Hard Dogs How Many.

Personally I couldn't give two shits about the cock measures who are out there but when they are giving ammunition to the anti's, the police and the politicians who want all forms of hunting banned then it does affect me.

Go onto any anti hunting web-site and look at all the quotes and photos of lads posing with injured dogs and dead foxes and what they're boasting about.

Do you's reckon these are antis dressed up as terriermen ?

Do you reckon the wounds on the dogs are make-up ?

Do you reckon the foxes are road kill ?

No, the truth is that all these photos etc. were given to the anti's and the authorities by the lads who put them up on the WWW themselves.

There's even a post up above where some one mentions terriers getting smashed up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was it made of porcelain ?

If some poor fellow did actually find himself in front of the judge (and it could happen to any of us) where do you think the prosecution will get what they need to educate a judge or a jury about terrierwork ?

Countrymans weekly ?

I don't think so.

They'll just take it off the WWW ,there's dozen's of clowns giving it to them.

Here in Ireland at the moment wildlife crime such as badger digging and hare coursing using lurchers is being put under the same umbrella as wildlife crime such as the ivory trade. The media is telling the public that wildlife crime is linked to organised crime.

Who will the public believe ? An anti who says terrierwork is barbaric or a terrierman who mentions that his terriers get smashed up ?

The police and wildlife service over here now are even attending gunclub meetings to educate shooting men on the evils of terriers and lurchers.

There's even been calls for a special police task force to be set up to tackle wildlife crime here in Eire.

And then in the wide open on the WWW you have idiots discussing smashed up dogs !!!!!!!!!

My daughters being coming out digging with me since she was 5. She's now 18 and her friends don't even know she goes digging.

WHY ? Because they don't need to know and she is able to keep her mouth shut.

We need to get our act together regarding this inter-net and the harm it's doing and then keep our act clean.

Like I said before, those of us who are out regularly know what digging is and looks like so why come home and come on here to tell the world how great we are using stupid childish expressions like "smashed up" .

At the end of the day it's those who care about the working terrier who'll suffer, not the 2 week wannabee wonders.

• Like 6

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think everyone has a different opinion on what is called a hard terrier.Some will call a terrier that can kill fox to ground on a regular basis hard where others will say the dog just has a nack for

Mute dog would not keep it I like the sound of sounding under my feet to much most of what I come across is educated stuff and I dig them with bayer mixer types I have no need for hard dog just my opi

Have to disagree as some places can be layered maybe 3-4 different levels spread over a wide area and a fox moving about in front of a terrier will leave scent all over the place leaving it very hard

Posted Images

Its good to have people to put uneducated guys like me straight for the good of the sport, but to me its terriermen language well to the people I talk to. (The media will bloody twist it anyway no matter what the case) jmho, but this stereotype attitude that you place on people that in your words,we dont care for the sport is madness where you getting this fact from ,a little bird told you so ...... you are right and very up to date with rules a regulations of the sport which should be known by all but you are also one obnoxious man from reading some of your post on threads here very one minded. Take it what way ya like thast fact Id say ya love an ould bitch fight.

Edited by howdeeposxxt
  • Like 2

Its good to have people to put uneducated guys like me straight for the good of the sport, but to me its terriermen language well to the people I talk to. (The media will bloody twist it anyway no matter what the case) jmho, but this stereotype attitude that you place on people that in your words,we dont care for the sport is madness where you getting this fact from ,a little bird told you so ...... you are right in and very up to date with rules a regulations of the sport which should be known by all but you are also one obnoxious man from reading some of your post on threads here very one minded. Take it what way ya like thast fact Id sayya love an ould bitch fight.

You're 99% right, but I fight like a gentleman, not a bitch.

mr looney I think youre going a bit over board . I must look at my rule book next time before I enter a terrier mind my p's and q's and make sure I tell my dog to go easy bay at the quarry and under no circumstances get himself hurt hows that

Can I call you phoney, since we're mocking names here ?

The next time you enter a terrier I presume it will be in the countryside. So why would you mind your Ps and Qs ?

That doesn't make sense.

Coming on here damaging terrierwork doesn't make sense either.

Mr.Cooney you made some good valid points there im not goin geting in to an argument on open forum with you my mother gave me good manners and to always respect my elders that you have but lads havnt intentionaly come on here to use certain "phrases" to help the anti brigade its terrier talk thats all no harm intended. We are not the muppets thats on the facebook getin the whole country up in arms. We just come on here to have the craic and a bit of banter thats all. The lad tony there is hunting 30 odd years ffs were not on here promoting crime gangs thats in to hunting and certain not on here to give the antis ammunition to use against anyone. If i have offended you i apologise because by all means you are a well respected terrier man that dont suffer fools gladly.

