them ibc tanks can split ,especially if there a few years old and been out in the sun ,only this week I filled one up with a 1000 litres of heating fuel as the tanker cant get down my track to the house ,I normally get 500 litres because I,m paranoid it will split but this time I thought I would risk it and guess what it split, luckily for me it was right across the top so only lost about ten litres coming down the hill. god I was lucky not to lose the lot, that was on my own land but if one split on a public highway you would need to get the fire brigade to sort that spill outa and you would be right in the shit

them ibc tanks can split ,especially if there a few years old and been out in the sun ,only this week I filled one up with a 1000 litres of heating fuel as the tanker cant get down my track to the house ,I normally get 500 litres because I,m paranoid it will split but this time I thought I would risk it and guess what it split, luckily for me it was right across the top so only lost about ten litres coming down the hill. god I was lucky not to lose the lot, that was on my own land but if one split on a public highway you would need to get the fire brigade to sort that spill outa and you would be right in the shit

Any plastic can get like that if left in the sun this was brand new I get around nearly new ibc tanks each month from an infustrial unit on my rounds

They used to sell really well on farm sales also but lately not much market for them

Turned up to a Morrisons today to half fill a ibc tank up with petrol so I had 500 litres as it's cheap and the woman was such a jobsworth and said they only allow the five litre green jerry cans and one per filling not even bothered of the nearly 500 pound fuel sale went to a country garage privately owned and they let me fill it up

Any one else experienced that before

Was there a few of yous turned up at the filling station?

3 people

Cushty.........Ali from the Kebab shop.......and lord Lucan?????? :laugh:

• Like 3

Doubt it was just the container they prob thought you were goin to drive off with it ?

I normally get the megaphone saying pay first when I pull in with big drums
Doubt its because of the big drums , driving a tranny tipper full of scrap and the chip fat greased back hair is more likely the problem
  • Like 2

Yep, my local Asda! I open the Jeep tailgate so they can't see (don't put the cans on the ground!) and often fill 10 or 12 cans! The trick is to use a pump at the back, go when it's busy and have all the cans open, facing the right way! I got 160 liters (including filling the Jeep) one visit and they were none the wiser

Let's say for arguments sake you end up saving 5p per litre overall so your saving a whole 25 quid on 500 litre ... is it really worth the hassle? ...I don't think so

Must admit it cracks me up sometimes watching people sitting in a queue for half hour in order to save about £2.50 !!

Edited by gnasher16

We sold our petrol station for building about 10 years back. Never made much on the fuel but on the other stuff we sold but the fuel brought them in. You were tied to the petrol supplier with a massive down payment in our case a hundred grand because we were family owned and was not worth it so dad sold up for a nice earner

Let's say for arguments sake you end up saving 5p per litre overall so your saving a whole 25 quid on 500 litre ... is it really worth the hassle? ...I don't think so

Must admit it cracks me up sometimes watching people sitting in a queue for half hour in order to save about £2.50 !!

Got to agree I used to know a girl travel five mile to save two pence a litre she didn't understand where I was coming from saying it probably cost the same or more