Cornish-V-Joshua...commonwealth Heavyweight Title

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am going for Badou Jack, my son met him last week in L.A. Also Ishe Smith and the main man Floyd senior

The difference between Whyte and Joshua for me is that big Josh is improving with every fight he is still nowhere near the end product but Whyte i feel is as good as he,s ever going to be.....Joshua a

Ive never seen Cornish before i couldnt believe the size of him when they weighed in i dont remember seeing big Josh looking up at an opponent he,s going to be facing movement for the first time but s

Kennel blindness comes to mind on this thread.... :yes:

Bang on..............i think its horrible how so called Brits can be so biased between one British sportsman and another.....people have their favorites thats fine but to be so poisonous towards another Brit just because he,s not your favorite Brit :blink: very strange !

It doesnt take an experienced boxing eye to see Joshua is an outstanding prospect what folk find hard to admit about that i dont know.....i remember seeing fighters like Honeyghan and Benn when they were young prospects it was like watching a young David Beckham kick a ball or a young Tom Jones sing a song it was obvious you was watching someone special and you didnt need to be a footballer,singer or indeed a boxer to see that........how special remains to be seen with Joshua but there can be no denying he is a special prospect.

• Like 2

talk about his camp being nervous ,the whole set-up is a joke

The kid is promoted by the most succesful promotional team in British boxing at this time..............little Peter Hennessey is hardly in the same league.

The kid is training in the most succesful stable of fighters in the country....................Fury trains in a small family run gym.

The kid is trained by a trainer with world title winning experience....................how many world titles has Furys trainer trained fighters to.

Professional athletes surround themself with the most capable people within their field which is exactly what Joshua has done.....most people would call getting your friends and family in to run your boxing career a joke.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

The kid is promoted by the most succesful promotional team in British boxing at this time..............little Peter Hennessey is hardly in the same league.

The kid is training in the most succesful stable of fighters in the country....................Fury trains in a small family run gym.

The kid is trained by a trainer with world title winning experience....................how many world titles has Furys trainer trained fighters to.

Professional athletes surround themself with the most capable people within their field which is exactly what Joshua has done.....most people would call getting your friends and family in to run your boxing career a joke.

Spot on that.

He's being very sensible and his team are doing all they can to ensure he succeeds and has a long career ahead of him. Nothing wrong with that. We would all do the same, or at least those with half a brain would.

• Like 1

I don't know why people use the term granite chin beacuse granite isn't actually that strong one tap with a hammer will break granite same with the term cast iron breaks very easily

both be hard to punch using your fist though cushty? When has a hammer been used in a boxing ring?

Didnt they used to call Henry Coopers right hand Henry,s Hammer ?

who was called the ghost with the hammer in his hand,think he was from wales,

Jonny Owens from Merthyr?

TC

A joke lol listen it's just how different camps do it maybe fury feels more comfortable doing it his way with his family you obviously are very envious of Peter fury and the camp as you mention this time after time can't you just accept they do it differently and still achive great sucsess

A joke lol listen it's just how different camps do it maybe fury feels more comfortable doing it his way with his family you obviously are very envious of Peter fury and the camp as you mention this time after time can't you just accept they do it differently and still achive great sucsess

Dont start being silly again mate im not envious of anybody.......but when somebody calls Joshuas camp " a joke " for doing the text book proven professional way of doing things then naturally points will be raised about the unconventional way Fury is doing things.......i couldnt give a shit what the Furys do it makes no odds to me im just having a bit of boxing talk theres nothing to get all emotional over.

Gnash, i for one is liking what im seeing and cant wait for bigger tougher fights but we dont know how he will react when he gets caught flush by a so called better opponent,

He,s a prospect mate nothing more nothing less......being brought along perfectly through every stage of his career of which last night was just another step.....nobody knows how any fighter will react under the right conditions but having seen the kid withstand hard shots i personally dont have any more worries than any other fighter......but nobody is immune from getting hurt of course.

• Like 3

Gnash, it's clear from this post and others before this that you have no idea what your talkin about, do yourself a favour flower and listen to cushty....... :laugh:

Point taken.........i,ll stick to talking about stuff i know a bit about........ballet dancing,stamp collecting that sort of thing :thumbs:

Can Gary Cornish weather the storm and take Anthony Joshua beyond 3 rounds??...could there be an upset??...Dillion Whyte on the undercard...lets hope him and Joshua dont bump into each other in KFC afterwar

Before this mis-match i expected it to go 3 rounds,it did not come as a surprise to see another Highlander surrender so easily,its in their history?.

theres only one joke and thats you and the nonsense you continually spout ya donut

I dont know much about boxing and i wont insult anyone by pretending i do, i do have one question Mike Tyson at a similar age to AJ who would you was the better prospect?

Silly question I know just curious :thumbs:

tyson wasn't a prospect at his age, he was world champion at age 20.

i dont like to see all this bickering about who's this and that. off course people have their favourites and thats our own choice id like to see all our prospects get up the ladder and hopefully to the top. who is the best? well time will tell but the young joshua is a very good prospect at the moment and the division being the way it is im sure he could go all the way. as gnasher has said he is in a top camp who will get him the chance of success.

if he don't go all the way he will certainly make a lot of money on his journey and good luck to him

• Like 3