3/4 Terrier 1/4 Beagle

Ideation

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright. . . . I deleted my original reply, because I thought it was a little harsh.   But no.. . . . you're a prick. I rarely post on here anymore, but I've noticed all that you do is come on here

serious come down from a Saturday session or just a knob?

That is typical of the shite you come out with on a regular basis Morton. It's there in black and white for all to see. Never read such nonsense in all my time on here.   Ideation - good luck in yo

Its a stupid question,any decent bred terrier wants to get stuck in,all the time,any decent bred Beagle is more wired than the average terrier,thus a 3/4 terrier-Beagle should be committed.At times if you need to ask you don,t really want to know.Or if you need to ask,dont.

That is typical of the shite you come out with on a regular basis Morton. It's there in black and white for all to see. Never read such nonsense in all my time on here.

Ideation - good luck in your search fella ?

• Like 5

No, unfortunately not. The dam is still alive, not sure on the sire. I know the grandsire got KIA, as did a number of her litter mates. I believe there is one pup from the litter her brother sired alive and well also. She's getting kind of limited edition. . . . . There have been a couple of other interesting breedings here recently. . . teckel x teckel, beddy x beagle and I believe that we may have a beagle x lakeland pup joining the gang sometime soon.

Have you thought of sticking a harrier dog over her mate? I know where there's some good ones :thumbs:

Too much hound for what I want I think. . . . .

I also happen to be very friendly with the huntsman of a very good pack of harriers. . . . .

Also have the option of an outstanding beagle.

isnt a terrier x to hound in this case beagle = Plummer terrier .?? well that's what I was told n there make up, and they good little bushing dogs /ratting , not sure earth dogs though , but nice little dogs that throw to form

I think that was the make up bird, and a few other bits.

I'm happy with the size, shape and form of my bitch and would take a few of her. The biggest shame is the loss of her two siblings which I had the pleasure to see work, and would very much have liked to acquire. Unfortunatly they went to another home and ended up dead. The only change I would like to make to my bitch is hard to describe.

She hunts because she loves to hunt a scent, so if something has been risen and is running, she will follow its line, screaming away, but what she doenst do very well, is lift her head and run on air scent, cutting across the line, and making ground quicker, i.e the fastest route between two points is a straight line! I think if she would lift her head and run on she would end some hunts a little quicker, by making contact with the quarry and keeping it in one place long enough for the cavalry to arrive. What I want her to do is go from hunting to hunt, to hunting to kill. If that makes any sense?

Don't get me wrong, if she does catch up with her quarry although she is a sensible bitch, and in some situations will stand off and bay, in other she will pile right on, and has a jaw like a vice. She also has some good weight to her, being small but 15.5kg, she's a solid lump. Also even though as I said she is sensible, if it all kicks off and either I or the other dogs need helps when the chips are down, she will happily jump in and won't leave you hanging.

I was hoping a terrier blooded dog may give her that bit more sharpness and bite. But was hoping by keeping a little beagle on both sides, I wouldn't lose her voice or ability to hold a line when scents not great.

• Like 1