Bartering/favours

Seeing taz2010 thread and the critisim he's getting over selling surplus, I think putting surplus out there is better than culling as it gives new starts or lone rangers a chance of getting a decent bred mutt, well I hate to hear to working homes only then the pm of 300+ comes along, so what bartering have you done or favours in return instead of handing money over??

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The biggest favour a boy can do someone who has gifted them a well bred pup is just doing the right thing. Look after it enter it right, work it through out the season and most of all be honest about

A favour will kill you quicker than a bullet lol-I've used my trade as a chippy in the past to gain permission,but on the few rare occasion I've had to buy a dog I've payed my money and took my chance

I don't know about bartering or favours but onetime I did win a rather large scruffy jack Russel that was about a 12 months in a card game lol. I was only young and I'd just started to go to the pub

A favour will kill you quicker than a bullet lol-I've used my trade as a chippy in the past to gain permission,but on the few rare occasion I've had to buy a dog I've payed my money and took my chances,I've gifted pups and been tucked too many times in the past,if they want what I got then they can pay like I always have,sold one pup from my last litter for 200 boys came dwn from Yorkshire and I gave back a twenty for good luck,my fone then rang for weeks with silly c**ts offering a grand if I sold them one of my chocolate bitch pups lol-I would sooner sell one to someone just starting out who's tidy than half the clowns who I've met that keep dogs,you soon find out who your mates are when they don't get their own way,got to laugh at most on here,troll the for sale sections and jump on anyone that charges,then the daft c**ts are traveling up country paying 500 plus for dogs that are backfill pure and simple.atb dc

• Like 9

A favour will kill you quicker than a bullet lol-I've used my trade as a chippy in the past to gain permission,but on the few rare occasion I've had to buy a dog I've payed my money and took my chances,I've gifted pups and been tucked too many times in the past,if they want what I got then they can pay like I always have,sold one pup from my last litter for 200 boys came dwn from Yorkshire and I gave back a twenty for good luck,my fone then rang for weeks with silly c**ts offering a grand if I sold them one of my chocolate bitch pups lol-I would sooner sell one to someone just starting out who's tidy than half the clowns who I've met that keep dogs,you soon find out who your mates are when they don't get their own way,got to laugh at most on here,troll the for sale sections and jump on anyone that charges,then the daft c**ts are traveling up country paying 500 plus for dogs that are backfill pure and simple.atb dc

i once made welping boxes for a friend for hounds and didn't take a penny, 8 wks later he gave me a pup and said that's for helping him out, pup turned out alright, I gained a fair bit of ground too by working as well, seems to be mainly based on trust. Edited by Lenmcharristar
  • Like 2

I don't know about bartering or favours but onetime I did win a rather large scruffy jack Russel that was about a 12 months in a card game lol.

I was only young and I'd just started to go to the pub anyway being young I had to much to drink and started playing cards with a few older diggers. Anyway I ended up walking in as drunk as a Lord with this massive jack Russel under my arm . My father came down the stairs in he's pants and I said look what I won playing cards ! he just laughed and said you should've taken the money instead of that lol . Had some real good sport with that dog and he lived for years and mated every bitch I our estate , mongrels Alsatian spaniels you name . He'd escape and come back as thin as a fag paper ?

• Like 8

I bought cuple of lads a sharpe tooth who gifted me pups and I will always give/buy some one somthing just as a token of my appreciation or stick to any arrangement made with sumone being correct gets you along way in this game get a bad name and doors close faster than they open lol

• Like 5

The biggest favour a boy can do someone who has gifted them a well bred pup is just doing the right thing. Look after it enter it right, work it through out the season and most of all be honest about the dog.

amen to that lukes. Atb dc

Also tradesmen who work for a pup instead of paying??? It's helping eachother out

Fitted a shower in trade of my first pup, the job was a straight swap and I struggled making it last 15mins but the lad was happy and kept his word and I pick the chosen pup up at 6 weeks, had a lot of fun with that dog.
  • Like 1

I was offered a pup years ago that I really wanted and as the breeder wanted no money I offered to rear a pup as well to repay the kindness.

I reared the two pups and grew very very fond of the one I was rearing as a favour and it broke my heart to give her back but a deals a deal.

She was sold immediately and I heard her new owner abused her. She ended up being taken off him and put down.

Never again.

Still annoys me to this day.

• Like 2

I was offered a pup years ago that I really wanted and as the breeder wanted no money I offered to rear a pup as well to repay the kindness.

I reared the two pups and grew very very fond of the one I was rearing as a favour and it broke my heart to give her back but a deals a deal.

She was sold immediately and I heard her new owner abused her. She ended up being taken off him and put down.

Never again.

Still annoys me to this day.

never thought of that type of offer, by rearing pups for others he must have trusted you Neil, the breeder can come out of the deal better off than the trades man but a deal is a deal
  • Like 1

one thing for sure you'll all ways have lots of friends when you got some pups on the go :)

You'd better believe it Glyn.

Years ago there was a lad I used to dig with a few times a week. A few other lads told me he was bad mouthing my terriers behind my back.

I bred a litter and when they were a few weeks old he walked into the shed , looked at the litter ,picked one up and said "keep this one for me."

That was the excuse I needed, I ran him.

His loss, it was a good litter.

• Like 3

@ a guess more than half of those that would take a pup of you are piss takers wankers or messers. Human nature?. Based on that id rather pay something for a pup. Ive been looked on kindly and been gifted, I look at it as a priviledge to be trusted.

Long live the breeders breeding for work. If I have to pay for a worker ill pay, fingers crossed the tyke works - cant put a price on the pleasure of hunting something youve brung on as a pup, secondary to one which youve bred yourself of course.

• Like 2

anyone know where I can get a play station or a iPhone for free??? Fellas hand over 100's for them but want pups gifted and think they were robbed if they handed over a few 100 for a pup.

I don't sell pups, never have or will. But I don't worry about people that do.

If people have less value for a pup than an iPhone they can fuxk right off.

Messers and guys starting out need to be able to buy from somewhere, if no one is selling, then someone is going to go robbing to supply pups.

• Like 5