Carpenter, Door Fitting

I need 7 Internal doors fitted, just the common light weight 6 panel moulded doors, I have all the doors and fittings.

This is proving hard work. Only found a couple but they are not able to fit for 4-5 weeks, I'm not looking for tomorrow (although that would be great) but a bit sooner would be useful.

I'm in the Reading area, anyone know a decent carpenter who could do the job for me please asap?

THANK YOU.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All this bollix about people being better than joiners at hanging doors, utter nonsense, do it yourself, but make sure the heads are straight if you put them on like most handymen they look crap. An

Have a crack at it, you`ll only lose a score if you mess up assuming you won`t then try the other 6 ... And if it goes to plan, you`ll save yourself a few quid. I had a "door off" at mine, one pal w

go in the nearest building site when their on the lunch break,offer it as a homer

Posted Images

Have a crack at it, you`ll only lose a score if you mess up assuming you won`t then try the other 6 :D ... And if it goes to plan, you`ll save yourself a few quid.

I had a "door off" at mine, one pal was a chippy and the other was a shop fitter then there was me... Have a guess who`s door was the best :toast:

Make sure you got the right size doors, cos if you buy too big, intending to cut and plane them down you will probably cut the baton`s out the edges of the door trying to make it fit, then it is muffed.

• Like 2

I have done doors before, and probably do a better job than most fitters, but it takes me 2 or 3 times as long

Right now I have a lot of other things on the go and a broken ankle so I could do with some help.

Cheers

• Like 1

Yeah... Probably not advisable with a broken ankle. But your right, you probably would do a better job. We`ve had some shocking repairs done here, things I know I could have done better, but I think fukc it, we pay a shitload in rent, let them fix it...

I have done doors before, and probably do a better job than most fitters, but it takes me 2 or 3 times as long

Right now I have a lot of other things on the go and a broken ankle so I could do with some help.

Cheers

have you got any family members to help you, I used to help my old man as a kid, just take the weight of the door/ wedge etc. and we done then in no time , even when he had to take a bit of them, and rehang deff 2 pair of hands make the job very quick :yes:

All this bollix about people being better than joiners at hanging doors, utter nonsense, do it yourself, but make sure the heads are straight if you put them on like most handymen they look crap. And if ever going to sell your house it will be pointed out that they look shabby, therefor needing replaced and the bidding drops. Like any other skilled job get the best you can afford to do it, it pays off in the long run. If the joiner is any good then they should look top job

• Like 5

All this bollix about people being better than joiners at hanging doors, utter nonsense, do it yourself, but make sure the heads are straight if you put them on like most handymen they look crap. And if ever going to sell your house it will be pointed out that they look shabby, therefor needing replaced and the bidding drops. Like any other skilled job get the best you can afford to do it, it pays off in the long run. If the joiner is any good then they should look top job

You may have noticed I've asked for someone to do it, but so far no takers.......

You may have noticed I've asked for someone to do it, but so far no takers.......

yes mate, but I'm only giving you advice as I'm a joiner and know what to look for, and the amount of times I've been called to fix balls ups lolol. Trust me mate the difference between a joiner and a have a go hero is like night n day. Hope ya get sorted.
  • Like 1

yes mate, but I'm only giving you advice as I'm a joiner and know what to look for, and the amount of times I've been called to fix balls ups lolol. Trust me mate the difference between a joiner and a have a go hero is like night n day. Hope ya get sorted.

Are you available?

Edited by Deker

Are you available?

wrong country mate lol

go in the nearest building site when their on the lunch break,offer it as a homer

That's what I did with a plasterer recently, it took me 4 months of serious effort to sort out his expert/professional job.

post-10759-0-41391500-1443693863_thumb.jpg post-10759-0-73816000-1443693906_thumb.jpg

Just a couple of areas, the whole job was like this.

post-10759-0-39806000-1443693959_thumb.jpg

Some of the sanding I had to do to sort out the surface finish which was like an undulating rough sea, also visible some of the white filler I had to put all over the house to fill the troughs or bits he missed altogether.. That's my skirting board hiding under that plaster dust!

Shocking job!

ANYWAY.

I still need someone to fit some doors please! :yes:

Edited by Deker