Omg What Was They Thinking

I was called out specifically to account for a pest the other week, and was asked for a photo for the farmer, & a copy for the hunt club.

These fellas have done similar, it looks like they were as thorough as they could be, I dont agree or disagree with the photo, in their culture maybe its a bit of proof for the landowner? who knows? Distasteful in the uk, but as long as they kill swiftly its legitimate humane non toxic pest control.

If the vixen had been accounted for by a rifleman away from the sette and then a trophy photo I would have disagreed with that.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are they English ,,,look foreign to me judging by the hat and dog,,,,I could be wrong of course

Even on a hunting site the outrage bus is being fired up over this legal and humane pest control. I particularly like the outrage in the original photo that the Cubs were killed. What did the anti e

if no one ever put a hunting pic up again on here or on Facebook it wiuldbt make no difference to the anti , they'll only use pics from a country where hunting is legal . don't get me wrong I don't

I was called out specifically to account for a pest the other week, and was asked for a photo for the farmer, & a copy for the hunt club.

These fellas have done similar, it looks like they were as thorough as they could be, I dont agree or disagree with the photo, in their culture maybe its a bit of proof for the landowner? who knows? Distasteful in the uk, but as long as they kill swiftly its legitimate humane non toxic pest control.

If the vixen had been accounted for by a rifleman away from the sette and then a trophy photo I would have disagreed with that.

There was a vixen in a photograph shot by a member on here early this year, she obviously had cubs somewhere? No outrage though, just a lot of 'likes' haha.....

• Like 3

if no one ever put a hunting pic up again on here or on Facebook it wiuldbt make no difference to the anti , they'll only use pics from a country where hunting is legal .

don't get me wrong I don't like the killing of Cubs or even people taking pics of it but at the end of the day it's a part of the job . Nah I don't find it repulsive sorry to those that do , would folk feel any different or repulsed if it was a mother rat and a nest of little rats ?

Even on a hunting site the outrage bus is being fired up over this legal and humane pest control. I particularly like the outrage in the original photo that the Cubs were killed. What did the anti expect the guys to do? Kill the vixen and then let the Cubs starve or take them away to be bottle fed?

People are losing their minds over photos of this. And let's not forget the international outrage and policy changes that were the result of the legal hunt of 'Cecil' the lion. Yet in most of the 'developed' world it is perfectly legal (and increasingly sociably acceptable) for a woman to murder her healthy unborn child, conceived as a result of consensual sex, purely because she can't be f****d to raise it. And people line up round the block to defend this behaviour as 'a woman's choice'.

What a crazy topsy turvey world we live in...

Great fecking point, an so true, what are these nutcases agenda, there psychos, ask an anti do they agree with abortion, arrrrrggggghhhh

Just my own ever so humble opinion , but if a percentage of this site who are obviously pro hunting and aware of the necessity of sometimes having to cull cubs find that photo distasteful then we can assume that the general public almost to a man will be outraged by it , the same general public who we are supposed to be trying to get onside ,and without who's support hunting is doomed .

The people who are giving up thier time and energy starting clubs up specifically aimed at changing the publics opinion of us must be tearing thier hair out in frustration .

• Like 3

Just my own ever so humble opinion , but if a percentage of this site who are obviously pro hunting and aware of the necessity of sometimes having to cull cubs find that photo distasteful then we can assume that the general public almost to a man will be outraged by it , the same general public who we are supposed to be trying to get onside ,and without who's support hunting is doomed .

The people who are giving up thier time and energy starting clubs up specifically aimed at changing the publics opinion of us must be tearing thier hair out in frustration .

.....& if it was a pic of 8 adult foxes it would be applauded by many on here, in or out of breeding season.........granted, it beggars belief why anyone would make such a photo public, it's stupid....but repulsive? I don't think so, It's just the truth of pest control unfortunately, I'd much rather the cubs accounted for than left to starve, like hundreds are each year.......but we don't have to look at them do we?

• Like 3

I don't personally think we will win over the general public likes been said we can't even stop lads on here thinking its distasteful or repulsive . Facts are facts though killing Cubs is part of the job SOMETIMES . I've stopped pulling my hair out over pics like these ( I don't have much to pull out lol ) terrier work is in the main I believe seen as repulsive be it adult or Cubs and to be truthful I don't give a f**k what anyone thinks be it anti or repulsed hunter ?

• Like 5

I dont really understand this whole thing of caring for what the general public thinks and winning them over.......if the general publics dislike doesnt stop you doing it then why would you care what they think just commit to your own beliefs and bollocks to anyone else..... unimportant people are......well.....unimportant !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4

The general public has an effect on polititians , polititians make the laws ,

Laws and legislation banning any type of hunting wont affect me personally ,I am too old and stubborn to change my ways , but it will have an impact on future generations .

• Like 3

if no one ever put a hunting pic up again on here or on Facebook it wiuldbt make no difference to the anti , they'll only use pics from a country where hunting is legal .

don't get me wrong I don't like the killing of Cubs or even people taking pics of it but at the end of the day it's a part of the job . Nah I don't find it repulsive sorry to those that do , would folk feel any different or repulsed if it was a mother rat and a nest of little rats ?

Even on a hunting site the outrage bus is being fired up over this legal and humane pest control. I particularly like the outrage in the original photo that the Cubs were killed. What did the anti expect the guys to do? Kill the vixen and then let the Cubs starve or take them away to be bottle fed?

People are losing their minds over photos of this. And let's not forget the international outrage and policy changes that were the result of the legal hunt of 'Cecil' the lion. Yet in most of the 'developed' world it is perfectly legal (and increasingly sociably acceptable) for a woman to murder her healthy unborn child, conceived as a result of consensual sex, purely because she can't be f****d to raise it. And people line up round the block to defend this behaviour as 'a woman's choice'.

dont suppose many women take a few snaps of the aborted fetus and then stick them online !

dont suppose many women take a few snaps of the aborted fetus and then stick them online !

Well, a quick Google search reveals at least 1. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jul/09/photos-abortion-educate-empower-women

Also, with it being a medical procedure I doubt that they are allowed to take photos.

But a few short weeks ago, the Twittersphere was alive with women admitting to past abortions and proclaiming how proud they were over. They used the rather tasteful #ShoutYourAbortion...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3244385/Shout-Abortion-hashtag-trends-women-share-experiences-end-shame-stigma.html

Laws and legislation banning any type of hunting wont affect me personally ,I am too old and stubborn to change my ways , but it will have an impact on future generations .

What makes you think it will have an impact on future generations if it didnt have an impact on you ?.......after all you/we/us are the ones passing things on to the next generation.

Personally i think folk make too much of a fuss over being " accepted ".

What makes you think it will have an impact on future generations if it didnt have an impact on you ?.......after all you/we/us are the ones passing things on to the next generation.

Very true, you can please some of the people some of the time..

Their is so little of the uk that isnt urbanised that the vast majority are townies, (as am I). They are never going to on the whole approve of rural pest control, but will chuck rodenticide around their shed willy nilly, its blinkered. I remeber years ago doing a squirrel job for someone in St Albans, a artoonist for the BBC, vegeteraian kids were vegetarian, the dogs were vegetarian, I tried to humour him and say if he really wanted I might be able to relocate the critters (a lie as I had ferrets to feed LOL) for an incentive, & the reply was NO kill the b*****ds! yet they were totally against feild sports or what I would call rural pest control.

Stop being so fkin argumentative or you will be getting a slaaaaap