Best Earth Dog You've Had An What Way Bred."

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please excuse my punctuation, not so much grammer or spelling mistakes. I'm on some bad medication at the moment for panic attacks and sometimes im not at all coherent! However, I will try my best. I

Best dig or rather best fox accounted for was in a pile of dumped paving slabs roughly 6 foot deep near a concrete works near me .We were looking for a chicken killer and found a trail of feathers fro

A couple of years ago my mate got a call out from a farmer who had just seen a fox go to ground. The farmer had been combining & had seen a fox go to ground in a single holer out in the wheat fiel

Posted Images

Best dig or rather best fox accounted for was in a pile of dumped paving slabs roughly 6 foot deep near a concrete works near me .We were looking for a chicken killer and found a trail of feathers from a farmers yard to the slabs so in with a terrier hoping for a bolt that never happened .The dog was Spud owned by a mate ,a black smooth coat .With a torch we were able to see the pair toing and froing and it took us a good few ours to get down but the fox was over a sheet of iron rushing the dog when he came forward and punishing him .The fox was still covered by slabs swell so we removed these allowing the dog around and account for his fox .Best terrier owned was Willow ,a bitch that was NS x mine that was bomb proof ,should of called her martiny ,any time any place any where .

• Like 9

It was my first ever dig , it was a frosty morning in early april and I went to feed the hens noticed feathers everwhere and sprinted back into the house like a march hare. Shouting very loudly and full of anger Da... A fxxking fox killed are hens we went out and followed a line of feathers bout 250yards behind are house, and thier was one black hen after foxy killed 6 . Anyway the russell followed us up and went to ground I was amused and taking in by this instantly. So my father sent me down for a spade an shovel which I did Not a bother says I, Only to happy to get of school but I was actually more worried in getting charlie, After alot of digging from my auld fella and a little bit from me we got in and the vixen was their but the russel was welded to him altough he did mix this vixen as i remember him baying the odd time no coller either, hard to say how far down but i would guess 4 foot of sliggy type ground. But vixen was dispatch by the old man while the russel was still very eager to go ,know wonder their was three cubs behind her , I was the happiest chap in eire and told all my friends about this great day but they were not so amused. That was my best dig and ill take it to the grave with me.

Edited by howdeeposxxt
  • Like 6

Best dig or rather best fox accounted for was in a pile of dumped paving slabs roughly 6 foot deep near a concrete works near me .We were looking for a chicken killer and found a trail of feathers from a farmers yard to the slabs so in with a terrier hoping for a bolt that never happened .The dog was Spud owned by a mate ,a black smooth coat .With a torch we were able to see the pair toing and froing and it took us a good few ours to get down but the fox was over a sheet of iron rushing the dog when he came forward and punishing him .The fox was still covered by slabs swell so we removed these allowing the dog around and account for his fox .Best terrier owned was Willow ,a bitch that was NS x mine that was bomb proof ,should of called her martiny ,any time any place any where .

All that line breeding and your best terrier was an outcross?

lol interesting observation mango !!!

think it's known as hybrid vigour

Not an outcross mate ,part of another line started 15 years ago but admittedly not all mine .If its a dig no doubt you will entertain us with an account of one of yours or are you just a stirring type .

This particular bitch was one of the first offspring i had from the mating and kept .She had an untimely end through trapping a nerve in her back when jumping off the back of my truck before i could restrain her .She never stood for a dog preffering to fight them instead .She was a one off but there you go ,make of it what you will .

• Like 1

Not an outcross mate ,part of another line started 15 years ago but admittedly not all mine .If its a dig no doubt you will entertain us with an account of one of yours or are you just a stirring type .

This particular bitch was one of the first offspring i had from the mating and kept .She had an untimely end through trapping a nerve in her back when jumping off the back of my truck before i could restrain her .She never stood for a dog preffering to fight them instead .She was a one off but there you go ,make of it what you will .

It was a question mate not a criticism, does'nt alter the fact you said ns x yours which I took to mean an outcross.if I have the wrong end of the stick I apologise.
  • Like 1

Best memorable dig was we had finished for the day and doing the normal one last one on the way home routine. I ve never dug it any deeper than 6 foot my mate said . The final mark was 4.9m and one lad surprisingly had to go. Why it was memorable was after we eventually broke through in the pitch black I fell backwards into the dig with my head in the stop end. I ain't good in tight places and my mate could nt pull me by my feet cos the twxx was on his knees laughing. And the dog was old nuttall stuff sent from Ireland .

• Like 5