em told them some spots that are not hot etc

most ive spoken to when out were spot on ! treat like you want to be treated ! never been a greedy sod me, enough for everyone if were all sensible ,been fortunate in getting perms myself "but worked at getting them" but prepared to help others if they are decent we all need a break ,enough pressures on field sports from outside without getting any from the inside ,we need to stick together !

True very true.I teach my kids if it not yours you can't take.( who ever owns it,or how they got to own it) that's were lads caught that start the threats have been brought up wrong.

Saying that I poach,but am respectfully when collared.

• Like 2