Rats R Us.

There is a TV program on tonight about the massive increase of complaints to northwest councils about rat sightings and there reduced budgets to control the problem- we where out last night trying to assist at a rubish dump, never ever seen the amount of rats before that I witnessed in one spot, it was alive with them !!

Do you know what channel this is on ?.cheers

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been that much water about a few of the earths were still flooded. At least we had a bit of sport around the slurry lagoon.

Very good day in good company.   115 rats in the bag an a bunch of stinking dogs.

Just a quick mooch on a game crop this afternoon

Posted Images

At this time of year as the season closes its the best sport to have, our activities never really end as soon as our shooting/ beating stops its rat time !

Cover crops and feed areas have been left quiet with a plentiful supply of food all winter and now is the time to strike !

For people who have not experienced this before they are soon hooked, it's a little scary, but fantastic fun !

I've got a young terrier ready to start, maybe a little young but it's a fantastic way of waking your dogs spirit,can't wait to get out again, got some fond memories of previous sport, love it and it's free, natural with good results !

Like i say this keeper had never seen terriers ratting before and he is a big tuff old boy :yes: but when he stuck in the spade to a mark and turned the sod over he turned over the rat as well which squeeked as it got had by the terriers and in his haste to get out they way of the rat over backwards he went with a little yelp of terror,mind you his misses had also fell over when a rat ran by her ealier in the day :laugh: ,his face was also a proper picture when i tailed a few out and showed him how to catch a big live rat :D .

Thee's a facebook page called "The Norfolk and Suffolk Rat pack" with a few vids and pics of the day on it but i'm not so clever with a comp to copy them over onto here :icon_redface: .

• Like 4

Watch your dogs don't get poisoned tree hands and navman, the insecticide they spray on the tip face to stop the flies is deadly to everything,even you, find out what they are using if any, otherwise its happy hunting, Plucky

That's been stopped mate as was proven carsenogenic (spelling)

• Like 1

There is a TV program on tonight about the massive increase of complaints to northwest councils about rat sightings and there reduced budgets to control the problem- we where out last night trying to assist at a rubish dump, never ever seen the amount of rats before that I witnessed in one spot, it was alive with them !!

what channel and what time is it on please.

Ratting the sport to see so called big man scream,lol

Well went to the local amenities yard with my

B&T pup she's 13 months old went just before dark took a right good slow walk all over the place not a rat to be seen baiting stations all over the place there's always some fecker likes to spoil the fun/freelance pest control spotted a gray squirrel so I may go back and set a trap you know the old saying save a tree kill a squirrel pmsl.

• Like 1

My pat bitch killed an then swallowed a rat, lol can she be poisoned lads, she bouncing out her skin at min

My old russel ate loads of rat blocks took it to vets got an injection to be sick then vitamin k tablets, the vet said you could give the dog a spoon of mustard straight away after swallowing something it shouldn't and it would be sick straight away same as the injection

A while back on here I advised someone to always have a supply of Vit K handy if there's a risk of their dog picking up rat poison or poisoned rats.

A couple of Pesty's said that most poisons nowadays are not warfarin based so Vit K is a waste of time.

I've read somewhere since that most rat poisons are indeed warfarin based.

Does anyone know the truth ?

Anyways, Francie my advice is have the Vit K handy if you're ever worried in the future and I'm told the type for human consumption is the strongest.

Dogs eating rats :bad::bad::bad::bad::bad: sounds to me like some off you need to teach your dogs some table manners :laugh: .

Even my lurcher who catches her fair share wont eat them, in fact, she buries them including one this morning.

• Like 1