Breeding {Blood}

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you could say a dog was as good as its last season, but defiantly not its last dig. I've not seen a dog yet that hasn't missed.

Only as good as last dig I don't believe that good dogs just turn to pure shit of the back of 1 dig Thers to many variables involved for a statement like that for me

Dumped in the lane, breeding unknown First dig 40min second four an a half hrs.  

Interested to hear thoughts on this;

If you had a well bred bitch, would you breed her young for personal use? She may die young doing a good job so I personally don't necessarily see a problem with it myself

definitely -if she's good enough to breed off you'd know - have a pup coming (hopefully )off a bitch that turned a year in august -sire has 9 seasons done..she wasn't spared - dug in very difficult places - her owner has nothing else left off her dam

Only as good as last dig I don't believe that good dogs just turn to pure shit of the back of 1 dig Thers to many variables involved for a statement like that for me

You never seen a dog quitting ?

Of course i have but I've also seen dogs quit and be blamed for quitting when it wasent Ther fault it was down to the owner

• Like 5

I would jus lyk to reply to ths but don't judge I'm not out to piss people off just saying my opinion on ths, and my few is not how th dog is bred its [BANNED TEXT] u put into them u can get any run of the mill pup tht has come from no name parents and u put time and effort in and it will work for you it does help tho [BANNED TEXT] they are bred frm good stock but it still doesn't mean u always will get a worker with any dog and it's not jus the dogs tht needs it in thm it's the owners as we'll u put TIME,EFFORT & PATIENTS and you will get rewards with any breed

• Like 1

I can see [BANNED TEXT] you mean but [BANNED TEXT] wud u call young a terrier is still young at 4-5 in my eyes and shud hav proved it self by well thn if ur out all th time no good having a bitch working at 15 -20 months and had a few digs and think u hav somethink and you think you hav to line her, thn tht is 2 young in my eyes giv her abit more work thn start thinking about lining her [BANNED TEXT] she's proved her self and u. But wud jus lyk to say every one's different

I would jus lyk to reply to ths but don't judge I'm not out to piss people off just saying my opinion on ths, and my few is not how th dog is bred its [bANNED TEXT] u put into them u can get any run of the mill pup tht has come from no name parents and u put time and effort in and it will work for you it does help tho [bANNED TEXT] they are bred frm good stock but it still doesn't mean u always will get a worker with any dog and it's not jus the dogs tht needs it in thm it's the owners as we'll u put TIME,EFFORT & PATIENTS and you will get rewards with any breed

no matter how many hours of time and effort you cant make a terrier go to ground and stay inches from its quarry for hours, it has to have the minerals for it, i believe thats what breeding is. You cant just get any run of the mill pup and it will work 100%, that statement is bullshit. It will probably rat and bush but youd be lucky if it works.
  • Like 4

I would jus lyk to reply to ths but don't judge I'm not out to piss people off just saying my opinion on ths, and my few is not how th dog is bred its [bANNED TEXT] u put into them u can get any run of the mill pup tht has come from no name parents and u put time and effort in and it will work for you it does help tho [bANNED TEXT] they are bred frm good stock but it still doesn't mean u always will get a worker with any dog and it's not jus the dogs tht needs it in thm it's the owners as we'll u put TIME,EFFORT & PATIENTS and you will get rewards with any breed

no matter how many hours of time and effort you cant make a terrier go to ground and stay inches from its quarry for hours, it has to have the minerals for it, i believe thats what breeding is. You cant just get any run of the mill pup and it will work 100%, that statement is bullshit. It will probably rat and bush but youd be lucky if it works.

Spot on Rob. Breeding is everything in a terrier. Ive seen terriers that were never out in a green field, travel find and work their quarry well their first day out and went on to become very good terriers. That had nothing to do with time and patience but all to do with their breeding. Yes putting time and patients into a terrier helps but as the saying goes you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear !!!!!

• Like 3

You never seen a dog quitting ?

Of course i have but I've also seen dogs quit and be blamed for quitting when it wasent Ther fault it was down to the owner

bull shit!! im talking about good well bred and looked after dog, that had heeps of diging done' and jack in front of you some day' dog had enough....notting what so ever to do with owner, hopefully it wasnt his last dig, but more than likely it was.

Edited by mushray

A good old working terrier is somethink you can use every week no matter how deep th dig is weather it's 12ft or 12"inches no good havin one laid up for months on end, in my eyes that's the trouble with some people these days think they hav a good dog [BANNED TEXT] it comes out with plenty of marks and scars on it they are 2 a penny

• Like 2