Anyone Fishing For Barbel..?

Muskham stretch lazy fishing

Are you French by any chance? They can't seem to fish more than five metres from their vans :laugh:

I actually beat that last week. I ad my camper van parked 3 metres from my rods, watching them through the door from the reclining armchair, glass of wine to hand and the Truma heater on full chat ;)

In that pic you can see my wires goin into truck to sounder box clipped on rear view mirror! recline pasenger seat and job done, even got drinks holder for a couple beers!!! 5 mins to get fishing 3 mins to pack up. perfect for me at the minute.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

me my mate and his lad have had around 80plus fish from same stretch some recaptures. Get up your pics.atb

Just started getting the kids fishing the river

There's no better fighting fish in the UK imo.rather catch a double figure barbel from running water than a 40 lb plus carp.highly addictive once you start lol.atb dc

Posted Images

Muskham stretch lazy fishing

Are you French by any chance? They can't seem to fish more than five metres from their vans :laugh:

I actually beat that last week. I ad my camper van parked 3 metres from my rods, watching them through the door from the reclining armchair, glass of wine to hand and the Truma heater on full chat ;)

In that pic you can see my wires goin into truck to sounder box clipped on rear view mirror! recline pasenger seat and job done, even got drinks holder for a couple beers!!! 5 mins to get fishing 3 mins to pack up. perfect for me at the minute.

Can't fault you. Making the most of a short session takes planning and application. I work as a mole trapper three days a week, and two of those are half days. My work takes me around a 60km radius that includes four decent rivers and on those half days I'll have a rod or two and some tackle and bait in the van. I can pull up at a river and be fishing inside five minutes, using the back of the van as a bivvy if the weather is bad. :D

IF YOU LOOKED BACK TWENTY OR TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO AND SAID YOU HAD CAUGHT BARBEL IN EVERY MOUNTH OF THE FISHING SEASON PEOPLE WOULD HAVE LAUGHT AT YOU WITH GLOBLE WARMING AND WETTER WINTERS ITS EASLY DONE NOW THE BARBEL ARE NO LONGER LAYED DORMENT FOR MOUNTHS AT A TIME THEY WILL BE FEEDING THROUGH OUT THESE WARMER CONDITIONS SO IN MY EYES THAT MUST MEAN GROWTH PERSONLY I THINK THERE WILL BE A FEW SUPPRISES THROWN UP IN THE NEXT TEN YEARS ALSO WATER QUALITY HAS CHANGED FOR THE BEST ONLY A GOOD THING FOR FISHING IN GENERAL OFF TO SORT THE DOGS NOW ATB

they are doing well in the river clyde now

Had a shortish session this afternoon. My mole patrol took me out to the Charente valley and as I'd finished my jobs by 1:30 I headed for a swim I'd reccied a couple of months ago. As the forecast was for thunderstorms all afternoon I'd got the brolly to keep the dog dry.

2016-04-13%2015.12.07_zps1y0fbmjh.jpg

2016-04-13%2015.21.10_zpssayrov5h.jpg

2016-04-13%2015.00.31_zpsfbcnkvjq.jpg

2016-04-13%2014.48.26_zpsjqkae3in.jpg

• Like 3

Had a shortish session this afternoon. My mole patrol took me out to the Charente valley and as I'd finished my jobs by 1:30 I headed for a swim I'd reccied a couple of months ago. As the forecast was for thunderstorms all afternoon I'd got the brolly to keep the dog dry.

errrrrrrrm....guessing this is in a pond???

Wash your mouth out! Pond indeed :tongue2:

• Like 2

Wash your mouth out! Pond indeed :tongue2:

Just noticed location.

sorry!!!

do you have catfish to go for aswell there?

• 1 month later...

Bump-roll on the glorious 16th!!!.atb dc

All my bait is bought, all my rigs are tied, stocked up on feeders and leads. New bivvy and bedchair and also got a new pod to try for the rivers, the prologic tri Sky. Very sturdy and seems a quality piece of kit...

• Like 2

All my bait is bought, all my rigs are tied, stocked up on feeders and leads. New bivvy and bedchair and also got a new pod to try for the rivers, the prologic tri Sky. Very sturdy and seems a quality piece of kit...

Ive bought same pod aswell looks a goid bit of kit, the real test is when theres a barbel on the end though!

Ive bought same pod aswell looks a goid bit of kit, the real test is when theres a barbel on the end though!

You can dig them into the ground so I think they will be okay can't wait to use it