Which .17 Hmr?

Her in door has agreed to buy me a .17 hmr for my 50th :victory: I`ve narrowed it down to 3 models!

1. As I have a Anschutz 1417 thumb hole and love it a second hand 1517 Deluxe is in the running (Deluxe to tell them apart :yes: ) Super quality, can't fault the 1417!

2. A new Browning `T` Bolt composite stock, 10 shot, only 4 for the 1517, slick bolt!

3. A new Browning T` Bolt walnut stock, 10 shot, only 4 for the 1517, slick bolt!

I love the look of the Browning but I do love the thumbhole in the Anschutz but there are limited secondhand Deluxe models out there. This will be a workhorse which steers me towards a composite and the Browning being cheaper. Any thoughts?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They should all be ok, and only you can decide what you want, because I have no need for any of them, my 452 Silhouette is fine for me!        

Can't believe the cz 452 not in their!???

Congratulation’s by the way. Fate makes us say the correct thing at the correct time, words in jest, outcome one .17HMR. Good luck with your pleasant dilemma.   All the best

Posted Images

I love the 1517 but not sure I won't a 4 shot magazine? I don't use my 10 shot with my 1417 other than when zeroing as I much prefer a flush fitting magazine when using a sling or resting on a fence. The Browning looks fab, I'm sure later on I could get a custom thumbhole?

I had a 1517 just over a year ago David. Yes it looked nice, but it certainly was no better than a CZ in performance, and definitely was not worth the difference in cash. ;)

T Bolt - I've handled one and I have to agree with Jacknife .......... it feels like a toy. Plus I didn't really like the bolt action. I watched several Youtube videos at the time and all that I can remember from those was the amount of times the guys were getting jams. Not good.

If I was to get another one it would definitely be a CZ and in a synthetic stock.

Tremo

If it's any help I know someone with a Browning A Bolt in .22-250, and she swears buy it both for accuracy and reliability. In fact her husband has a .243, forget what make but a good one, and he says the accuracy of the Browning puts his rifle to shame.

No experience with it myself.

• Like 1