Patterdale X Greyhound

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You've a million times more chance of getting a working Patt then a Bull,Wheaton,Irish or Bedlington and that's a FACT!! We have some Patts,fearless,granite,mute,no reverse EVER and great amongst kids

My young lad has been pestering me for a running dog for a while so I said I would get him something small ...he has proved to me that he is ready after seeing him work his spaniel . I have been look

Ive talked a lot with Bosun, about adding working terrier blood when I breed my small bitch in a year or two. This thread has gone off comparing bull type to earthdog blood. I dont really understand w

Posted Images

it does sound a handy cross if the pat came from proven lines ,it could a good alrounder . My wife used to have a whippetx jrt which was good at the useal quarry as been sad the pat seems to be the choice terrier at the moment, so who know the patx greyhound could be the next big thing.

I think you would need a small greyhound bitch or build a platform the stud or stand the bitch in a hole so the stud would be able to cover her.

I think a 3/4 whippet 1/4 patterdale would be a handy type.

too small IMO. You'd be better off with a greyhound bitch about 27 lol
As a ferreting dog they sound just the dog be nice to see a pic of 1. Likes been said maybe people will look at the patterdale as the next blood for a lurcher. They are as game as they come basically like a apbt but in small form. Bull X grey. Pat X whippet.

Had a couple of conversations with Moorside about this cross.

I'd always plump for a greyhound when crossing a terrier but more importantly choose your Patterdale well. There are lines of good straight fronted, hard jacketed, leggy ones out there if you look enough and it'd only be that type i'd use.

Had a couple of conversations with Moorside about this cross.

I'd always plump for a greyhound when crossing a terrier but more importantly choose your Patterdale well. There are lines of good strait fronted, hard jacketed, leggy ones out there if you look enough and it'd only be that type i'd use.

We have that type around us but only pups, hopefully makes the grade but who knows, it's just something to think about ??

• Like 1

I've had a patterdale quite leggy, he breed with my collie x jack. I've still got one of offspring here, I'd love to breed from her but she's 10 now an never had pups so missed the boat there, shes a great little dog. Breed her with a whippet or a greyhound I rekon she'd have some handy pups.

Edited by stevo79