Is There A Springer With A Multi Shot Mag?

Anyone ever come across a decent springer with a multi shot mag? Not something i have seen.

Obviously wouldn't be as fast at re-loading as a PCP as the spring would still need to be actuated but would it not be an advantage over fumbling to re-load a conventional single shot with cold fingers?

Can't see why the motion of cocking the spring couldn't be extended to rotate and re-load the next pellet in a mag.

Theoben SLR 98 and BSA GOLDSTAR were the only successful underllever multi-shot rifles where cocking the underlever cycled a rotary magazine. The SLR 98 was expensive and a gasram, which is not everyone's cup of tea. it didn't sell as well as thought and, being expnsive to build, it was eventually dropped as sales of multi-shot PCPs continued to offer a more cost effective alternative.

BSA Goldstar was a beautiful underlever rifle and BSA's flagship.. It was one of those rifles I wanted but never managed to buy. It was out on the shelves during the 1990s and was living proof that a multi-shot spring rifle was possible but., it was a casualty of BSA's financial woes and proved too costly to make profitably. They were selling almost at a loss. To find a mint example now, you'd be mad not to snap it up.

Spanish arms giant Gamo now own BSA and, while the name remains, the standards are nowhere near as beautiful as once they were. It is highly unlikely there will be a return to the concept the Goldstar helped to pioneer, in the face of ever-improving lower -priced PCP multi-shot rifles.

Simon

• Like 6

Theoben SLR 98 and BSA GOLDSTAR were the only successful underllever multi-shot rifles where cocking the underlever cycled a rotary magazine. The SLR 98 was expensive and a gasram, which is not everyone's cup of tea. it didn't sell as well as thought and, being expnsive to build, it was eventually dropped as sales of multi-shot PCPs continued to offer a more cost effective alternative.

BSA Goldstar was a beautiful underlever rifle and BSA's flagship.. It was one of those rifles I wanted but never managed to buy. It was out on the shelves during the 1990s and was living proof that a multi-shot spring rifle was possible but., it was a casualty of BSA's financial woes and proved too costly to make profitably. They were selling almost at a loss. To find a mint example now, you'd be mad not to snap it up.

Spanish arms giant Gamo now own BSA and, while the name remains, the standards are nowhere near as beautiful as once they were. It is highly unlikely there will be a return to the concept the Goldstar helped to pioneer, in the face of ever-improving lower -priced PCP multi-shot rifles.

Simon

That was a great read....really nice when somone asks an interesting question and you get an answer like this one...never knew any of that....thanks for sharing that...!!! Billy
  • Like 2

Blimey Griff, I'm sure you could make something that suited your needs out of an old scrap of metal and a blowtorch. You seem to be able to make everything else. :D

You know me too well Walshie i was actually considering putting a rotary mag together and retro fitting it to doner rifle. ;)

• Like 2

Simon

That was a great read....really nice when somone asks an interesting question and you get an answer like this one...never knew any of that....thanks for sharing that...!!! Billy

Second that, good info, both nice looking rifles. :thumbs: