Wtch Dog To Sire

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

coursing bred dog x colle/grey , seems to mix well for the lamping game ​

i would'nt get hung up on the breeds ,just get a sire you like ,try and see it work,and if it fits the bill go from there.

Coursing bred lurcher Benji/splodge breeding which has lamped thousands of rabbits over the years,if a dog was performing well at its job i wouldnt be blinkered with similar types,sometimes an out cro

Posted Images

Coursing bred lurcher Benji/splodge breeding which has lamped thousands of rabbits over the years,if a dog was performing well at its job i wouldnt be blinkered with similar types,sometimes an out cross could improve a strain.

Nice dog him runem, how old?

just under six now.

He's a nice animal mate. Are these pups out of him?

People usually cross to radically diffrent types like going back to greyhound when they are unsatisfied with the dog they have. If you are happy with the dog you have why would you not want to reproduce it again,and if you are not happy with it why breed from it?

I have a 3/4 whippet 1/4 bedy bitch and I am thinking of lining her next year I will mostly be working field and and woodland for rabbits on the lamp in your opinion wat x of dog would u put across her ??????? Thanks

Collie Grey x 3/4 whippet 1/4 collie if you can find a good one

People usually cross to radically diffrent types like going back to greyhound when they are unsatisfied with the dog they have. If you are happy with the dog you have why would you not want to reproduce it again,and if you are not happy with it why breed from it?

Or they like racey type Lurchers??

Hes already got a 3/4 whippet ,they dont come much racier.

Katchum its not keeness with coursing dogs there keen its more there running style they go the long way around to get the rabbit if you know what i mean it isnt needed for a rabbit just a quick direct straight to the point type is needed for rabbits on the lamp thats my opinion and the coursing type isnt it

Or they like racey type Lurchers??

Hes already got a 3/4 whippet ,they dont come much racier.

Yeah but it will keep pups racy, add better feet and more wind, aswell as other stuff imho. depends on what he wants don't it, I'm just saying what iv seen and will do myself pal

y

I've got a 3/4 whip 1/4 beddy and if I were to breed ( which I won't) I would look to put the size up a little, grey x bed or A grey x whip would be my choice I reckon.

She's a real trier but those extra couple of inches sometimes let her down IMO, small paddocks and tight fields she's mustard, on bigger arable she'll struggle.. Think keeping that speed off the mark for ferreting bushing ect plus adding a few inches would be the way I'd go.

if your only hunting rabbits , i would go for the whippet greyhound colie type d slieght used to breed clever fast and durable , he won 2 feild trails several obeidence things and were decent workers , he had aliter 2 years ago mates got a litle brindle dog spot on 24 at shoulder