3 Legged Fox

Guest Snitch99

had a three legger a good few years back bashed out on a local tip. it seemed to have carried the amputation well an was reasonably healthy. it was a back leg. my first instinct was the fox was hit by a car an possibly chewed injured leg off. and food being easy to find in an urban area the fox was able to surive. atb

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In North Finchley London a few years back,working,when we got back to the digs first night I noticed a little vixen moving across the car park,she had 3 legs,front left missing,I would sit on the balc

also named tripod. has all four legs but only three worked. he was around for a long time . and on three legs for three seasons. sired two litters that i know of and helped rear them. had no fear of

I've dug them with front and back legs missing, with all sorts of scars and injuries. The one thing that they'd all got in common was the fact they were all in good health and all were fat as pigs. Th

Posted Images

Not dug too one but there is one up this way that has been going strong for 3 years has too be the smartest fox I've ever met I've gave up trying too get him I don't have enuf fingers too count the times he has escaped and evaded us he has been shot at 4 times hunted with hounds 3 times and lamped for a whole season chasing him over hills and threw woods he just seems too pop up every now and then he is a sneaky little b*****d and knows the area better then any off us I know of one lad has tried chasing him on a quad trying too catch him

:laugh: Brilliant, sure that fox will live on for years in tales told about him around your area. What a legend, you have to respect that will to survive.
hes defiantly a surviver I think he got hit bye a car that's how he lost it but not sure one lad says he shot him but not sure you can't miss him though a right silver/ white tail with a little black on the end I know he is the most lamp shy fox I ever hunted any time the light flashed over him he was gone he won't even entertain a squeak can mind the was some rifle boys up there last year night vision the works could not even get close too him he has some right old wits about him it won't surprise me if he dose get caught and has no teeth left
  • Like 1

Have had a couple of three leggers one missing a back leg other missing a front wouldn't like to say how they lost there limbs rifle shot or car accident but both in good condition also had one with stitches in its back leg proving that it was dumped then there was the one we dug that had a snare round it's neck with the wire completely grown over with skin and fur when we showed the keeper on the estate he told us he had one chew out of a snare months before we caught up with him the certainly are survivors.

also named tripod. :thumbs: has all four legs but only three worked. he was around for a long time . and on three legs for three seasons. sired two litters that i know of and helped rear them. had no fear of dogs but got off his mark when strange humans apeared. he disapeared last winter he must have been at least six years old.

post-100217-0-34558400-1452194594_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

In North Finchley London a few years back,working,when we got back to the digs first night I noticed a little vixen moving across the car park,she had 3 legs,front left missing,I would sit on the balcony every morning and throw her a few Scraps .after a few mornings she would come and bring 4 cubs,they would sit there looking up calling for the food on my life,I was there for 3 weeks and they came every day until I left,I used to have a video on my phone I took years ago down neath way of a fox that would pop up every night when we where working in BT pits on the fibre, he had a rear leg missing,had no fear of me my mate headtorches and shit on,got him to eat some kebab out of my hand one night nuts,they will definitely adapt and survive.As much as I live to dig them,I have always liked to see the odd one get away,something about when he slips the hounds/lurchers/guns and makes a dash for freedom lol shame with the laws now that we can't let them run anymore.;) atb dc

• Like 5

The beauty of living in country well hunted with hounds we don't see too many wounded or handicapped foxes.

The average lifespan of a fox is 18 months so for a handicapped fox to be thriving at 3 years of age food and safety must be plentiful.

he lived in an industrial estate. that backed onto a housing estate. rich pickings for a sharp witted animal, but also a deathtrap for young foxes. :thumbs:

Not dug too one but there is one up this way that has been going strong for 3 years has too be the smartest fox I've ever met I've gave up trying too get him I don't have enuf fingers too count the times he has escaped and evaded us he has been shot at 4 times hunted with hounds 3 times and lamped for a whole season chasing him over hills and threw woods he just seems too pop up every now and then he is a sneaky little b*****d and knows the area better then any off us I know of one lad has tried chasing him on a quad trying too catch him

:laugh: Brilliant, sure that fox will live on for years in tales told about him around your area. What a legend, you have to respect that will to survive.
hes defiantly a surviver I think he got hit bye a car that's how he lost it but not sure one lad says he shot him but not sure you can't miss him though a right silver/ white tail with a little black on the end I know he is the most lamp shy fox I ever hunted any time the light flashed over him he was gone he won't even entertain a squeak can mind the was some rifle boys up there last year night vision the works could not even get close too him he has some right old wits about him it won't surprise me if he dose get caught and has no teeth left

Last time he stopped for a light a f***ing car hit him.....?

• Like 2

Last time he stopped for a light a f***ing car hit him.....

kind of my theory lol think the lad that says he shot him is not that good of a shot