Best Collie Xs

Morton always on about sex on hunting forum bet it turns out he is Rolf Harris send this shit from his open prison

Think you could be onto something there. Or maybe he's one of them strange c**ts what fingers dogs and pretends he's checking their temperature? Lol
I don't mind folk disagree we you posts or you views that's fine but think he really should look at better way to express his views I have had lot of great help and advise from guys on here just glad there rest of the folk are genuine and offering help instead of the crap that this guy put on here

Some people only come on for entertainment fella. Think he's one of them.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You want a lassie type collie mun, won't hunt shit but will tell you when johnny's stuck down the well and it'll always find its way home.

Collie lurcher pups

Id concentrate on the whelp at hand for at least 4 years before id even think of owning a second dog,ill guarantee that the average lurcher owner cannot justify 1 dog in the kennel and rarely meets th

Posted Images

Looks very similar to the one I had off you, any relation?

TC

Litter brother.... :yes:

Either of you two ever breed off them? or did they wear out before the chance arose?

Mine killed himself on a rabbit just short of his second birthday. Extreme prey drive, too much in my humble opinion, did not know when to ease up. And if that is the dog I am thinking of he done really well for himself, but if he was bred from I cannot tell you.

TC

Hi Tiercel,..as you know,.there is often a fair bit of variation in herding dog / running dog composites,..I have found that it takes a few hybridisations, before the pot stops boiling over,..and things finaly settle down.... :thumbs:

Most litters produce some that make it, and others that are destined for an early grave,...

I am sorry your pup did not work out.

I also lost the litter sister to yours,.(I kept her back for my own use), but fate decreed otherwise,..and she got killed in action.

Another dog pup also went to Wales....and in my opinion,.he was a truly superb mouching dog,...

I left it too late to use him to continue the line,.I was a fool... :wallbash:

Life goes on eh,.... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 3

There's catching rabbits and catching rabbits though Ray..

Loads of varables with the dogs as you know..

You don't need a lot of collie for catching gear.

Pure sight hounds will put meat on the table.

That six sence is something special and that's what collie fetches with a few other attractive attributes.

I never even seen a first cross run a rabbit..

Its not something that tickles my fancy either..

I like fast dogs with a brain cell or two lol..

• Like 2

There's catching rabbits and catching rabbits though Ray..

Loads of varables with the dogs as you know..

You don't need a lot of collie for catching gear.

Pure sight hounds will put meat on the table.

That six sence is something special and that's what collie fetches with a few other attractive attributes.

I never even seen a first cross run a rabbit..

Its not something that tickles my fancy either..

I like fast dogs with a brain cell or two lol..

:thumbs:

Looks very similar to the one I had off you, any relation?

TC

Litter brother.... :yes:

Either of you two ever breed off them? or did they wear out before the chance arose?

Mine killed himself on a rabbit just short of his second birthday. Extreme prey drive, too much in my humble opinion, did not know when to ease up. And if that is the dog I am thinking of he done really well for himself, but if he was bred from I cannot tell you.

TC

Hi Tiercel,..as you know,.there is often a fair bit of variation in herding dog / running dog composites,..I have found that it takes a few hybridisations, before the pot stops boiling over,..and things finaly settle down.... :thumbs:

Most litters produce some that make it, and others that are destined for an early grave,...

I am sorry your pup did not work out.

I also lost the litter sister to yours,.(I kept her back for my own use), but fate decreed otherwise,..and she got killed in action.

Another dog pup also went to Wales....and in my opinion,.he was a truly superb mouching dog,...

I left it too late to use him to continue the line,.I was a fool... :wallbash:

Life goes on eh,.... :thumbs:

It was the dog that went to Mountain ash I was thinking about. As you say with any mixture of breeds it will throw up a mixture of pups. There is an old saying "you pays your money and you takes your chances" never so true as when you have a mixture of breeds. It is a pity that the line was not carried on, but as you say "That's life" you win some you lose some. Hindsight is a wonderful tool to make you think 'what if.'

TC

• Like 1

You said (none there all shit) unless I read it wrong? I was just looking for a chat about collie xs and to see what works best for people atb mate

well i have a lurcher with collie in him , beardie and border , but he also has bull in him.

If i was going to buy a collie cross i wouldnt care what collie was used as long as the parents were doing the job i wanted the pup to do ..And imo a collie based lurcher (not just collie/grey) can make a far more versatile mutt than a c/g

Why?

i think the main reason is the addition of other breeds helps keep the collie sensitivity at bay , but this is just my opinion

id still prefer to own a 3/4 collie 1/4 grey than most other crosses lol

I wonder what acd x grey like regards temp, I know p/l says they can be very good guard type dog, as acd in pure form good guards and will use there teeth . but don't know if there as sensitive / wimpy as border collies xs , ive had 3 border colliexs and all were in my opinion over sensitive , but saying that my gsd x grey just as bad really , you can up set them dead easy . if the acd x grey wasn't over sensitive type temp, I reckon you have good lurcher and a 1/4 acd x 3/4 grey prob make good alrounder .

