Deep Digs! Fact Or Fiction?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have dug past 6 m on the bell man a few times,nasty spots we would love them aĺl to be 2 footers,lol,a good dog knows no limits/depth imo.couldn't give two fucks for the non believers,not that it n

Deepest We have been 5.2M on the Bellman . Dug beside farmers house he came out with a light bulb and extension lead there were a few large boulders in the dig . He came round with s

4.7 on the box through two layers of stone and shale then sand all the way.Experience teaches a man to start these digs at a reasonable size instead of having to chop a section down part way through.W

Posted Images

Round my way it's sand mostly, most earth's follow streams with large embankments of mature trees. Sand is good on flat ground,but on an embankment even 5ft can be lethal.Sand slips fast, wet even faster.22ish my deepest. A good team of spade men an kept it wide. Backfilling was not as enjoyable.

• Like 1

Leggy65

Yesterday, 04:34 PM

Well done lads thought it would get your attention! Runem I've had and worked terriers for over 35 years! And dug some deep earth with good results! Thanks for the response lads!

Get some photos of your deep digs and dogs up.

• Like 1

Leggy65

Well done lads thought it would get your attention! Runem I've had and worked terriers for over 35 years! And dug some deep earth with good results! Thanks for the response lads!

When are you going to ever show any of your dogs?,your allways asking for pics so how about some of yours if you have any dogs?????.

• Like 2

Like This

fireman

Today, 02:06 PM

Leggy65

When are you going to ever show any of your dogs?,your allways asking for pics so how about some of yours if you have any dogs?????.

Mole265 wrote

I only ask for photos to be put up of real working terriers so that rules you out with those monkeys you keep. Have you got a black arm band on for mr Plummer aka wirrel man

• Like 2

Like This

fireman

Today, 02:06 PM

Leggy65

Mole265 wrote

I only ask for photos to be put up of real working terriers so that rules you out with those monkeys you keep. Have you got a black arm band on for mr Plummer aka wirrel man

Monkeys :laugh: ,you may think you know what dogs i have but you don't :tongue2: and they do everything i need them to :victory: ,try for another rise about mr plummer as i don't give two fecks about it all.So no dogs yourself then Mole ? :whistling:

• Like 1

How deep can we dig really lads ? Come on let's hear them and see some pics?

deep digs fact or fiction,,,,,,,,,,if you have worked terriers for a few years ,you would know the answer yourself.

My deepest dig just over 16 ft,went back to car to get my camera came back five minutes later and the hole had collapsed in,,i was very lucky not to be killed.

On a different note it was in the days of the old clicker boxes,it could not pick up the dog at that depth, however i could hear the dog steadily baying with my ear to the ground.

at 16 feet deep who are yea superman

no superman..just someone with more exerience,did you know sound travels further in different types of soil,,,,maybe the new bellmans have cut a few to many corners for the modern terrier man...ps i own a bellman they are fantastic

but i am not reliant on one...............are you..?????

I think your full of shit

Not even the Indians could hear that deep

• Like 1

How deep can we dig really lads ? Come on let's hear them and see some pics?

deep digs fact or fiction,,,,,,,,,,if you have worked terriers for a few years ,you would know the answer yourself.

My deepest dig just over 16 ft,went back to car to get my camera came back five minutes later and the hole had collapsed in,,i was very lucky not to be killed.

On a different note it was in the days of the old clicker boxes,it could not pick up the dog at that depth, however i could hear the dog steadily baying with my ear to the ground.

at 16 feet deep who are yea superman
no superman..just someone with more exerience,did you know sound travels further in different types of soil,,,,maybe the new bellmans have cut a few to many corners for the modern terrier man...ps i own a bellman they are fantastic

but i am not reliant on one...............are you..?????

I think your full of shit

Not even the Indians could hear that deep

I DONT LIE IN FACT I NEVER DO IT ITS TRUE,..............do you think i dug 16 ft on my own,,,no way, i had two other terrier men with me,they know..........

I think you've got your ambitions and your capabilities mixed up chum

no ambitions well not many ,capable of many things but not a dreamer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,experienced with many things yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but never mixed up.........

Most I ever had to do was 7 or 8 feet. All ways did my best to avoid any deep places and got the dog on a lead when we were passing any where bad. Got caught out one day ferreting and forgot about the holes ahead. A dog had been lost there once apparently and mine went down luckily there was nothing at home just a bit of scent. Bloody relieved when he surfaced and I actually ran into the trees shouting rabbit so he would follow and I could get lead on quick :laugh:

Out of interest if your going down to these depths do you start the hole off really big and keep it that way if possible ? I soon learned to dig big nothing worst than a poxy narrow hole you can't move in