Don't Some Things Make You Feel Old

Just been seeing my new grandson put a big smile on my face but my son said to me what is it like being a grandad for the first time soon wiped the smile off my face god I feel old ,smile went back on my face hopefully there will be another lurcher lad on the scene soon

• Like 6

Can we ask how old you are? I never felt old being called daddy but when my 2 year old called me dad it hit me like a ton of bricks for some reason....I called my dad dad, massive shock.

Well done on the grandchild though pal

Imagine how my poor mother felt when I broke the news that she was going to be a grandmother at the ripe old age of 32! :icon_eek::laugh: She was 33 when my daughter was born..

Congrats on the new arrival FF! :good:

They say the worst thing about being a grandad is having to sleep with a granny.

I became a grandad for the first time in the summer its great....but bollocks to sleeping with a granny mines not even a mum ....you just gotta plan ahead with these things :D

Bloody hell Malt a grand parent at 33.......if my maths is up to scratch at this rate there could be 6 living generations by the time she,s 80:icon_eek:

Edited by gnasher16

I've 2 grandsons 7 & 2 Sonny & Archie , I've more time on my hands for them than I did for my kids when they where little , then it was work work work , I was 19 when my daughter was born she's 29 now & I'm 48 , so becoming a granddad at 41 was strange ;) , I will celebrate 30yrs with the Mrs come the 2nd of next month . . And we've never married !!

• Like 1

They say the worst thing about being a grandad is having to sleep with a granny.

I became a grandad for the first time in the summer its great....but bollocks to sleeping with a granny mines not even a mum ....you just gotta plan ahead with these things :D

Bloody hell Malt a grand parent at 33.......if my maths is up to scratch at this rate there could be 6 living generations by the time she,s 80:icon_eek:

:laugh: No chance of that, my daughter is now 21 and sensible! :D We've only ever got as far as 4 generations together, got a pic at home somewhere! :)