Pups Updated

Having a very confusing few days with the pups lately for 3 weeks they have been eating 3 meals of raw every day and really eating well , been wormed 2 , 4 , 6 weeks and was taking bitch out in the day for the last few days ! Pups all of a sudden wouldn't really touch the raw but soon as the bitch went in they were nailing her and really drinking well poo has gone a little runny aswell no blood in it before anyone askes ! Anyone got idea what could be up and be best way to go?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try adding probiotics to their food. And keep them on cooked chicken and rice until they are all shitting perfectly solid and have put on weight. Pups can easily get bacterial infections as their immu

Yes mate that's spot on ... Skinless and boiled and mix it with boiled white rice that's been throughly washed ... If they will,take it give them some pro biotic yogurt first it helps settle the gut a

As penny said owain keep them in the boiled chicken and rice diet until they are ok and then keep,them on it for a few days after ... Then start adding their normal food and removing the boiled chicke

you get it with pups they go through phases i wouldnt take any bearing on them feeding on mother they'l do that for as long as the mother has milk. i wouldnt worry yet even simple temp change in kennel can effect a pups eating habbits. crap consistancy changes can happen often also in weaning stage

• Like 1

just a thought as don't know who's having the pups ,but as not everyone can feed raw,would it pay to include a little decent quality dog biscuit as well?

They have been having abit of biscuit soaked in goats milk aswell
  • Like 1

At 6 weeks I'd try and keep the bitch away as much as possible,they get comfort as well as nourishment from their mother so may save themselves for her milk.

But as said they go through phases and usually as they are about to go to their new homes lol

If they have been off the bitch then gone back on her milk will make their shit a bit runny ... I would starve them off for twelve hours and start them back on with boiled chicken ........

• Like 1

If they have been off the bitch then gone back on her milk will make their shit a bit runny ... I would starve them off for twelve hours and start them back on with boiled chicken ........

I was gone pm you about it tbh !! Only bitch has gone quiet skinny but she's the one always eating it's stressing me right out tbh

Try a bit of beef and lamb if you can ,

Not much fat in chicken mince,or try heating it through to make it a bit mor appetizing,just to get them eating again,

But try not to pander too much to them as you'll be making your life hell as they quickly learn if they hold out they get something tastier