The Dark / And Your Mind ?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after reading top dog1 post about seeing strange things in the dark when lamping . this is one years back , but always makes me think what your mind can do when put in the right or wrong position

True words,...     Seen a lot of things ,...but never been feared of the night.....   Night hunting is like entering a whole new world,...but as a rule,..there ain't nothing out there to hurt ya.

One night whilst night fishing a small secluded mere in Cheshire a car pulled into the car park,a young couple got out and decided to have a session on the car bonnet with the lights still on....must

Posted Images

One night whilst night fishing a small secluded mere in Cheshire a car pulled into the car park,a young couple got out and decided to have a session on the car bonnet with the lights still on....must have been at it 20 mins..... :laugh: Lets just say what he lacked in skill he made up for with enthusiasm :toast: Right after the vinegar stroke the place lit up with torches and applause from the carp anglers :laugh::laugh: Never seen a car reverse so fast....probably the last boner hed ever have the poor b*****d :laugh:

Edited by northern lad
  • Like 7

I have never been afraid of the dark, even as a small kid I used to love going out in the dark. Although I will admit the first time I heard a sheep cough at night it did frighten me, but I was 8 at the time. Many years ago I lived in Brecon and used to go for a night out to Merthyr, the A470 is a long and desolate road from Cefn to Brecon, there was one patch of road it was only about 200 yards long where, if I missed my lift and had to walk back to Brecon, the hairs on my neck would stand up and I would start to shiver. Never had it before or since but every time I passed that spot walking it would happen. Have never been able to work that one out.

TC

Forty years ago i used to supplement my apprenticship wages by poaching, not with my dog but with my .22 browning rimmy. Me and a mate used to hit a local estate on wild wet windy nights, forget this bullshit about a poachers moon, thats total crap. One of us drove and dropped the other one off at the woods then come back at a pre arranged time. One night my mate dropped me off at the woods and left me to it, moving to where the pheasants used to roost i suddenly got the feeling that someone else was there, you know that sixth sense when the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end, suddenly a lighter struck up and i saw a shadow like figure stood lighting a fag, gun crooked across his arm. Shit i thought got to get the hell out of here, creeping back every leaf i stepped on sounded like a branch breaking in my mind, i finally made it to the road and spent 20 minutes waiting for my mate to pick me up. Strange how your senses at night can spook you or can warn you of danger. Fact your mind can play tricks on you either good or bad. YIS KIC.

• Like 1

Obviously there's no such thing as ghosts and all that crap

You should tell that to my mate who night fishes on combermere abbey

Some of the stories

Oi Gaz's mate! There is no such thing as ghosts, spirits, boogie men, Santa Claus, tooth fairy, God, vampires, Wizards or psychics.

Some of the stories

Oi Gaz's mate! There is no such thing as ghosts, spirits, boogie men, Santa Claus, tooth fairy, God, vampires, Wizards or psychics.

He says you are wrong. Lol

Some of the stories

There's barely enough to time in the day for me to fall out with the members on here let alone their friends, he's wrong I'm right that's the end of it.

Some of the stories

There's barely enough to time in the day for me to fall out with the members on here let alone their friends, he's wrong I'm right that's the end of it.

?????