.22 Pellet Choice Help/advice Please.

I'm at a bit of indecision about what pellets I should choose and stick to for general hunting/ pest&vermin control.

After receiving my BSA lightning se grt (gas ram technology) back from BSA under warranty because it was underpowered and I'm going to fit new pair of Niko Sterling Mountmasters 4-12x50 AO IR.I'm not sure what pellets to use?Its a choice of 3.

Will the heavier pellets give me more FT/LB and slower FT/PS.And the lighter less FT/LB but more FT/PS.Im confused.

All .22

Accupell....14.3

Jsb exact jumbo...15.89

Jsb exact R S.......13.4

Gas ram systems can be a bit of a dark art. My first choice would be the accupells.

The heavier pellet will give you more ft/lbs DEPENDING on your fps.

I'm assuming you know the equation but if you find out your fps you'll find out your power.

Pellet weight x pellet weight x fps divide 450240 = ft/lbs.

I know you'll know this but in your case:

let's say your lightening is outputting 590fps with 14.3 accupells: 11.05ft/lbs. And now 560fps with 15.89 exacts: 11.06ft/lbs

The lighter pellet will generate a higher fps but the pellet weight in the equation will equat to about the same, within reason, ft/lbs.

The answer is perhaps no, they should be about the same. About. I have guesstimated an ideal fps for your lightening by the way. However as I started they don't always work like this, especially the gas ram systems.

• Like 2

out of the 3 pellets my first choice would be rs (falcon accuracy + ) a lighter pellet out of a springer usually , also the pellets accuracy in the gun has to be considered . accupell would be my second choice when i used them some time back they were a bit harder lead than the jsb range of pellets . When I used them over the chrono ( only through one pcp) I got a one ft lbs drop in power I believe because the pellets were a little tight in the barrel , noticeable when loading the pellets . the accupells were a tight fit and a little low in power but accurate . The exact jumbos will give you a little power drop for sure but may be accurate . but gambling rs 1 accupell 2 exact jumbo 3 .

Bilbo baggins is also correct once you make your choice stick to it as you will then "lead" the inner barrel to that shaped pellet ive put accupel through my 3 rifles and only cleaned inner barrel once in god knows how many years -these rifles are super accurate at all hunting ranges

Bilbo baggins is also correct once you make your choice stick to it as you will then "lead" the inner barrel to that shaped pellet ive put accupel through my 3 rifles and only cleaned inner barrel once in god knows how many years -these rifles are super accurate at all hunting ranges

What's rifles? Lightenings?

Could`nt agree more :thumbs:

My 100 kt has never had a barrel clean since the first one when bought new (over 2yrs ago ) and has only ever shot AA fields .177 - an absolute "tack driver" of a gun.

My T Rex is exactly the same .177, AA fields.

My 100 ks .22 the same but i am about to try Falcon accuracy plus with her (light pellets).

• Like 1