Cornish-V-Joshua...commonwealth Heavyweight Title

talk about his camp being nervous ,the whole set-up is a joke

The kid is promoted by the most succesful promotional team in British boxing at this time..............little Peter Hennessey is hardly in the same league.

The kid is training in the most succesful stable of fighters in the country....................Fury trains in a small family run gym.

The kid is trained by a trainer with world title winning experience....................how many world titles has Furys trainer trained fighters to.

Professional athletes surround themself with the most capable people within their field which is exactly what Joshua has done.....most people would call getting your friends and family in to run your boxing career a joke.

sensible answer and very true indeed..??????

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am going for Badou Jack, my son met him last week in L.A. Also Ishe Smith and the main man Floyd senior

The difference between Whyte and Joshua for me is that big Josh is improving with every fight he is still nowhere near the end product but Whyte i feel is as good as he,s ever going to be.....Joshua a

Ive never seen Cornish before i couldnt believe the size of him when they weighed in i dont remember seeing big Josh looking up at an opponent he,s going to be facing movement for the first time but s

I dont know much about boxing and i wont insult anyone by pretending i do, i do have one question Mike Tyson at a similar age to AJ who would you was the better prospect?

Silly question I know just curious :thumbs:

tyson wasn't a prospect at his age, he was world champion at age 20.

i dont like to see all this bickering about who's this and that. off course people have their favourites and thats our own choice id like to see all our prospects get up the ladder and hopefully to the top. who is the best? well time will tell but the young joshua is a very good prospect at the moment and the division being the way it is im sure he could go all the way. as gnasher has said he is in a top camp who will get him the chance of success.

if he don't go all the way he will certainly make a lot of money on his journey and good luck to him

It is a crazy record Tyson holds, world champion at 20 years old. Trouble is he didn't really improve as a fighter from that point, I suppose he didn't have to because he was technically brilliant for a short heavyweight. Would have been a sight seeing Tyson fighting a young charger like Joshua, personally I think Tyson would have knocked him out although you never know, Joshua is huge and hits very hard.

I dont know much about boxing and i wont insult anyone by pretending i do, i do have one question Mike Tyson at a similar age to AJ who would you was the better prospect?

I wouldnt call that a silly question id say its a fantastic topic for discussion......of which ive had with a hundred different folk already :D but for what its worth id say they are/were very similar they both came along when the division was at an all time low and for that reason we probably held them in higher esteem than they really deserved......both of them.

• Like 1

talk about his camp being nervous ,the whole set-up is a joke

The kid is promoted by the most succesful promotional team in British boxing at this time..............little Peter Hennessey is hardly in the same league.

The kid is training in the most succesful stable of fighters in the country....................Fury trains in a small family run gym.

The kid is trained by a trainer with world title winning experience....................how many world titles has Furys trainer trained fighters to.

Professional athletes surround themself with the most capable people within their field which is exactly what Joshua has done.....most people would call getting your friends and family in to run your boxing career a joke.

theres only one joke and thats you and the nonsense you continually spout ya donut

oh ok.......well the fact that you are settling for an insult rather than a debate probably says it all .......and coming from someone who continually whinges about being insulted id say the jokes on you me little fruit ;)

• Like 2

The Calzaghe Family seemed to do ok from their little Gym.

Calzaghe was a technically gifted athlete ...............Fury is not.............its not a difficult conundrum.
Your opinion lol

not gifted athlete you really make me laugh big naturally heavyweight who has got handspeed for a bigman can switch stance when he wants good footwork made Derek chisora a top rated heavyweight retire to his seat after not being able to land a glove but he's not technically gifted get a life fury is a more exiting prospect than Anthony Joshua that's for sure what will you say when he beats wvlad next month

Most of the 'debate' in this thread boils down to one thing..., jealousy. The guys knocking Joshua (Fury's fans/family) have a chip on their shoulder about the exposure and profile afforded to the guy, when in reality that's not really anything to do with him. The reality is he's just been marketed better..., a lot better. It wouldn't surprise me if he's earned more than Fury already and he hasn't fought anyone near the top level yet. I believe that if Fury was promoted by Hearn, and fought on Sky, he too would have a higher profile. That's just the way it is, with Sky, Matchroom and Hearn are in the box seat with British boxing. And regardless of what Fury or his old boy with the chip on his shoulder says, I believe it's got nothing to do with him being a traveller.

