Breeding {Blood}

I know every last man Jack on here is about to pile on to me and maybe rightly so . As most are aware I'm green when I had to give up lurchers for family reasons I needed to continue to work dogs for my sanity so I thought I know I'll get myself a terrier and go digging . I thought to myself them patterdale seem to be a popular dog I'll get one and proceeded to purchase the nearest pup to my home in kent .well if any lurcher will chase stands to reason any terrier once seen it done will go lol go on jump on that.my pup came from a man who lied I believe about how it's parents were bred and he only bushes his what I'm getting at here is I've dug my dog I know it doesn't mean I will continue to dig him he might jack who can tell so is all this line breeding a must

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you could say a dog was as good as its last season, but defiantly not its last dig. I've not seen a dog yet that hasn't missed.

Only as good as last dig I don't believe that good dogs just turn to pure shit of the back of 1 dig Thers to many variables involved for a statement like that for me

Dumped in the lane, breeding unknown First dig 40min second four an a half hrs.  

Id say it is. Youve been lucky, my last 3 pups were from people i didnt know, i later found out the pups parents werent what i was told. I still gave the pups the chance they deserved but they just didnt have it in them. I later got to see the dam to one of the pups work and it had this horrible trait of coming off the quarry but staying under for 3hr plus. My pup would do the exact same thing. I believe its all about breeding, without it your run a high chance of wasting years like i have.

• Like 2

Took me few years to get dog that actually did what i wanted and was told if your genuine and the people your buying off r go on a dig and see what the parents can do I've made few good mates like this and when u start shifting soil like a 3cx there more than welcoming for you to tag along although nothings set in stone atb lads

• Like 3