the new enforcer 170 H I D lamps must be some lamp with beam + brightness

just to give you some idea

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never filmed it,,,but the rabbit lamping film is the lurchermania films,,,,and they used 2 or 3 lamps,,and I think one was set on floodlight rather than a spot...

Take rew with ya.job done

Just an opinion,...and I might well be wrong...   But,..when using a movie camera (after dark) to capture some exciting sport with lurcher and dazzler,..the most important criteria is positioning,.

Posted Images

Lamping vids aren't difficult chaps.......one of the most important things, IMO, is to know the land and lamp from where the bunnys going to head for then all the action is close and personal......You'll catch more rabbits with two lamps than one.... :thumbs:

Why do you believe, you will catch more rabbits with two lamps mate ??

I disagree..

If your lamping in a manner as you describe with all rabbits travelling back towards your self, ones plenty..

To much light on the situation is over kill In my opinion.

Ive lamped alone and with two lamps for rabbits.

I found it makes no odd's.

Pre ban on other quarry, two would make a substantial difference.

That's a whole different ball game.

Lamping vids are not as easy as you think.

There are lots of things to contend with, there is not a lot of quality lamping footage out there,when compared to coursing footage.

The lamping is the less intensive process.

It's the editing and having adequate software and storage on the pc to handle hours of tape that start complacating things.

Making a "quality" production is hard work.

The new Enforcer 170 H I D is 4200 kelvin which equals about 2950 Lumens

so going on the plr 500 and the tracer 150 which claim to be 1200 Lumens

i thought the kelvin rating was the colour of the light?4200 is more like daylight, the higher you go the more blue but not more powerful I believe? They do a blitz 70 watt that must be a f***ing monster cos Iv been testing mine out, and was lighting up houses up on a hill the other night, measured the distance on Google and it's 670 yards lol

i thought the kelvin rating was the colour of the light?4200 is more like daylight, the higher you go the more blue but not more powerful I believe? They do a blitz 70 watt that must be a f***ing monster cos Iv been testing mine out, and was lighting up houses up on a hill the other night, measured the distance on Google and it's 670 yards lol
70w led would be some serious light, you csnt dim led either can you. And yeah i thought the 4000odd rating ment more whiter and closer to 9000 was blue. Thats how it is in led car lights. How long does the enforcer last??

70w led would be some serious light, you csnt dim led either can you. And yeah i thought the 4000odd rating ment more whiter and closer to 9000 was blue. Thats how it is in led car lights. How long does the enforcer last??
i had a 50 w tracer on lithium 10 amp, that's 2-30mins continuously. The new HID lamps have lower draw on battery? But even if it's the same it's still 50w so about 2-30mins lol...plenty enough. And the HID 170 will open people's eyes lol

Why do you believe, you will catch more rabbits with two lamps mate ??

I disagree..

If your lamping in a manner as you describe with all rabbits travelling back towards your self, ones plenty..

To much light on the situation is over kill In my opinion.

Ive lamped alone and with two lamps for rabbits.

I found it makes no odd's.

Pre ban on other quarry, two would make a substantial difference.

That's a whole different ball game.

Lamping vids are not as easy as you think.

There are lots of things to contend with, there is not a lot of quality lamping footage out there,when compared to coursing footage.

The lamping is the less intensive process.

It's the editing and having adequate software and storage on the pc to handle hours of tape that start complacating things.

Making a "quality" production is hard work.

GIRO, I'm only speaking from experience....... :victory:

Let's just say I've done my fair share of lamping videos, starting a LONG time ago...... :thumbs:

That's like saying taking a photo is easy..

We can all point a camera..

Getting a good shot is something else..

Making a quality product is not so easy..

That's from experience..

Well, it looks like we're both speaking from experience then. BUT, I reckon I've a few more years filming experience than you and I don't find lamping films difficult at all.

But hey, that's just me......

So, good luck to ya..... :thumbs:

p.s, would love to see a few of your lamping pics...... :whistling: :whistling: