Talk Talk.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I swear, if I ever wind up with a life threatening disease, and only have a month to live, I'm coming round to your customer service centre strapped with explosives, and then we'll see whose listeni

Can I come and film it while laughing like f**k. A few months with them was enough and I had to change to Sky. Little Sandeep was lucky he was on the phone!!!!

It's crap mate, was moving over to fibre optic with them, but it seems like they can't handle it, tried to post other stuff, but it just drops me off before it loads. And at £42, it's just not happen

We went to sky, with a good package from a cold caller. Same line different router with Talk Talk we were getting 2.5 to 3 MBPS The maximum for our distance from the exchange was 6.5 using the Ookla speed test we were getting, dependant on the time of day, between 6 and 8 MBPS with sky, hell of a difference.

Our contract was up with sky and the prices we had previously had escalated, so I phoned cancellations and picked the cheapest deal for our area off a comparison site and asked them to match it, just broadband and phone and they dropped our broadband from a tenner a month to £2.50 + line rental and evening and weekend calls inclusive.

I have only had one issue with the internet with sky that I could not fix myself, and that was resolved very quickly by a Scottish lass.

TC

Dial Up is faster than Talk Talk here, it used to be good when I first started with them.

They use sh!t routers, change the router to a decent one and it goes a lot faster. But, if they detect it's not one of their routers they will not do anything to help. Try asking them for a new router.

TC

This is how it went for me too, router died, got replacement about a month ago, and the haven't brought it up to speed, it lags like a skinny dog on a walk to the vets for it's jabbs.

• Like 1

I'm with tlk tlk nd havnt had a problem . my grandad on the hand has had a nightmare with them with his mobile.

He's near 80 now and since my gran died he lives on his own next to my parents and has become a bit of a recluse socially . used to do everything with with my gran so is lost these days . anyway for some reason he wanted to get a mobile phone incase of e!eegemcies and seen a dvert for talk talk . free phone and a small contract . my mum helped him get it and used her email to register as he doesn't do computers. It was a 12(I think) month contract and the ebills went to my mum. After the 12 months he gave the phone to my cousin and threw the sim as he realised he never used the phone . he cancelled the direct debit and thought he was done with it . what he didn't realise was that they simply keep my ur contract going after the 12 months and bils had been going to my mum who had bothered opening them as she assumed my grandad had been paying it and wasn't going to pry into his business . 6 months later and he gets a letter thru the door from a dept collection agency demanding 60 odd quid. He's old , frail and confused sometimes and it hit him hard as he's never missed a payment for anything in his life and started to freak out about big burly me coming round when my parents were out and take his TV etc . I got wind of it so I went round to phone them up for him as he's no good on the phone (still holds the phone out to talk and puts it to his ear to hear like a wakie talkie). In total it took me 2 seperate 30 mins calls to get him cancelled and fully paid up .first one some bint on the other line said they needed to speak to him to confirm who he was and to make sure I could sort his account on his behalf . I told her to speak clearly and slowly so he could hear and understand , she then spoke as quick as she could , he got confused and flustered . she asked how he got his bills . he said email(which had been going to my mum) she said he wasn't saying the truth so she had to end the call because he hadn't answered one of his security questions properly . turns out she wanted to know how he got his landline bills and not his mobile bills but didn't say that. Phoned up again and went thru it all again and told my grandad to just say "by post" to get past the questions . paid up I the end and cancelled it . if I hadn't phoned for him their is no way in hell he would have understood what they were saying as their accents and speed were so quick and would probably have stuck his head in the sand worried.

I know it's a odd situation but it really got me angry seing him so confused with it all. He's not losing his mind but just couldn't understand why a 12 month contract had gone on for another 6 months without him agreeing to it .

I'm with talk talk. can't complain about anything as yet.. and I do like to complain :)

My next door neighbours Talk Talk interweb is great for me :D

Slip the young lass a tenner for petrol every few weeks, job done.

Best Asian call centre name we had from BT was Patrick lol

Cheers, D.

