Derelict Barn Finds-The Good ,the Bad And The Eek!

I have an on-going job at the moment centred around a derelict barn that's awaiting demolition . When I mentioned to the guy in charge of the site that it was a treasure trove for an inveterate spuddler like me he gave me the sort of look one might reserve for someone who admitted to a shoe-sniffing fetish and walked off muttering .

"Ave what ya like. Sa'll sh*.t"

I'm glad he didn't insist that I take it all!

post-13773-0-04593900-1453753512_thumb.jpg

post-13773-0-15520300-1453753540_thumb.jpg

post-13773-0-53280300-1453753574_thumb.jpg

post-13773-0-86637700-1453753595_thumb.jpg

Check out the unlabelled jar to the right of the picture with the white crystalline powder in it.

I didn't!

Edited by comanche
  • Like 4

Did it get disposed off safely then or could a clown get hold of it?

Its in a box within a box within the site chemical box now. I think the the chap was on the verge of asking me if it was any good to me but I had my rare "serious" face on when I told him about it.

Snow, never dies,...unlike any poor luckless critter that gets to inbibe a wee sample :yes:

Mind you,..that old Dethmor tin is worth keeping... :thumbs:

I thought that at first but the bottom is a little loose. Bit like mine when I noticed the pink staining around the lid of the Drat bottle:)

• Like 1

Snow, never dies,...unlike any poor luckless critter that gets to inbibe a wee sample :yes:

Mind you,..that old Dethmor tin is worth keeping... :thumbs:

I thought that at first but the bottom is a little loose. Bit like mine when I noticed the pink staining around the lid of the Drat bottle:)
Everything that stuff goes near goes pink. It even gets through plastic feed bags.
  • 2 weeks later...

The old Glevum can be converted to electric if it isn't already

I converted a couple of old ones a few years ago that a pal gave me and they worked a treat , lots of hand turning but I got 78% return out of one and 72 % out of the other , well pleased .when I moved and advertised them for sale the bloody phone melted .really sort after ..