• Like 3

The last thing i want to do is damage terrierwork honestly, well I love the sport just as much as any man, I tought this was a forum to discuss earthdogs and terrierwork both terrier types come into that discussion i tought hard and sounder yappers mixers or whatever. But if discussing only a specific type of worker is accepted and talking bout the other is classed as wrong doing or been a wannabee, this site aint for me happy diggin. Or the diiggin word probably should not be mentioned either.

Edited by howdeeposxxt
  • Like 2

I picked up a local paper recently and in it is an article where our local MEP is asking for a police force to be set up specifically to target wildlife crime.

This MEP is pro hunting but is probably believing all the recent bullshit that the papers are printing that all stems from lads on FB.

Then a half hour before my last post a lad dropped me out some sacks of wheat for pheasants. He was at a county gunclub meeting recently where the gunclubs are being asked to help in the fight against wildlife crime ie. badger digging and lurchers.

I know it's worse in Britain than here but if we want to be working our terriers for the rest of our lives then we need to clean up our acts by not giving the media and anti's so much to use against us.

Believe me, I know that this site is spotless compared to FB etc, and I think most lads on this site are hunting lads, just like me and my mates. But I do think common sense could be used more, by all of us.

A thread on hard dogs was always going to go down the wrong road anyways because it's there in black in white that to use them is illegal. So why say you have them ????????????

IF, you are going to discuss that type of terrier IMO Alcapones last post is a good post on the subject. No graphic descriptions, just a common sense discussion. He makes sense and what he say's has been the formula to many a good yard of terriers.

I'm just glad I have my little yappers.

I'm not apologizing for my earlier posts. I never apologize, sorry but that's just the way it is.

Neil you will be glad to hear this is my final post on the subject because I'm board of it all and you seem a very blinkered man wrapped up in your own little bubble . I've never understood why people with yappers have this conception that lads who like a game hard terrier is a macho man with a dick problem sureley one man's meat etc etc ( did you like the play on words there Neil )I've never turned round and called a lad with a yapper a pussy cause its the same type of thing is it not , because I have more respect if that's the working style in a dog he has chosen that's all that matters who am I to tell him different . so Neil as I've said you carry on enjoying your yapping terrier and I will enjoy my hard terriers . as for labeling me an anti nothing could be further from the truth

• Like 3

I picked up a local paper recently and in it is an article where our local MEP is asking for a police force to be set up specifically to target wildlife crime.

This MEP is pro hunting but is probably believing all the recent bullshit that the papers are printing that all stems from lads on FB.

Then a half hour before my last post a lad dropped me out some sacks of wheat for pheasants. He was at a county gunclub meeting recently where the gunclubs are being asked to help in the fight against wildlife crime ie. badger digging and lurchers.

I know it's worse in Britain than here but if we want to be working our terriers for the rest of our lives then we need to clean up our acts by not giving the media and anti's so much to use against us.

Believe me, I know that this site is spotless compared to FB etc, and I think most lads on this site are hunting lads, just like me and my mates. But I do think common sense could be used more, by all of us.

A thread on hard dogs was always going to go down the wrong road anyways because it's there in black in white that to use them is illegal. So why say you have them ????????????

IF, you are going to discuss that type of terrier IMO Alcapones last post is a good post on the subject. No graphic descriptions, just a common sense discussion. He makes sense and what he say's has been the formula to many a good yard of terriers.

I'm just glad I have my little yappers.

I'm not apologizing for my earlier posts. I never apologize, sorry but that's just the way it is.

Im not apologizing,i never apologize then you go and say SORRY,LOL.

• Like 2

Fat head, i was admitted i was gone with the fairies when i give you that reply and was thinking of a biggish burrow i knew and a small bitch i lost over a year ago. On your question i remember another small girl and i took her down the bank. On My Own, she let go and i knew her quarry would be good, it bayed, it charge in her, and she made no sound, no interface, she pushed them to the bottom of the bank, dug to it in sand, single handed, tough quarry an id be digging one hole, and listening to a working terrier baying, I'd be the man to separate, as she be too hard boy, one of very many! I

Fat head, i was admitted i was gone with the fairies when i give you that reply and was thinking of a biggish burrow i knew and a small bitch i lost over a year ago. On your question i remember another small girl and i took her down the bank. On My Own, she let go and i knew her quarry would be good, it bayed, it charge in her, and she made no sound, no interface, she pushed them to the bottom of the bank, dug to it in sand, single handed, tough quarry an id be digging one hole, and listening to a working terrier baying, I'd be the man to separate, as she be too hard boy, one of very many! I

I WOULD HAVE A BETTER CHANCE UNDERSTANDING MORSE CODE,LOL.

• Like 1