3/4 Gh 1/4 Beddy. Why Not ?

I,v been in and around running dogs for 40 years or more and cant ever remember seeing a 3/4 GH 1/4 beddy, never mind seen one work, there maybe a good reason for this, maybe there's better alternatives out there for folk wanting a 3/4 cross, i,v seen plenty of Beddy x GH and plenty of 3/4 Whippets 1/4 Beddy's, infact i run one. Does anyone work a 3/4 GH 1/4 Beddy and if so how do you have any pic,s or experience's you could share, cheers, buster.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had this dog about 28 to 30yrs ago, was out of spud and a whippet greyhound type off local dog track, the whippet grey was also a decent ferreting dog. The dog was 23" great nature, totally mute, dr

I saw Garry Hoskers Spud work on a few occasions it was a bit short on pace, but it certainly caught a lot of rabbits, what it lacked in pace it made up for in brains and drive, it could hunt up a rab

3/4 greyhound 1/4 beddy...       He might have been a useful animal if I had of got him as a pup. He was 3 years old when he came to me and I couldn't take to him. He just had too many faults

Posted Images

To much Grey diluting the mixture for me.Ive seen many a Beddy/Whippet combo,the Beddy/Grey combo offers that little bit more in the field.

Lads dont seem to mind 3/4 whippet though morton, no one says its too diluted then, there's been times when iam out i would have liked my 3/4 whippet to be around 26tts, but her being 22" as proberbly kept me out of jail :whistling: .

• Like 2

To much Grey diluting the mixture for me.Ive seen many a Beddy/Whippet combo,the Beddy/Grey combo offers that little bit more in the field.

Lads dont seem to mind 3/4 whippet though morton, no one says its too diluted then, there's been times when iam out i would have liked my 3/4 whippet to be around 26tts, but her being 22" as proberbly kept me out of jail :whistling: .

Beddy/GreyxBeddy/Grey,a little Collie combo and litters about 23",perfect ferreting,lamping and mooching companion.

Me an my mate have 3/8 beddy making nice strong dogs, the 1/4 beddys are out there just the lads what run the 1/4 beddy don't breed the ass out of em only when they need to, my hunting mate had one 15 year ago not much got away from him.

• Like 1

Me an my mate have 3/8 beddy making nice strong dogs, the 1/4 beddys are out there just the lads what run the 1/4 beddy don't breed the ass out of em only when they need to, my hunting mate had one 15 year ago not much got away from him.

"not much got away from him" was want to lose my attention from your post,if honesty ever played any part in lurcher ownership,poetic licence frayed the edges,unless it was Spud owned by Gary bullshitter.

• Like 2

They have the speed,highly,prey drive they will give you there all mate I have 2 3/8 5/8 one smooth one rough nice strongly built to and showing promising dogs.for years I had deerhoundxgreyhound shut they have died out from getting good stock and I wouldn't pay platty £350 for one neither.

They have the speed,highly,prey drive they will give you there all mate I have 2 3/8 5/8 one smooth one rough nice strongly built to and showing promising dogs.for years I had deerhoundxgreyhound shut they have died out from getting good stock and I wouldn't pay platty £350 for one neither.

An honest Beddy hybrid is worth its salt,an honest Deerhoundy is worth its weight in 22 carat,id not source a Deerhoundy from a puppy farmer,id not source a Beddy lurcher from a nugget mine.

• Like 1