What Is It Like Lamplng The Dales

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best night for me,,a few year back,,,I was on my own just me and the dog,,,she got 63 that night,,,61 in the pic,,vin came up in the morning and we did some ferreting,,,and broke me bloody finger fall

at least something in the picture looks fit lol .........

Good luck with that one!!!!! Once people start hammering a place you won't get them to stop. Once the word gets out you won't get it back in. When you find a good place for hunting or fishing the b

Posted Images

When we wanted to see what all the fuss was about with the dales But didn't have a clue where to go.... So I just did a search on here and 2/3 places kept popping up!! so we headed to these places mentioned and low and be hold they were lifting with rabbits! So every couple of weeks for the last 3 seasons we head for the dales day/night ;) and it's true what they say bout rabbits in the dales being easier, we've just got average dogs but they look like film stars up there.....

what numbers you catch on an average night ???
33 was the least we've ever had,, the most 84
  • Like 1

Spoke to a lad who goes up regularly said his 3/4 terrir 1/4 whippet had 65+ ....said 90 % off them just sat tight and were taken strait out seat or ran in to the dry stone walls.....said the hardes part about lamping the dales in walking up and down the banks and carrying them to the cars..

Aldo said the numbers are getting less and less but I assume that's because everyone taking shitloads of numbers a night.

I've noticed a certain members bags have been getting smaller and smaller over the years

In my humble and honest opinion the Dales is well and truly on its way out.

Over the last 4 years especially after that really bad winter with the late snows in March,The populations have never recovered..In places where we could ferret warrens and pull 5 out of a stop end there is maybe 1 0r 2 in the whole warren nowadays.. Every winter the numbers decrease and they just haven't had the time or opportunity to recover.

Places we go day and night hold about a 3rd of what they would normally hold... Obviously there are hotspots in certain areas because of people advertising and telling the whole world where they go and posting pictures and maps of where they have been for all and sundry to follow and have a go at themselves.

Fact of the matter is...That even in areas where no one else goes and there's no way they're getting poached by the Fly-by-Night Shitesters with no Permissions...The numbers are still very very Low.

The keepers and the estate managers have concluded that if there's no bunnies to catch,There will be no Outsiders coming in to chase them.

Drop boxes and shooting/trapping/hunting of the humble bunnies has been added to their workloads and the fact that the Gundog Fraternity will pay good money for live bunnies adds just a few more reasons into the demise of our greatest little adversary.

Durham,Northumberland and Scotland are the next places that will be feeling the pinch.

ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN CHAPS. . . As History tells us.. All good things must come to an end...lol. Anyone remember Bakewell in the 1980s ? ... I have still never seen as many rabbits anywhere to this day.

Very north of Scotlands fine hardly see a lurcher in the north...but south Scotland it's said to be bad with all the whincocks dogs crossing or border lol

Well Geordies were allways better hunters than the Scots anyway surely. :whistling:
The geordies can't pull them self's away from the pub and the bookies at dog tracks most nights Edited by MR RABBIT
  • Like 1

Vin, you have hit the nail right on the head there in the last 4 seasons our bags have been getting less and less, we have only been 3 times this season, the last trip we had there we walked all morning, the lurcher never marked a warren and we only saw 5 rabbits, it's all but over for us this season, before it's got going,just relaying on an odd day here and there now once the cover has died off abit. The bad winter then the always present myxie has put pay to the humble rabbit.

N

Over the last 4 years especially after that really bad winter with the late snows in March,The populations have never recovered..In places where we could ferret warrens and pull 5 out of a stop end there is maybe 1 0r 2 in the whole warren nowadays.. Every winter the numbers decrease and they just haven't had the time or opportunity to recover.

Places we go day and night hold about a 3rd of what they would normally hold... Obviously there are hotspots in certain areas because of people advertising and telling the whole world where they go and posting pictures and maps of where they have been for all and sundry to follow and have a go at themselves.

Yes

Fact of the matter is...That even in areas where no one else goes and there's no way they're getting poached by the Fly-by-Night Shitesters with no Permissions...The numbers are still very very Low.

The keepers and the estate managers have concluded that if there's no bunnies to catch,There will be no Outsiders coming in to chase them.

Drop boxes and shooting/trapping/hunting of the humble bunnies has been added to their workloads and the fact that the Gundog Fraternity will pay good money for live bunnies adds just a few more reasons into the demise of our greatest little adversary.

Durham,Northumberland and Scotland are the next places that will be feeling the pinch.

ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN CHAPS. . . As History tells us.. All good things must come to an end...lol. Anyone remember Bakewell in the 1980s ? ... I have still never seen as many rabbits anywhere to this day.

Yes i remember bakewell and carver i got caught there lamping in1985

the thing his vin ,,these young keepers are getting the taste of the cash,,,,from the bunnys,,,most think i go to the dales infact most times im miles from there,,you have to play this game crafty,lol,

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 1

the thing his vin ,,these young keepers are getting the taste of the cash,,,,from the bunnys,,,most think i go to the dales infact most times im miles from there,,,you have to play this game crafty,,,lol your right,,edrd,,, it there side line to make some cash,,,

Edited by tjones3862