The Future Of Working Lurchers.

Working lurcher Organisation - Countryside Alliance.  

104 members have voted

1. 1. With the recent rumbles regarding a amendment. Do lurcher men want & club that is willing to promote legitimate lurcher work , communicate their concerns at a higher level and a platform to share knowledge,experience & field trials etc.

• Yes - I think thats something we are missing.
    • I am not sure but, If i seen some action, id like to participate.
    • I am not interested.
  2. 2. Would You Join the CA "If " lurcher work was seen to be a concern of theirs?

• I already am a member.
    • Id join "IF" they were seen to be working, to protect & promote legitimate lurcher work.
    • I am not interested .
    • No . Id not even give them Ten pence.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be a long term campaign, tough and certainly not for the weak hearted or those who cannot commit to and stick to the proposals as regards time and enthusiasm. Every body ,who is involved in

The term lurcher work covers a wide spectrum of countryside and sporting activities. I personally dont think joe public has any great objections to lurcher work as most of them wouldnt know or unders

With the recent proposed Amendment going on hold & a few related posts and topics on here..   Its got me thinking and most likely a few others.   I've touched upon the subject with some like

Posted Images

So this is all about being accepted for what working your dogs still can't get my head round what all this is about are yous going to have meetings and talk about what ?

its for getting our side across to tell the truth about how efficient and environmentally friendly, personel well being, pest control and the general support hunting with dogs have, and that running dogs wont be a lamb to the slaughter by other cocks that's bad mouthing it to save their own form of sport. when the time comes all the groups within the working dog world will have a voice and that we would be better in numbers than singletons

• Like 2

I have had a number of PM's asking about membership, etc. What we have to remember is that the ALC was formed as a association of Lurcher clubs. This was right for the time and the fight we had on our hands. We the Lurcher owners also had a second fight! That of being accepted as an organised Field sport. This has never been more important than now. As we have seen, not all Lurcher/Longdog owners are poachers.Many are there who want to hunt their game with the full permission of the land owner and working under a strict code of conduct. These men and women are the future of Lurcher work in all it's forms.

The ALC has the experience for the fight. However, many Lurcher/Longdog owners at that time joined the ALC for reasons other than fighting for Lurcher work, the Forley cup was a great event but it was not the only reason for for joining the ALC. When hunting in all it's forms was banned, Membership of the ALC declined. Many of our members just wanted a competition. To tell them that we needed to carry on the fight fell on deaf ears.For ten years now I have tried to create interest, to no avail.

In my first post I said that the dragon has awoken and that is very true. The power of one is pointless but the power on many must be heard. The ALC is yours, not mine.

To this end I suggest that a meeting for the most interested Parties be held to form a committee and sort out membership fees and the direction for the way forward (much of this has been done and just needs updating) The ALC as it now stands already has a code of conduct for under the ban and a second one for after the repeal accepted by the Council of hunting Associations (CHA) these can be accepted as is or changed to the requirements of the new committee.To those of you that have contacted me, regarding membership fee and rules. I say they are up to you all.

I will be happy to chair this meeting, But if the new committee feels that a new chairman is needed, I will stand down and give the new chairman all the help that I am able. What matters is the future of Lurcher work.

Alan Tyer

• Like 6

How and where can the ALC be joined, if there is a club already formed with a structure in place do we need another one ?

I think you answered your own question ,a lot of the younger enthusiasts of the countryside have never heard of it ,so maybe needs to be replaced.The ALC is associated with the Forley etc so has an image of organised coursing which along with the Waterloo, the Cock of the North etc gave the lacs and antis their initial targets to aim for in relation to getting not just organised coursing banned but draconian legislation that has impinged on the individuals right to work his dogs whether lurchers, long dogs terriers , mink and fox hounds etc. Not only BANS imposed under the Hunting with dogs Act but even farmers and land owners were and still are being threatened with prosecution if they allow certain activities on their own land. The time is now for a complete cleansing and new approach to bring the fight to 2015 , remembering the old traditions and customs will always be a part of Country folk law, but this is now about all forms of country hunting activities not just coursing and terrier work so we need to move forward as an association of like minded individuals from all relevant activities, clear defined objectives and aims, clear principled policies and a media savvy leadership that can exploit all avenues of publicity and support in order to eventually get a repeal of the Unjust biased , unworkable Hunting Act legislation even if just to ensure legislation that allows the public to practice long standing traditions that are part of the fabric of Rural life. Even some one said in Search Engines even C/A does not prominently appear I am assuming the LACS and RSPCA do,That is how the muster massive support by using the Media manipulating publicity to hoodwink the public and in turn influence the parliamentarians into formulating policy to restrict and remove basic freedom of choice,

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 3

Good point Desert Bred, but Alan Tyler's ( courser) post sums up my way of thinking. The club is there it just needs likeminded people all pulling in the same direction. The last thing we need is people bickering I guess that's why a lot of these types of ideas fall over before they even get up and running. Which ever route you guys decide on I will join and support.

• Like 2

Any of you younger lads willing and capable to design and produce a web site for the association.

I could look into it but it could be quite costly to do it right, domain names, SEO's to get to the first page in google, graphics,design etc. you could use the free websites but im not sure how they work, if we could get together and set up a group/club its something that should be done properly.
My Mrs is an seo for a web based company. she has got them to the top in all the countries of operation. I can always learn the tricks from her and pass the knowledge around ;)
  • Like 4

FOR ALL WHO HAVE GIVEN ME THEIR EMAIL ADDRESSES.........

are you ok with me sending a group email out ( so obviously other folks emails will show)

Ping me a message if you are ok with this. We need to start chatting together to see how we go forward with this. Alone or with the ALC etc.

cheers

count sac`s out, tried them already, initially were all for it, then Alex went all covert and vanished :laugh:
can you blame him lol

Any of you younger lads willing and capable to design and produce a web site for the association.

I could look into it but it could be quite costly to do it right, domain names, SEO's to get to the first page in google, graphics,design etc. you could use the free websites but im not sure how they work, if we could get together and set up a group/club its something that should be done properly.
My Mrs is an seo for a web based company. she has got them to the top in all the countries of operation. I can always learn the tricks from her and pass the knowledge around ;)

Thanks Mushroom, having a strong web presence will be a must :)

if the tips are on a par with your renowned pup training tips bring them on :laugh: we can get a pocket size booklet printed :D seriously SEO thats the expertise we need :thumbs: