Lithium Battery

I've tried the 150 next to a 170 the beam goes as far and at its limits you can see more than a 170.

Of course they don't have the throw of a 210 or 240 they are only a fraction of the size,but if they ever come out with a bigger led one ,I'll buy one in a flash

Edited to add I have 2 150s now so they do for a dawn til dusk night out even with having it on more than you need but I've personally seen the get 5hrs or more and not run out

• Like 2

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got a cordless 150 here from D LLoyd, used it for the 2nd time tonight, for the money it's a great little lamp. Some of the land I run it gets a bit lost, the fields are big, the beam is very tight

i agree with roybo the 150 is better at its limits than the 170.   i have witnessed the 150 cordless lamp handle a bag of 50 rabbits in a night and still be going strong. ive got a 150 with the cord

I've tried the 150 next to a 170 the beam goes as far and at its limits you can see more than a 170. Of course they don't have the throw of a 210 or 240 they are only a fraction of the size,but if t

i agree with roybo the 150 is better at its limits than the 170.

i have witnessed the 150 cordless lamp handle a bag of 50 rabbits in a night and still be going strong. ive got a 150 with the cord which i now run off a 10 amp lithium.

• Like 3

Iv not tried led vs a striker. So wouldn't know. If you want a lamp that has distance of the blitz, clarity of the LED , at far distance or at its limits, get the 170 HID. 50w bulb so half the draw of the blitz and sure on stats a couple hundred yard extra distance.

You can do 50 rabbits with any lamp, it's having the dog and the place to do it. End of the day it's whatever people find suits them. I made do with 140, for ages. But even on the rabbits in large fields I was struggling to see what was happening. This new 170 Iv got have made lamping miles more enjoyable for me and have better catc rate too dog runs much better.

I ran a dog on a couple of foxes with the clulight on the WK end. Not bad but hard to keep on a turning fox out a bit as beam is so tight. Only first time out with it so might get used to it yet. Would be great for Bunny's.

The only thing that stopped me buying the HID was it had no variable switch and wouldn't suit my way of lamping with out it

fair enough mate. I had a variable for years, barely used it. Had a fox in to 20 yards the other night with the hid without spooking. I suppose it would come in handy if you could have a half power switc as its not always needed.

The 150 LED doesn't go as far as a 170 striker and the beam is far too tight its like looking down a smarty tube and the beam is too white and bleached out what ever your trying to spot ,, I'll stick to my 170 striker and lithium battery ?

even though the light is white, I find it a dim white and difficult to spot also. If you ever have a chance take a look at the hid. It's a white light but far easier to spot.

If you do still decide to go for a full lithium kit still try askin d l who sells the other lamps first I don't know what he does now but he used to get most things at one time and would always try and get the best prices worth a try..

• Like 1

be perfect if they did one around the 170 size. i like the led but some these fields around here it barely reaches half way, on things that arnt caught in a couple of turns i worry its gonna run out the beam i find me self running after dog and quarry haha

Some would say that's not to a bad prodeciment to be in Paul lol ; )

I've tried the 170 and the 150 next to each other ....the 150 shines easily as far if not further. And at the furthest distance you see more .in fact one night something was running out the beam in a 170 ,and my mate asked me to put the 150 on and it lit it right up.

But agree ,if they done a bigger one maybe 200 mm they would ,in my opinion, be perfect.

I have both so just saying what I've found.

Also if you have a set up already there's probably no need to change ,but if I had a choice of buying one of these or a 170 plus a battery i'd pick a 150 on value for money if nothing else

• Like 1