Anyone Fishing For Barbel..?

IF YOU LOOKED BACK TWENTY OR TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO AND SAID YOU HAD CAUGHT BARBEL IN EVERY MOUNTH OF THE FISHING SEASON PEOPLE WOULD HAVE LAUGHT AT YOU WITH GLOBLE WARMING AND WETTER WINTERS ITS EASLY DONE NOW THE BARBEL ARE NO LONGER LAYED DORMENT FOR MOUNTHS AT A TIME THEY WILL BE FEEDING THROUGH OUT THESE WARMER CONDITIONS SO IN MY EYES THAT MUST MEAN GROWTH PERSONLY I THINK THERE WILL BE A FEW SUPPRISES THROWN UP IN THE NEXT TEN YEARS ALSO WATER QUALITY HAS CHANGED FOR THE BEST ONLY A GOOD THING FOR FISHING IN GENERAL OFF TO SORT THE DOGS NOW ATB

yeah, fair comments. All good points.

Personally Im suprised the trent hasnt thrown up a record barbel yet. dont think it will be long. see more and more 17+ fish coming out....in the news I might add, not in my net!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

me my mate and his lad have had around 80plus fish from same stretch some recaptures. Get up your pics.atb

Just started getting the kids fishing the river

There's no better fighting fish in the UK imo.rather catch a double figure barbel from running water than a 40 lb plus carp.highly addictive once you start lol.atb dc

Posted Images

Anyone with half a brain won't be shouting it out if they caught a 20lb barbel,I wouldn't that's for sure,end up dead like all the big carp that any monkey can fish for on a day ticket imo,if you got a top spot then keep it to yourself and close friends.I won't fish for them again until around August time -let everyone hammer them start of the season then I will pick off my target fish.atb dc

Anyone with half a brain won't be shouting it out if they caught a 20lb barbel,I wouldn't that's for sure,end up dead like all the big carp that any monkey can fish for on a day ticket imo,if you got a top spot then keep it to yourself and close friends.I won't fish for them again until around August time -let everyone hammer them start of the season then I will pick off my target fish.atb dc

If I caught a 20lb barbel I wouldnt be telling anyone where it came from. However there is enough numpties about who would get the magazines in and tell em the rig the bait and everything just to get there pic in there!

• Like 2

IM SURE IT WILL MATE HOPE YOU CATCH IT GOIN TO HAVE A GO AT THE TRENT NEXT SEASON ANY ADVISE ON A GOOD STARTING POINT CHEERS

Theres only a few places I fish. one of the best was 'free' but a right trek from the car. Thats why I liked it at the time though because a lot of people convenience fish....due to family comitments I am now one of thise very people!!! I once asked in a tackle shop where was decent on the trent and was told if you fish somewhere between where it starts and ends then you will be on the barbel. at the time i thought he was being a cok but its true. Its full of em but can be tempermental.

there is a stretch at North Muskham which is 20quid for the year and when the weather is good you can get motor behind you.

try scunthorpe pisces angling club SPAC. they have some good stretches. lady pitt farm is particularly good if you prefer or are used to smaller rivers. think that is 36quid for the year and has four or five trent sections.

Its a big ol' river and at times in certain places you wont hold bottom with 6-7oz. be careful where you fish aswell because when it comes up its fast. Me and a friend were very nearly stranded once. we knew it was coming up but when we noticed it carried on past normal levels we packed up and it was water up to the nuts getting out.

• Like 1

Muskham stretch lazy fishing

This does look proper lazy but I usually go in last hour of light and I am off at first light to get home to the jobs! Because of this I use the trooper as my bivvy so I maximise my fishing time as much as possible.

CHEERS FOR THE INFO ON THE TRENT MATE GOING TO LOOK INTO IT MAYBE HAVE ME FIRST TRENT BARB THIS COMEING SEASON NICE ONE

If you have a good session you could have your first ten Trent barries with half a dozen doubles in there for good measure!!!

Muskham stretch lazy fishing

Are you French by any chance? They can't seem to fish more than five metres from their vans :laugh:

I actually beat that last week. I ad my camper van parked 3 metres from my rods, watching them through the door from the reclining armchair, glass of wine to hand and the Truma heater on full chat ;)