Romeo X Mia Youngster...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few pics of our wander today,never got far at all even though we were out for over 4 hours,im dropping to bits lol,even finding it hard work walking on the level just now and thats at a snails pace

A few pics from today of my pup Mario,he's about 3 1/2 months old now as he's 4 month old on the 18th December,as of today he stands 20tts and weighs 33lb,coming on great..            

Interesting comments from various posters,...   I think we all get some hassle with young lurchers,..it's just the way of things,..however,..a massive reason why some enthusiasts encounter constant

Ok fuuck it, I've taken the plunge...... he's gonna get tested in Jan. Should be interesting without a tracker collar on :laugh:

Taken the plunge ffs, you remind me of a lad i knew when i was a kid, he turned up at my door holding his new leather caser, and said i'm not going to the field incase my ball gets dirty lolol

He's on barf mate ;)

Tbh he's not all bad just he has crazy moments and 32kg of coursing dog having a crazy

moment is quite a sight :laugh:

We've just been down the river and he's been very good, recalling almost straight away, stopping to the loud whistle and he even ignored a flock of sheep.. He is still obsessed with other dogs but that is not too bad at the river because it is heaving with rabbits and trails for him to focus on.

He's on barf mate ;)

Tbh he's not all bad just he has crazy moments and 32kg of coursing dog having a crazy

moment is quite a sight :laugh:

We've just been down the river and he's been very good, recalling almost straight away, stopping to the loud whistle and he even ignored a flock of sheep.. He is still obsessed with other dogs but that is not too bad at the river because it is heaving with rabbits and trails for him to focus on.

He'll not be able to get within striking distance of a sheep anyway weighed down with electric shock collar, tracking devices, and strait jacket etc

My bitch has really tested me to the point of wanting to break her neck with my bare hands ( she is out of snoop dog ) and even last week she f****d off over about 6 fields and ruined my mornings sport but the good out weighs the bad . When she is on she is unstoppable but it's her I'll do what I want that does my head in lol

• Like 1

:hmm:Interesting comments from various posters,...

I think we all get some hassle with young lurchers,..it's just the way of things,..however,..a massive reason why some enthusiasts encounter constant behavioural problems, is realy quite simple...(although,.being a wee bit on the slow side myself,.it has taken me a while, to accept the facts...) :wallbash:

Basically,..whilst we all like to own a well bred jukel,..there is a case for being a tad more realistic... :yes:

Some dogs have an incredible ancestory of tried and tested, purpose bred blood, flowing through their veins,..in short, they have been bred to work/run/course/...whatever..

Correspondingly,.they do not make for fireside pets, or lightly run playthings,..they are simply, too much dog!

Perhaps not worked constantly,.but,.. for the sake of a quiet life,..it is better if they are given ample opportunity to do what they were bred to do,...or,..trouble on a daily basis will usually ensue :cray:

I have learn't, that nowadays,..I no longer require a superlative bred, lean and mean, running machine,..facts are, it would be a criminal waste,..I just wouldn't use it,...SO,...I have bred the type of cur dog that befits my modest station in life. I need something that can be easily switched on and off,..Anything else, would simply go off it's fecking head with boredom...and no amount of artificial stimulation, canny training methods, or even an odd days work, will ever take the place of being pushed to the limit and run free , as Mother Nature intended....

Just my opinion mind,.. :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 11

:hmm:Interesting comments from various posters,...

I think we all get some hassle with young lurchers,..it's just the way of things,..however,..a massive reason why some enthusiasts encounter constant behavioural problems, is realy quite simple...(although,.being a wee bit on the slow side myself,.it has taken me a while, to accept the facts...) :wallbash:

Basically,..whilst we all like to own a well bred jukel,..there is a case for being a tad more realistic... :yes:

Some dogs have an incredible ancestory of tried and tested, purpose bred blood, flowing through their veins,..in short, they have been bred to work/run/course/...whatever..

Correspondingly,.they do not make for fireside pets, or lightly run playthings,..they are simply, too much dog!

Perhaps not worked constantly,.but,.. for the sake of a quiet life,..it is better if they are given ample opportunity to do what they were bred to do,...or,..trouble on a daily basis will usually ensue :cray:

I have learn't, that nowadays,..I no longer require a superlative bred, lean and mean, running machine,..facts are, it would be a criminal waste,..I just wouldn't use it,...SO,...I have bred the type of cur dog that befits my modest station in life. I need something that can be easily switched on and off,..Anything else, would simply go off it's fecking head with boredom...and no amount of artificial stimulation, canny training methods, or even an odd days work, will ever take the place of being pushed to the limit and run free , as Mother Nature intended....

Just my opinion mind,.. :thumbs:

Fully agree ;)

For me it has always been the same. Dogs trained then worked. With this cnut I don't think he will ever be as my other dogs were :laugh: