What Is It Like Lamplng The Dales

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best night for me,,a few year back,,,I was on my own just me and the dog,,,she got 63 that night,,,61 in the pic,,vin came up in the morning and we did some ferreting,,,and broke me bloody finger fall

at least something in the picture looks fit lol .........

Good luck with that one!!!!! Once people start hammering a place you won't get them to stop. Once the word gets out you won't get it back in. When you find a good place for hunting or fishing the b

Posted Images

If your going to lamp the dales Navek you had beter go in the daytime first and do some home work.Because it can be a dangers place at night to a stranger Been going up there 30years + and had two dogs killed lamping.Some deep holes and sheer drops.

• Like 1

The Dales have been in decline for 20 years. You think back to the mid 90's, there as a huge area that lifted with rabbits both day and night. From over Lancashire way, south to fewston and right across to the Wolds, the place was heaving with them. Then the hot spots started getting smaller and the area started contracting. I know the places where we were going in the late 90's hardly have a rabbit on the place.......This was long before the snow of 2010......

Something else is affecting them and I really don't know what. There's less dog men than ever and the rabbits are more immune to myxi than ever and yet their numbers are dropping bit by bit.

Fact is, the Dales are a shadow of their former self. Yes theres stil rabbits to be had, BUT even in these places we will see the numbers dropping and maybe in some of our lifetimes we might see the humble bunny extinct across much of the Dales.....

• Like 3

The Dales have been in decline for 20 years. You think back to the mid 90's, there as a huge area that lifted with rabbits both day and night. From over Lancashire way, south to fewston and right across to the Wolds, the place was heaving with them. Then the hot spots started getting smaller and the area started contracting. I know the places where we were going in the late 90's hardly have a rabbit on the place.......This was long before the snow of 2010......

Something else is affecting them and I really don't know what. There's less dog men than ever and the rabbits are more immune to myxi than ever and yet their numbers are dropping bit by bit.

Fact is, the Dales are a shadow of their former self. Yes theres stil rabbits to be had, BUT even in these places we will see the numbers dropping and maybe in some of our lifetimes we might see the humble bunny extinct across much of the Dales.....

RVHD...?

After reading some of the posts that the rabbit numbers are nothing on

what they use to be maybe some of the dale need to be left alone

or spread some of those rabbits about to breed for the summer

just a thought...

Good luck with that one!!!!! :D Once people start hammering a place you won't get them to stop. Once the word gets out you won't get it back in.

When you find a good place for hunting or fishing the best thing is to shut up about it...... Completely, not even any hints, that's my experience anyway.

Edited by Maximus Ferret
  • Like 6

just a thought...

Good luck with that one!!!!! :D Once people start hammering a place you won't get them to stop. Once the word gets out you won't get it back in.

When you find a good place for hunting or fishing the best thing is to shut up about it...... Completely, not even any hints, that's my experience anyway.

...and dont go upsetting land agents :whistling:

Y.I.S Leeview

just a thought...

...and dont go upsetting land agents :whistling:

Y.I.S Leeview

Except when it's unavoidable. :D

• Like 1