Wtch Dog To Sire

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

coursing bred dog x colle/grey , seems to mix well for the lamping game ​

i would'nt get hung up on the breeds ,just get a sire you like ,try and see it work,and if it fits the bill go from there.

Coursing bred lurcher Benji/splodge breeding which has lamped thousands of rabbits over the years,if a dog was performing well at its job i wouldnt be blinkered with similar types,sometimes an out cro

Posted Images

I didn't say they couldn't mate, most dogs with running dog will catch rabbits on lamp. I just don't think it's needed really for what he's wanting it for, could increase size quite a it and I had a pup with a bit of saluki in it, was a right royal pain in the arse tbh lol. I'd be looking at something similar

• Like 1

Coursing bred lurcher Benji/splodge breeding which has lamped thousands of rabbits over the years,if a dog was performing well at its job i wouldnt be blinkered with similar types,sometimes an out cross could improve a strain.

post-15985-0-19155400-1451496409.jpg

• Like 5

I have a 3/4 whippet 1/4 bedy bitch and I am thinking of lining her next year I will mostly be working field and and woodland for rabbits on the lamp in your opinion wat x of dog would u put across her ??????? Thanks

If you are happy with the type then why not look for a similar type? If you start putting saluki or collie blood in you are likely to change the type altogether. Dont gamble or think its useless to plan like some on here,but think about what you want. If it were me I would be looking for a beddy whippet stud dog so I had some notion of what the pups might look and act like. Get a strain going in years to come and you will have something to be proud of instead of swapping and changing.

Coursing bred lurcher Benji/splodge breeding which has lamped thousands of rabbits over the years,if a dog was performing well at its job i wouldnt be blinkered with similar types,sometimes an out cross could improve a strain.

Nice dog him runem, how old?

• Like 1

Nice dog him runem, how old?

just under six now.

post-15985-0-44372400-1451502414_thumb.jpg