To say Joshua 'hasn't fought anyone yet' may be a fair comment, and that's maybe another debate in itself. I think whether you love or hate AJ we have a unanimous decision that he has yet to be properly tested. But should he have been? Had Fury fought much better in his first 14 fights?

Hearn and Sky have Joshua selling out the O2 and they'll all be pocketing plenty. That could encourage them to protect their 'cash cow' but I don't believe they will. I think 2016 will see AJ move on to fighting world ranked fighters to eventually get him a title shot. That doesn't, and probably shouldn't happen overnight but I believe it will happen and then we'll all see what he's made of. To take cheap shots at him now for who he's fought is naive and petty. Like any pro at this stage of his career he can only fight who's put in front of him.

I wish Tyson all the best, and hope he does the business next month. And hopefully he can hang onto the belts for a year or so until Joshua is ready for him, then me and the rest of the British boxing fans will get to see who really is the best. :thumbs:

Edited by pesky1972
  • Like 2

I wouldnt call that a silly question id say its a fantastic topic for discussion......of which ive had with a hundred different folk already :D but for what its worth id say they are/were very similar they both came along when the division was at an all time low and for that reason we probably held them in higher esteem than they really deserved......both of them.

cheers mate :thumbs:

Most of the 'debate' in this thread boils down to one thing..., jealousy. The guys knocking Joshua (Fury's fans/family) have a chip on their shoulder about the exposure and profile afforded to the guy, when in reality that's not really anything to do with him. The reality is he's just been marketed better..., a lot better. It wouldn't surprise me if he's earned more than Fury already and he hasn't fought anyone near the top level yet. I believe that if Fury was promoted by Hearn, and fought on Sky, he too would have a higher profile. That's just the way it is, with Sky, Matchroom and Hearn are in the box seat with British boxing. And regardless of what Fury or his old boy with the chip on his shoulder says, I believe it's got nothing to do with him being a traveller.

To say Joshua 'hasn't fought anyone yet' may be a fair comment, and that's maybe another debate in itself. I think whether you love or hate AJ we have a unanimous decision that he has yet to be properly tested. But should he have been? Had Fury fought much better in his first 14 fights?

Hearn and Sky have Joshua selling out the O2 and they'll all be pocketing plenty. That could encourage them to protect their 'cash cow' but I don't believe they will. I think 2016 will see AJ move on to fighting world ranked fighters to eventually get him a title shot. That doesn't, and probably shouldn't happen overnight but I believe it will happen and then we'll all see what he's made of. To take cheap shots at him now for who he's fought is naive and petty. Like any pro at this stage of his career he can only fight who's put in front of him.

I wish Tyson all the best, and hope he does the business next month. And hopefully he can hang onto the belts for a year or so until Joshua is ready for him, then me and the rest of the British boxing fans will get to see who really is the best. :thumbs:

No truth in that atall most of the people who slander Joshua don't like fury either

Vitali couldn't even control the fight with Derek chisora and went life and death with him

You do know this was a way past it Vitali in his second to last fight??

Lol way past it so was Kevin Johnson when aj apparently stopped him but on one cares for that

Vitali couldn't even control the fight with Derek chisora and went life and death with him

Lol way past it so was Kevin Johnson when aj apparently stopped him but on one cares for that

Yes but Vitali didn't get demolished early on now did he?? What exactly are you getting at? AJ is looking the business and destroying everyone and will become a contender shortly all things being well. Fury is in the premier league now and we will see how he does against the worlds best.

Yes but Vitali didn't get demolished early on now did he?? What exactly are you getting at? AJ is looking the business and destroying everyone and will become a contender shortly all things being well. Fury is in the premier league now and we will see how he does against the worlds best.

Gary Cornish is a joiner who had to ask his company for time of to train for the Joshua fight yes aj has the power but it's time for a serious step up.

Kevin Johnson was on his feet and could have fought on it wasn't a true stoppage it's what the Americans call a British stoppage.

Gary Cornish is a joiner who had to ask his company for time of to train for the Joshua fight yes aj has the power but it's time for a serious step up.

Kevin Johnson was on his feet and could have fought on it wasn't a true stoppage it's what the Americans call a British stoppage.

I agree that it's time for a step up, next is Whyte. I think Joshua will blow him out early despite what happened when both were in the amatuers. A lot of fights are stopped a tad too soon, it's called preventing the inevitable.