Glad it's not just me

Been on the phone to Bt on and off for 3hrs today

Bt called me a few months back to tell me on of my work phones was generating £140 worth of data

I told them to shut it down as it wasn't us ok will do was the answer

Then they sent me a bill for £650 odd pounds

I rang them up, after speaking to every man and his dog I was told not to worry they will sort it

NO the following month they took the money from the bank

So again I rang 7 times each time I got I will look in to it and call you back ,no call back came

Poor woman rang me today asking me to renew my land lines contract I saw my arse with her see got her manager

And we went through it all again

The outcome was Bt don't know where the data went we can't prove it wasn't us ( the sim that generated the bill isn't even in a phone) even though it's a spare sim and has not ever used any mobile data they are keeping the money

Round 12 tomorrow

When your business has an established set of numbers with one company they have you firmly by the balls

• Like 2

there crap, but I get loads for 50 quid a month & a mobile ... so I put up with there shoddy customer service because its a load cheaper than sky or bt

Any shopping centre these day have a sky booth, if you want just broad band and phone you can get them for about £30 if not less a month.

Deals for new customers.

http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/offers/providers/sky-broadband?rmsrc=1&_$ja=tsid:38821|cid:157714578|agid:9801429858|tid:kwd-44160177795|crid:97563172458|nw:g|rnd:13089564970504093877|dvc:c|adp:1t2&gclid=CM-ovqedgssCFRYTGwodkNQNkg

Edited to add: make a note of the date then ring up cancellations and ask them for a deal just before the 12 months is up. You will get a better deal.

TC

Edited by tiercel

We went to sky, with a good package from a cold caller. Same line different router with Talk Talk we were getting 2.5 to 3 MBPS The maximum for our distance from the exchange was 6.5 using the Ookla speed test we were getting, dependant on the time of day, between 6 and 8 MBPS with sky, hell of a difference.

Our contract was up with sky and the prices we had previously had escalated, so I phoned cancellations and picked the cheapest deal for our area off a comparison site and asked them to match it, just broadband and phone and they dropped our broadband from a tenner a month to £2.50 + line rental and evening and weekend calls inclusive.

I have only had one issue with the internet with sky that I could not fix myself, and that was resolved very quickly by a Scottish lass.

TC

Dial Up is faster than Talk Talk here, it used to be good when I first started with them.

They use sh!t routers, change the router to a decent one and it goes a lot faster. But, if they detect it's not one of their routers they will not do anything to help. Try asking them for a new router.

TC

This is how it went for me too, router died, got replacement about a month ago, and the haven't brought it up to speed, it lags like a skinny dog on a walk to the vets for it's jabbs.

Open any home page and type 192.168.0.0 into the address bar press enter and that will take you to your router. Enter your ID and password, it is usually your home phone number and admin is the password and have a play around with the settings.

TC

• Like 1

Is your Gujarati not up to much then?

It's crap mate, was moving over to fibre optic with them, but it seems like they can't handle it, tried to post other stuff, but it just drops me off before it loads. And at £42, it's just not happening. And no, don't speak effluentstani. :laugh:

sounds like your in the 10 day stabilisation

there crap, but I get loads for 50 quid a month & a mobile ... so I put up with there shoddy customer service because its a load cheaper than sky or bt

Any shopping centre these day have a sky booth, if you want just broad band and phone you can get them for about £30 if not less a month.

Deals for new customers.

http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/offers/providers/sky-broadband?rmsrc=1&_$ja=tsid:38821|cid:157714578|agid:9801429858|tid:kwd-44160177795|crid:97563172458|nw:g|rnd:13089564970504093877|dvc:c|adp:1t2&gclid=CM-ovqedgssCFRYTGwodkNQNkg

Edited to add: make a note of the date then ring up cancellations and ask them for a deal just before the 12 months is up. You will get a better deal.

TC

but for TV by fook don't get TV from sky get to eBay skybox f5 still sky no monthly payments

Deals for new customers.

TC

but for TV by fook don't get TV from sky get to eBay skybox f5 still sky no monthly payments

i get landline... unlimited calls to landlines ... a tv box that records & playback .. I get 60 sky chanels .. stuff like CI .. history.. nat geo .. and a free sim card for my mobile .. thats 100 mins ... 250 texts ... 200 mg of data ... providing I dont go over the free limit .. it costs me nowt .... I can double the free mobile stuff for £ 2.50a month so I do occasionally add that if I spot the data is nearly used up

I dont think what I get is to bad for the money