The ones i've seen have been pretty rock solid Bird,there so happy to please and so quick to learn that IF YOU GIVE THEM the out let for their inteligence then there a easy dog to have around :victory: ,leave one bored and hell will be in your yard :yes: ,,

I know what your saying , but what I meant was fair few coliiex greys have what you call a fawning nature , that they get up set easy and sulk , you know the thing give them a hollering etc , and its closed shop lol, they wont do feck all for you, you only got to look at Bryn in the wrong way, and you may as well take him home day or night . what I meant are they of a forgiving nature , that nothing really upsets them from there owner , I was talking to a bloke to day with 2 labs , and he was saying the one dog was sensitive and had treat it with kid gloves. But the other both males was tougher mentally , that he didn't give a shit what he said to him, he did as he was told , but even as pup he was bold type , and lad said he preferred this temp to sensitive one :yes: that what I meant mate, Buck my young dog is very full on in the field he well up for anything, but he like Bryn as sensitive nature. I like the acd xgrey lurcher , and I had feeling that they were tougher type mentally than collies and kelpies as kelpie only another strain of border collie , from what ive read . how come you never tried this x again ,? if there temp what I think there like I think you have very good lurcher , brain/brawn with good stamina and fair pace .

The ones i knew or know were/are so up for pleasing you (these dogs live for you and not really for themselves sort of thing) that any raised voice will upset them but not in a timid way,they'll just try not to do what ever got you shouting at them again.A firm hand is needed for them as such as they do have drive about them and let them be to do their own thing and your'll be in a war of brains and patients you will loose :laugh: .These types NEED to be doing things that not only test the body but the brains as well and as for getting another acd x.............watch this space in the very near future mate :thumbs::D ....

• Like 3

over the years seen some collie xs stand up with the best of hunting dogs foxs hares rabbits they are as good as any other bred :thumbs:

They did the Native man well for many a year Willow,until the need (cheat :whistling: ) to use non native dogs to catch native gear took over :laugh:

• Like 1

over the years seen some collie xs stand up with the best of hunting dogs foxs hares rabbits they are as good as any other bred :thumbs:

They did the Native man well for many a year Willow,until the need (cheat :whistling: ) to use non native dogs to catch native gear took over :laugh:

Says the fella looking for an Aussie cattle dog x :icon_eek:

• Like 1

Not looking , got one ;) and my lurcher has saluiki,belgium mally and american bull in her as well :yes: ,all said tounge in cheek mate :victory: but i am personaly far more impressed by a native bred dog doing the job than ever am a non native long distance runner catching a sprinting native animal :yes: .

• Like 1

Not looking , got one ;) and my lurcher has saluiki,belgium mally and american bull in her as well :yes: ,all said tounge in cheek mate :victory: but i am personaly far more impressed by a native bred dog doing the job than ever am a non native long distance runner catching a sprinting native animal :yes: .

only pulling ya leg fella. I know exactly where your coming from :thumbs:

• Like 2

You said (none there all shit) unless I read it wrong? I was just looking for a chat about collie xs and to see what works best for people atb mate

well i have a lurcher with collie in him , beardie and border , but he also has bull in him.

If i was going to buy a collie cross i wouldnt care what collie was used as long as the parents were doing the job i wanted the pup to do ..And imo a collie based lurcher (not just collie/grey) can make a far more versatile mutt than a c/g

Why?

i think the main reason is the addition of other breeds helps keep the collie sensitivity at bay , but this is just my opinion

id still prefer to own a 3/4 collie 1/4 grey than most other crosses lol

I wonder what acd x grey like regards temp, I know p/l says they can be very good guard type dog, as acd in pure form good guards and will use there teeth . but don't know if there as sensitive / wimpy as border collies xs , ive had 3 border colliexs and all were in my opinion over sensitive , but saying that my gsd x grey just as bad really , you can up set them dead easy . if the acd x grey wasn't over sensitive type temp, I reckon you have good lurcher and a 1/4 acd x 3/4 grey prob make good alrounder .

The ones i've seen have been pretty rock solid Bird,there so happy to please and so quick to learn that IF YOU GIVE THEM the out let for their inteligence then there a easy dog to have around :victory: ,leave one bored and hell will be in your yard :yes: ,,

I know what your saying , but what I meant was fair few coliiex greys have what you call a fawning nature , that they get up set easy and sulk , you know the thing give them a hollering etc , and its closed shop lol, they wont do feck all for you, you only got to look at Bryn in the wrong way, and you may as well take him home day or night . what I meant are they of a forgiving nature , that nothing really upsets them from there owner , I was talking to a bloke to day with 2 labs , and he was saying the one dog was sensitive and had treat it with kid gloves. But the other both males was tougher mentally , that he didn't give a shit what he said to him, he did as he was told , but even as pup he was bold type , and lad said he preferred this temp to sensitive one :yes: that what I meant mate, Buck my young dog is very full on in the field he well up for anything, but he like Bryn as sensitive nature. I like the acd xgrey lurcher , and I had feeling that they were tougher type mentally than collies and kelpies as kelpie only another strain of border collie , from what ive read . how come you never tried this x again ,? if there temp what I think there like I think you have very good lurcher , brain/brawn with good stamina and fair pace .

The ones i knew or know were/are so up for pleasing you (these dogs live for you and not really for themselves sort of thing) that any raised voice will upset them but not in a timid way,they'll just try not to do what ever got you shouting at them again.A firm hand is needed for them as such as they do have drive about them and let them be to do their own thing and your'll be in a war of brains and patients you will loose :laugh: .These types NEED to be doing things that not only test the body but the brains as well and as for getting another acd x.............watch this space in the very near future mate :thumbs::D ....

ok , hope you do :thumbs:

• Like 1