The Non Working Lurcher

Aye, them rescue lurchers are all fat feckers and never get a chance to do their job.

IMG_4946_zpsavpvjgyc.jpg

xmas2011060.jpg

Trenchy, them dogs are a fecking disgrace and you want reporting for neglect. Get them out fella an let them do a bit...!!

;)

I would do, but they are very slow at licking their pots. And by the time they have finished, its too dark :cray:;)

• Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The saddest dogs I've seen have been rescued lurchers stuck on harnesses, and sometimes muzzled as well. When I ask why, they say it is to stop them killing rabbits. Almost without exception round her

I have taken on two rescue lurchers after spending some time fostering pound dogs for a rescue and I really wish there were no lurchers around that need to be rescued. I am too old and decrepit to wo

Trouble is you can buy chipping kits of the internet so the Scummies will just do themselves & whatever details they want??!! Two of my pups went to pet homes & i had no worries bout it. They

ive a pet lurcher (dh/collie/whip/grey), bought him 2yrs ago for a friend but hes too nervy for his own good and has very low drive.

he would be about 4yrs old now and with all his behavioural issues and i finally accepted that he wasnt a slow developer and will never work so had him castrated and he'll be with me for the rest of his natural life, as for a lead he only wears one if hes going to the vets and free ranges the 20acres around my place as well as going on late night walks offlead...

will get another worker when ive time for it but with a young baby on the way, hopefully starting back at college in september and exercising a working shepherd it wont be any time soon.

ive a pet lurcher (dh/collie/whip/grey), bought him 2yrs ago for a friend but hes too nervy for his own good and has very low drive.

he would be about 4yrs old now and with all his behavioural issues and i finally accepted that he wasnt a slow developer and will never work so had him castrated and he'll be with me for the rest of his natural life, as for a lead he only wears one if hes going to the vets and free ranges the 20acres around my place as well as going on late night walks offlead...

will get another worker when ive time for it but with a young baby on the way, hopefully starting back at college in september and exercising a working shepherd it wont be any time soon.

You let that slip gem,congratulations.

ive a mental image of me bringing the baby for early morning walks in its pram/buggy with a catty and hobos fishing reel in my pockets and game bag under the buggy lol...

• Like 2

ive a mental image of me bringing the baby for early morning walks in its pram/buggy with a catty and hobos fishing reel in my pockets and game bag under the buggy lol...

Our youngest is to heavy ,but my daughter who's just turned 5 ,I carried on my back in a buckle carrier,they did 2 sizes newborn an toddler,

http://www.roseandrebellion.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=rose.tpl&product_id=19&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=11

If you do get a pram ,you can get the green slime from cycle shops stick it in the tyres an saves loads of punctures when your off-roading it,;)

• Like 1

Our youngest is to heavy ,but my daughter who's just turned 5 ,I carried on my back in a buckle carrier,they did 2 sizes newborn an toddler,

http://www.roseandrebellion.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=rose.tpl&product_id=19&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=11

If you do get a pram ,you can get the green slime from cycle shops stick it in the tyres an saves loads of punctures when your off-roading it, ;)

way i figure it is the pram renders me invisible to the water bailiffs, have a sling already for newborn stage but im also looking at those rucksack carriers... the green slime looks very handy, the course im applying for is in outdoor education and includes mountain biking, kayaking, mountain climbing and surfing so that will come in handy there as well
  • Like 1

Nothing to do with the people who rescue or the shelters, it's all to do with the peddling fuckers, or the idiots that ain't got first clue of bringing a dog on in right way, they are to blame as they are all too quick to get rid when they don't suit

That's what I said preventing idiots breeding dogs for money, would see a decrease in dogs be taken in at shelter.

ive a pet lurcher (dh/collie/whip/grey), bought him 2yrs ago for a friend but hes too nervy for his own good and has very low drive.he would be about 4yrs old now and with all his behavioural issues and i finally accepted that he wasnt a slow developer and will never work so had him castrated and he'll be with me for the rest of his natural life, as for a lead he only wears one if hes going to the vets and free ranges the 20acres around my place as well as going on late night walks offlead... will get another worker when ive time for it but with a young baby on the way, hopefully starting back at college in september and exercising a working shepherd it wont be any time soon.

Our youngest is to heavy ,but my daughter who's just turned 5 ,I carried on my back in a buckle carrier,they did 2 sizes newborn an toddler,http://www.roseandrebellion.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=rose.tpl&product_id=19&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=11If you do get a pram ,you can get the green slime from cycle shops stick it in the tyres an saves loads of punctures when your off-roading it, ;)
way i figure it is the pram renders me invisible to the water bailiffs, have a sling already for newborn stage but im also looking at those rucksack carriers... the green slime looks very handy, the course im applying for is in outdoor education and includes mountain biking, kayaking, mountain climbing and surfing so that will come in handy there as well

Those ones are really good,not like the stupid ones that you see dangling near the parents waist,my missus and a friend started a breast feeding,baby wearing and cloth nappy group up,they meet on a wed lunchtime down local small hospital,I've seen it all come through the front door,cloth nappies,ring slings,buckle carriers,baby wearing coats ,organic baby clothing the lot,I'm an expert now,lol

• Like 2

Do you think the new compulsive chipping of dogs will stop some of the dog dumpers and peddlers?

Nope,only way it would work was if the breeder had to have them chipped before they left,

There will be still people that won't chip their dogs ,just like people that don't have car tax or have log book in their name etc.

Trouble is you can buy chipping kits of the internet so the Scummies will just do themselves & whatever details they want??!! Two of my pups went to pet homes & i had no worries bout it. They are in a Permanent Home Want for nothing & are out on the hills of north wales 3/4 times a week. The bloke took early retirement & sends me regular updates neither of the dogs are fat/overweight & although he doesnt work them if they catch the odd rbt or pheasant he dont mind. I like seeing pics of them out & about & laid out in front of the fire or on his sofa. Nice to know they are well cared for.

• Like 5

So i wrote on here the other day about a salukix that we may be fostering. Well now were keepeing it to me the dog seems very thin so i have put a bit of lard in with the biscuits and lamb what should i be aiming for in terms of condition all the vertibrae are sticking out. Im not used to lurchers so any advice would be welcome. Im not after a fat dog just a good conditioned healthy animal

So i wrote on here the other day about a salukix that we may be fostering. Well now were keepeing it to me the dog seems very thin so i have put a bit of lard in with the biscuits and lamb what should i be aiming for in terms of condition all the vertibrae are sticking out. Im not used to lurchers so any advice would be welcome. Im not after a fat dog just a good conditioned healthy animal