Anyone Fishing For Barbel..?

NEAREST TO ME IS THE MOLE NR DORKING SURRY FISHED THE KENNET ALOT OVER THE YEARS IN THE PAST 10 YEARS ALSO FISHED THE WYE AND THE SEVERN BIGGEST FISH TO DATE 15 2 OUT OF THE MOLE ABOUT 6 SEASONS AGO HAD A 9 10 THAT DAY AS WELL ATB

• Like 3

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

me my mate and his lad have had around 80plus fish from same stretch some recaptures. Get up your pics.atb

Just started getting the kids fishing the river

There's no better fighting fish in the UK imo.rather catch a double figure barbel from running water than a 40 lb plus carp.highly addictive once you start lol.atb dc

Posted Images

NEAREST TO ME IS THE MOLE NR DORKING SURRY FISHED THE KENNET ALOT OVER THE YEARS IN THE PAST 10 YEARS ALSO FISHED THE WYE AND THE SEVERN BIGGEST FISH TO DATE 15 2 OUT OF THE MOLE ABOUT 6 SEASONS AGO HAD A 9 10 THAT DAY AS WELL ATB

I know a guy who caught a 17 pound barbel on a very underestimated stretch of the mole,its a great little river.

• Like 1

YES MATE THEY ARE IN THERE PLENTY OF BLANK SESSIONS BUT USUALLY A GOOD FISH WHEN THE ROD RAPS ROUND WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT HAVE SEEN PHOTOS OF A COUPLE OF REAL BIGGUNS 1 AT 18 PLUS AND ONE 19 PLUS THE FELLA WHO CAUGHT THEM FISHES 6 OR 7 DAYS A WEEK SOMETIMES WITHOUT A BITE FOR WEEKS THATS WAT I CALL DEDICATED AND DESERVES HIS REWARDS ATB

• Like 2

Cheers mate,can't say I've ever heard of it,next season I want to travel abit more England way and try a few bigger rivers,fished the taff,seven,wye,rhummney and Ely for them.seen a few nice stretches when passing through bath way and would like to try the Avon, always fancied the wensum ,what rivers are near you?atb dc

If your ever up north the ribble's a cracking river for barbel , chub and silverfish . Most of it is club stretches but there's a few dt stretches , the most well known being the tickled trout where the m6 crosses it at Preston , there's also a good free stretch further downstream . It's a big powerful river that can be double snaggy but the fishing can be awesome .

• Like 5

ALWAYS FANCIED A GO AT THE TRENT ANY INFO ON DT VENUES WOULD BE GREAT CHEERS

Not fished it myself but the stretch behind the A1 pits is dt , think the tickets are from the A1 pits themselves . Going to try the odd session on the trent myself this season along with the severn , dove and teme just as a change of scenery from the ribble

• Like 1

FISHED THE SEVERN ALOT MATE HAD SOME GREAT DAYS THE TEME IVE FISHED TWICE HAD A FISH ON THE FIRST OCCASION AND 4 ON THE SECOND WAS TOLD BY A LOCAL IT WAS NOT THE RIVER OF OLD AFTER THE FLOODS THEY HAD AND A LOT OF FISH WERE LEFT ON THE FEILDS THAT WAS ABOUT 8 YEARS AGO NOW BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO FISH MUST GET BACK THIS SEASON CRACKING RIVER FISH ABOUT THE 8 POUND MARK GREAT SCRAPPERS

• Like 2

I FISHED ON A SYDICATE STRETCH THE OTHER SIDE OF WOUSTER MET ME MATE AT THE FOX PUB I THINK THATS WHAT IT WAS CALLED LONG TIME AGO NOW I NO IT WAS REAL GOOD FISHING BEFORE THE FLOODS THE FELLOW WHO TOOK ME THERE FISHES THE WYE NOW SO THAT TELLS YOU HOW IT HAS CHANGED THERES STILL FISH TO BE HAD BUT NOT WHAT IT WAS SHAME AS A LOVELY RIVER TO FISH

• Like 1

Just been searching on one of my clubs forums about the teme and they are saying the same as you about it not being as good as it used to be so I think I'll swerve it and try a couple of stretches of the Wye at Ross on Wye we have instead

• Like 1

I FISH AROUND ROSE MYSELF NEIL BEEN A MEMBER OF ROSS AA FOR SIX SEASONS HAD SOME GOOD DAYS ON THERE WATER THERES A CRACKING STRETCH ABOUT FOUR MILES FROM ROSS HAD SOME OF MY BEST DAYS FISHING THERE CAN GIVE YOU SOME DETAILS IF YOUR FISHING THAT WAY

• Like 1